Random Boxing Discussion

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by sanchito, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Caleb Plant has 20 fights, Canelo has 55 or so and is at or near his prime. Those are the type of fights that ruin careers. Meldrick Taylor had 22 fights and Chavez had close to 70. Davey Moore had 13 fights and Duran had close to 80. David Reid had 13 fights and Trinidad had over 40. Taylor, Moore and Reid's careers were ruined. The same thing would happen to Plant.

mex fighter likes this.
  2. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Those are really poor examples of the point you're trying to bring home. Especially Taylor who many felt was winning the fight, up until the controversial stoppage. Plant is a champion. Who had previously called for this fight. And now that the fight is offered to him hes making excuses. That was my point. Theses young fighters...they be clout chasing on social media but don't really want that smoke. Charlo does that all the time. Called out everybody at 160 but at the end didn't want no part of Canelo, Andrade, or Jacobs. Boxing fans need to know what's going on.

3. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

You're 45 and talking about "clout chasing"?
    Yes, we know you get your info from ego and from ibfp boxing....bit to mention clout chasing?

4. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Wtf does being 45 have to do with anything? Just cause YOU don't agree or think some thing is important doesn't mean its not worth discussing, who the fuck made you king moderator around here? should I run it by you before I post something? to get your approval?

it's true. The boxing scene has changed. Ryan Garcia has 5 million followers. Do you think Ryan Garcia is the real deal? Is he a world beater? Wtf has Ryan Garcia done to sell out arenas? I'll tell you what. He knows how to promote himself. Part of it is Golden Boy obviously. But a lot of it is his social media. It's different ball game. The Charlos and Andrade are constantly bitching about being ducked on all their bias media channels. The truth is they're constantly turning down fights. Just stating the facts. youre the kind of guy that just regurgitates bits and pieces you read and post here to pass it as your own. The truth you don't have single original thought. all this crap you do when you post videos of super old fighters like you were ringside when it happened doesn't impress anybody, just makes you look like an idiot desperate for attention, always acting like you're the last hardcore boxing fan here and were all just casuals. who tf you think youre talking to? ph and that schtick you do ....you know mr boxing that hates mma. anybody can do a youtube search for any boxer that ever lived and act like fucken Bert sugar lol. big deal.

ok Mex you win Im a casual and youre walking and talking boxing encyclopedia. Yaayy:clapping:

happy now:taunty:

5. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

nah, I'm just clout chasing you.

i'm new media.

6. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I follow around 900 people on Twitter and I only follow one professional boxer. That's Sulem Urbina. I follow a handful of retired fighters, a couple of trainers and a few writers and podcasters.

7. Remus

Remus Member

all officials are american. interesting.

8. Remus

Remus Member

fury looks very big and strong. wilder looks like a LHW in comparison.
    i think fury's in his head at the moment.
    mental warfare fury is in front...he looks fearless and angry.

i am looking forward to seeing this go down.

Michael Matos likes this.
  9. Remus

Remus Member

wilder looks like he has alot of nervous energy to me.
    i hope im totally wrong but i dont like how deontay has been looking.
    i agree with what fury was saying...deontay is just talking absolute nonsense.

10. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

It's called ebonics

11. Remus

Remus Member

well sorta kinda. i understand the words, it just makes no damn sense. verbal diarrhea.

12. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

My quick analysis of the fight. Fury definitely has the skill set to box his way to a decision victory, in fact box his way to an easy decision victory. The major wrench in the works to that no brainer is Wilder's punching power and to be more specific Fury's chin which in my opinion is suspect.

Wilder only found his chin twice in the first fight and decked him both times. 200 pound Stevie Cunningham dropped Fury. Otto Wallin in Fury's last fight gave him the wobbles and if somebody compiles a list of the greatest heavyweight punchers of this era Cunningham and Wallin aren't going to be on the list. So I have my doubts if Fury will be able to stand up to more than a couple of Wilder belts to the chin.

Fury has great recuperative ability but those knockdown in the first fight cost him dearly, 4 points dearly. It boils down to this. Fury literally has to fight the perfect fight to win. Wilder doesn't and that's a big advantage. Wilder is going to find Fury's chin at some point and unless Fury is pitching a shutout it's going to cost Fury the victory.

Intangibles: Wilder expecting to come in about 15 pounds heavier than the first fight. I definitely felt he was too light at 212 for the first fight. All American judges is an interesting twist because they are notorious for not noting the difference between aggression and effective aggression and if Wilder lands some punches in rounds that cause Fury to go on the back foot or take some other evasive action then two of those judges are going to give Wilder the round even if he gets outlanded by a noticeable margin.

El Profesor and Remus like this.
  13. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

That's a pretty accurate analysis. I agree Fury just can't get caught. We saw Ortiz win every round only to get caught late. I see the same story here. God this has to be the worst he division I've ever seen. As far as talent I mean.

14. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I'm not sure he's ever made sense to me. He's always going on some crazy rant. Like the time he said he wanted a body on his record, or the time he went off on a boxing reporter. He's in my opinion mentally unstable. Check out this video.

15. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

You guys want to see a good fighter, watch Emmanuel navarrete on the undercard. Well, all of you except kinich. He weighs less than his wife so he surely can't be a good fighter.

El Profesor and Michael Matos like this.
  16. Greenstone

Greenstone Member

Funny you posted that because I just watched that about 20 minutes ago on YouTube.

17. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Great minds think alike:mexsmiley:

18. Remus

Remus Member

Yeah I just caught the podcast too lol
    Raheem has a great perspective of that moment, really interesting talk.

19. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Fools seldom differ.