Random Boxing Discussion

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by sanchito, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Funny you forgot to mention Loma had a 395-1 amateur fight record and a won a gold medal and might I add he wasn't some young green kid. He was 25 YEARS OLD when he fought Salido. Salido was semi retired working as a uber driver. Two can play that game. :taunty:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  2. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

You have Tyson Fury but not Canelo? Youre full of shit.

3. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

4. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Yep, sure do. Canela lost twice to ggg and beat mostly trash for titles. His only legit win was vs trout and that was a stinker.

5. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

You said it....amateur. thats like bringing up a champion college baseball team to play the yankees. No more headgear, no more aluminum bats.

No more 4 rounders, no more 89 mph fastballs.

Different leagues, junior.

6. Remus

Remus Member

allow me to adjust for your poor comprehension skills as i do accept english isnt your first language.

firstly...he cant get the fights he needs...ie: there's very few people he can fight that are going to elevate his achievements. he doesn't have a crawford anywhere near him. he doesn't even have an alvarez like finito had. i didnt say anyone was ducking him. i said those fighters dont exist.

secondly...the guys he does fight, alot of times he doesnt execute as well as he could do to blow them away. sometimes he looks like the matrix, sometimes he looks like he wins a slog. not enuf to propel him to greater heights.

what im essentially saying is that lomo will come and go and i dont know we'll ever be able to judge how good he could have been cos the opportunities he has available to him are just not there to prove it.

as for salido. i assume you didnt watch it or dont know much about it. the weigh in. the fight night weights. the low blows etc. that wiley old veteran did his job perfectly. outfoxing a very naive lomo.

as for his place in he fighting world. ive not seen a fighter move like he does since i dont even know when. that lateral hop and jump repositioning he does. it rewrites the technique book. i dont remember anyone ever doing it like he does.

Michael Matos likes this.
  7. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Loma said that he told his dad he wanted to be a boxer as a kid. His dad said ok, but you have to learn to dance first.

He put him in ballet classes for 3 years before letting him box. Probably where he gets his great footwork from.

8. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

English is not my first language and neither is yours wog boy:taunty: jk....

Naw its cool I just get annoyed with people saying he's #1 because of the way he moves in the ring. I get it he looks amazing like something out of the matrix. But I think his resume is a little light with just 15 fights. The problem with this guy is his size and age. I heard he struggled againts campbell and if he moves up in weight with his short stature its only going to get harder. Manny Paquio would knock him out at 147.

Remus likes this.
  9. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

147...lol

I think caleb plant knocks him out at 168.

10. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Manny Pacquio is a small welter really a 140 pounder. Look what he did to hatton. Manny Knocks out anybody below 147. Hes only 5"4. Youre an idiot for even bringing up Caleb Plant. Loma and Manny are about the same size. The diffrence is Manny punches like a Jr. Middle weight. I would put Manny in the top p4p list before Id put Loma. 8 division champ, just beat a young undefeated welter weight champ in thurman. Manny puts Loma in a coma.

11. Remus

Remus Member

it’s just too hard to judge his capability. That’s my point.
    I’ll tell you one thing though, I see him doing things I’ve never seen before.

I remember seeing morales’ right hand fake for the first time. That way he half pumps it, pulls back and then throws it. He counterlevers it with his left. I love that shit. It’s stuff that is beautiful to see cos no one does it quite like that. It’s the only reason I like watching Deontay Wilder highlights. The way he throws those punches...the torque he generates. It’s so cool to see different stuff. The way kostya T moved his feet to close the ring. I love that shit.

I’m not saying any of those guys are the greatest of all time. Not even close. But there are parts of their game I just love cos they perfect it or it’s different. Where lomo is different to the others I mentioned is that no one I’ve ever seen does that shit. He’s not just doing it better or different, he’s rewriting the rules of aggressive evasion. It’s like he fuckin teleports man.

12. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Yeah he does have some really fancy moves. But I wonder how those fancy moves will work for him as he steps up in weight. When he doesnt have the size advantage like he did against Rigondeux(arguably the best win on his resume). When he faces a guy with lightning fast hands and footwork like Crawford or Pacquio. He has a stocky frame so its only a matter of time before hes forced to move up in weight. It should be interesting.

13. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I saw him fight at National Harbor against Jason Sosa and I wrote about it here and I came away saying that he was very good but I didn't see him as the best thing since sliced bread that a lot of people were saying. He has improved since then but he's not in the sliced bread category by any means. Very good fighter.

14. Remus

Remus Member

regrettably we'll never know.

15. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Reason #1 why Canelo is #1...

Amir Khan vs Marco Barrera:crying:

Canelo says... youre welcome Marco

16. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

khan 140.....freckles 160

yep, that same freckles who got in a street fight with 108 lber archie solis.

17. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Payback is a bitch....Like Khan acting like Ali against little Barrera. I enjoyed seeing Canelo avenge his fellow country man Marco. Its a mexican thing. You aint Mexican ESE.

18. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

he didn't avenge shit. no one asked him to.

also, you make it seem as if barrera was slaughtered by khan. did you see the fight? did you happen to catch khan have his legs wobble more than once?

oh, and I have a little ID card that says I am Mexican. thank god I've lost weight since then because I was becoming a porker. still cute, though.

19. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

A strong gust of wind can make Khans legs wobble lol. Gtfo.

20. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

And so could a featherweight....barrera.