Random Boxing Discussion

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by sanchito, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Remus

Remus Member

hes an american with a proud mexican heritage. be proud of that, why tear it down ?

mex fighter likes this.
  2. Remus

Remus Member

feels good to be engaged with HW's again.
    haven't felt even remotely interested since Tyson/ LL/ Holy/ Bowe etc.
    thats a long, long time.

mex fighter likes this.
  3. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I don't remember when I gave a shit about the heavies, either.

4. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

What excites you about it? I honestly think Wilder is overrated. His power is above average but you have to look at the opposition. Ortiz was a 40 year old contender. Has wilder knocked out a legit hw with a chin? GGG at one time was considered the most devastating puncher but as soon as he stepped up in competition the kos stopped. Wilder is a disaster waiting to happen. His wide telegraphed wind mill punches are just begging for someone to counter. Ortiz just didn't have enough pop but was exposing his technical deficiencies. The problem is I'm not sure there's anyone out there to do it.

5. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

what excites you about two guys in thongs 69ing?

6. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

This not an mma vs boxing debate. Im just sayimg with he kind of HWs we have...Ruiz, Wilder, Fury, Joshua. Can you honestly say this is a talent rich division. What am I missing because I got to tell you IM NOT EXCITED!

7. Remus

Remus Member

what excites me is that there are dudes there that can beat eachother and there's a variety of characters and styles that could make for very interesting fights. what excites me with a guy like wilder is that at any moment the fight can be over. literally, at any moment from anywhere. thats engaging to me about the HW division. i wanna see power.

some thoughts about wilder...

how is he overrated ? by what measure ? i dont see anyone talking about him like hes the equivalent of tyson or spinks. if they are, they are delusional.

as for his power...i haven't seen power like his since mike. above average ? you must be kidding me. thats just pure nonsense. i think he may actually have more genuine power than mike actually. why do i say that ? hes knocking dudes out with short right hands and crosses with almost no technique. its pure power. the ortiz fight, there's great timing for sure but its almsot all arm. a bit of foot pivot and twist but otherwise all arm. almsot zero trunk rotation. doesn't sit on the punch like mike did and hes putting dudes to sleep. if he ever matures into a fighter that can genuinely throw them with purer technique it will be even more terrifying.

if stiverne 2, ortiz 1, brezeale doesnt make you smile and go WTF when the shots land then i dunno bro...stay sour. im enjoying the show while it lasts. i love the fact that he puts his heart and soul into it.

8. Remus

Remus Member

bro...you're super hyped and excited about canelo. honestly...what can i say. lol

to me its ho-hum watching him. the thing i'm interested in with canelo is purely historical and mathematical....what hes doing is rare, but its not exciting to me. just like floyd wasn't exciting. sometimes great feats aren't exciting and exciting feats aren't great. i prefer reading about canelo and the great things he could do. but i prefer watching widler and the exciting things he already does.

9. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

something that excites me is that in over 120 year of boxing, there hasn't been a CHICANO heavyweight champion. he didn't fluke his way to those belts, he knocked the champ down 4 times. never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd live to see an actual CHICANO heavyweight champ.

so I'm going to follow him until he retires and get excited about watching him fight whenever he does because he's the ultimate true life rocky balboa.

Remus likes this.
  10. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Sounds like you think he can win the rematch lol. Its nice to believe in something. I remember when I believed in Santa Claus. Yeah good luck with that.:rotfl:

11. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

even if he loses, he accomplished the impossible. that's why boxing fucking rules.

12. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I'm superhyped about boxing general. Canelo happens to be one of the guys I watch. You do realize Canelo is only 29 and just entering his prime. You talk about Canelo as if he's at the end of his career and his story is already written. He can still go on to do great things and make some exciting fights. I admit some of his fights lately have been more tactical than exciting. Even his last fight was a little on the boring side up until the knockout. But if we can see him against Adrade or Charlo at 160. Saunders or Smith @ 168 we are in for some good fights.

13. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Nobody cares about the buster douglas of the world. In boxing is all about what youve done lately.

14. Remus

Remus Member

don’t know what you’re talking about, I specifically said “the great thing he COULD do.” But that greatness to this point is not engaging to me at all. Just like Floyd wasn’t engaging.

I don’t know who else you excited about. You only ever seem to reference him. Even if it’s not about him, you make it about him. You put shit on lomanchenko who is a generational great fighter from a skill perspective.

15. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

yeah, like weight draining your opponents, fighting Mathew hatton for the 154 title even though hatton had never fought abouve 140, fighting amir khan at 155 even though he was a super lightweight, fighting something called Rocky fielding to win a bullshit title at 168, fighting kovalev after his grueling war 2 months before and only giving him 1 week to rest.

if that's the shit you've done lately, I want no part of it, either. suit yourself, pal.

16. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

lets not forget he rather throw his wbc title in the trash instead of fighting GGG to unify because "they can't tell me what todo" even though he was the mandatory and canelo gladly fought for the wbc title against cotto at 160....lmfao

17. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Im sorry I thought I was posting in the Canelo vs Kovalev thread. You posted something about Canelo being a very good not a great fighter. Thats what I meant. As for Lomachenko. He's a special fighter. I'm a little hesitant to speak on how great a guy with only 14 fights actually is. I'd like to see a little more longevity and a heavier resume before I give my opinion on him. Maybe time will prove me wrong about loma, ruiz and wilder but as of right now I'm on the fence with these guys.

18. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Im not tearing it just putting things into prespective. Hes not the first Mexican world hw champion.

19. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Ok just watched mma guy give some great arguments on how good of a puncher Wilder is. I'm sold.

20. Remus

Remus Member

Broken link