Random Boxing Discussion

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by sanchito, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I don't think so. I think Crawford takes the first fight easily lol. The 2nd fight goes to McGregor. I enjoy events like this but mma and boxers need to stick to their sports.

According to Dana Masvidal vs Usman is set for July. Masvidal is exciting but Usman is a whole different animal. If you're planning on buying Masvidal next fight I recommend you watch Usman vs Covington. Non stop brawl.

2. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Mma needs to stay away from boxing and vice versa.

Remus and Michael Matos like this.
  3. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Yup but It's a spectacle. There have been a few boxers who have done well in MMA. Ray Mercer knocked out UFC hw champ Tim Silvia. Holy Holm former champion was a very good pro boxer. But over all yes I agree it's a money grab for mma fighters who make peanuts compared to elite level boxers. Now every mma guy wants that McGregor type money.

4. Remus

Remus Member

I did watch some masvidal fights. Thing is I don’t like mma by and large. A lot of the characters are great though.

5. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

At 11:38, Sanchez slips and azumah catches him flush on the chin and sal didn't even flinch. Today's jokers would milk it and take the title via DQ. Anyway, check out the highlights for old times sake. Warriors! No ref was needed.

6. Remus

Remus Member

prime azumah was beautiful to watch

7. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Older azumah, too.

8. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Frazier-Quarry II. At 15:23 Quarry hits Frazier low, Frazier walks it off for a few seconds, Quarry apologizes and fight resumes and Frazier drills Quarry low with the first punch and ..............nothing, just kept fighting.

9. Remus

Remus Member

rumor has it that fury may come in at 270. dont know if i believe that. i suspect he'll be around 250.

10. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Remus have you Tszyu's kid fight? Looks like he is fighting Jeff Horn in late April I think.

11. Remus

Remus Member

Yeh seen him a few times. Tim is pretty good. Horn will be a good test of his toughness

12. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

It cracks me up to see the children of legends follow in their famous father's foot steps. For some reason they're never as good. Maybe they have more of their mothers genes? If you're born with a silver spoon it doesn't make you very tough? Who knows why. But I've seen many come and go.

Chavez Jr.
    Camacho Jr.
    Eubank's kid
    Evanders kid
    Tyson's kid

It's ridiculous lol

13. Remus

Remus Member

So I’ve been keeping an eye on wilder in the lead up to the fight and to me, he looks different. He looks low energy, unhappy and tired.

Here is an example.

And it’s not just this one. In the pre fight specials he talks about media commitments and how busy he is. Now, I don’t know if he’s just really focused, serious and quiet or if he’s genuinely fatigued. We shall soon see. But he’s definitely not looking as energizer bunny high energy to me.

14. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

The media commitments for this fight are extraordinary. Wilder did an interview with our local Fox affiliate last week and that's unheard of and I'm guessing it's extremely tiring when you have to answer questions from people who are used to talking about broken water mains and school bus shortages. The fact that it is a dual promotion between Fox and ESPN/ABC makes it twice as tedious.

15. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

In other news Caleb Plant turned down a multi million dollar deal to fight Canelo. His excuse was he did not want to be "overworked". The fight would be in May. So he would've only had 1 month and a half to rest...to start camp back up again. They sure don't make champs like they used to when they fought 3 o 4 times a year in 15 Rd fights.

16. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I'm glad he did because that would be a mismatch of epic proportions.

17. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

hmmm, that's about the same time they gave kovalev to prepare for his last fight with freckles and besides the bullshit fake knockout, we know how that well that worked out for him, don't we?

david benavides is well rested. where's his contract?

18. Remus

Remus Member

good point. i hadn't thought of that.
    almost no one picking wilder. its interesting. little david haye is one of the only ones.

19. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Ok so which excuse are you going with. Not enough rest? Or a fake knockout? You can't have both because they're mutually exclusive. Lol

You've really turned into a whinny little bitch in your old age.

20. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Caleb Plant is a champion. He is a solid fighter. Charlo also turned down a fight with Canelo last year. All these undefeated young champions are so afraid to lose that O.

Say what you want about mma but at least it's not over if they lose a fight or two aslong as they put forth a good efforts fans respect that. You live to see another day. The sport is more forgiving than boxing.