Random Boxing Discussion

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by sanchito, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Maybe youre one of the only Aussie/Greek guy that doesnt root for their own. But history has shown that in boxing people get behind their own. Generally speaking that is a fact. Now there are fighters like Ali, Tyson and Pacquio that transcend color and nationality. I'm a big Tyson fan always have been and also a big Jordan fan like you. But i'm talking Irish fans turning Las Vegas into a St. Patricks parade for Mcgregor fights. I'm talking Chavez filling the arena with Mexican fans back in the 80s. And Italian Americans getting behind Messi, Gatti, Marciano and to a lesser degree Paulie Malinaggi. Or how about all the polish fans showing up at Golotas fight starting riots? O brazilian fans at Freitas Popo's fights? All the brothas on the money team? White people supporting Jerry Cooney? The great white hope. Movies made about this phenomenom cant be lies.

2. Greenstone

Greenstone Member

It's a fact some people do cheer for their nationality and some also for their race but most just like a fighter for their abilities or personality. Obviously I supported Tua not because I'm his race but because he's a NZer and was doing well. Personally I never cheer for a person just because of their race. It's either a patriotic thing with a few disclaimers or it's just who excites me the most.

3. Remus

Remus Member

I don’t think you’re getting what I’m saying. I agree that I cheer for my own. The question here is, what do I consider to be my own ? What I say to you is that I don’t identify a white person as one my own. I consider a Greek or Australian person one of my own. Skin color has nothing to do with it.

All you’re examples are of this type. Mexicans cheering Chavez, Irish cheering mcgregor. That’s a nationality thing, not a skin color thing. f you’re a white dude from Finland I don’t identify with you at all.

4. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Thats like kinich cheering for an el salvadoran or guatemalan.

5. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Ok I see your point. I think Klitscho is a perfect example what youre talking about. Big strong white hw champ that reigned for years but never became a household name. Because he was Ukranian/German.

6. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Sure I root for my own nationality even though it's been almost thirty years since a Bermudian fighter was on the world Boxing stage. Even for a Caribbean perspective one of your own was a big fight. Claude Noel was a lightweight champion for a time and he was from Trinidad and Tobago and his title fights in the late 70's and early 80's were big back home, same with Julian Jackson from the Virgin Islands. Last night on the undercard of Spence Jr. vs Porter card was a white fighter from Michigan I think named Joey Spencer and Fox/PBC is pushing him hard and he has a good punch but there is a big part of me that says he's getting pushed because he is white.

7. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Did you notice how PBC acted like Crawford didnt exist? They said Thurman, Spence, Garcia and Porter were the best 4 welters. And now they are pushing Garcia vs Spence next. The guy Porter already beat. Does that make sense? Everyone wants too see Crawford vs Spence but he was never mentioned once.

8. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Primero muerto que irle a un cerote o chepin.

9. Remus

Remus Member

i wonder if thats just part of the game they playing though. they trying to isolate crawford so he bites at a smaller payday

10. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

see, but they're brown like you so you should root for them, like you claim whites root for whites because they're white.

oh, and its chapin, not chepin.

11. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Boxing is so disgusting. What a robbery...GGG got a huge gift decision. Im not sure how these crooks can call themselves judges. Boxing is no longer a sport. Its as fixed as the professional wrestling. GGG just signed a big multi fight contract with dazn its in their best intrest to keep him winning. Even the announcers kept saying "oh these are very close rounds Id hate to be the judges for this" I'm sitting there thinking no theyre not close rounds GGG is getting out hussled, hes getting his ass kicked. Oh and btw that so called knock down in rd 1 was a slip. The guy was ducking a punch and lost his balance. Im so pissed and dissappointed.

12. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Lets all switch over to mma, then!!!

13. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Did you watch the fight?

14. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Yeah thats what i though...quick do a youtube search for the highlights so you can give your opinion. :mexsmiley:

15. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Golovkin won the fight. Because of the knockdown Golovkin only had to win six rounds to win the fight. He won six rounds.

16. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Which rounds did you score for GGG?

All I saw was Sergey going to the body, landing power shots, making GGG miss, spinning away and countering. For the first time I saw GGG hurt with that liver shot. Not like that bs knockdown in rd 1.

17. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Btw Matos I respect your opinion when it comes to boxing unlike the troll that only comes here to make stupid comments... you actually do a good job at breaking down fights. But on this fight you are way off. I watched the fight from rd 1 to 12. I came in here as soon as they announced the decision to give me reaction. I didn't go to other websites to read the judges score cards or read other peoples opinions on the fight like you and mex did. So you and Mex can try to play this contrarian game with me all you want... but go on the internet. 99.9% of the people agree with me and are calling it a robbery.

18. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I have dazn. I watched it. I'm not mad like you. I don't care enough to be mad.

19. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Besides, i said lets go to mma. Thought you'd be happy.

20. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

See thats the problem this happens way too often we're so used to robberies it's no big deal. You know it all comes down to money right? Hundreds of millions of dollars at stake. Once Canelo beats Kovalev they want the GGG trilogy. Its all fixed from the judges, to the ref, to the bias commentators spinning the fight in favor of GGG when hes clearly getting his asskicked.