PRESSURE Roy???...a PERILOUS Predicament....

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by REEDbtwntheLINES, Sep 9, 2002.

  1. "Who is the MAN,w/the Boxing World Up N his HAND"...ROY!!!...

    "Who is the MAN,Giving Shout Outs when N Merchant LAND"...ROY!!...

    As if the SHAFT Styled Entrance Wasn't DOPE Enough...As if the Thick Legged,Daisy Duke Wearing,Honey's Weren't FINE Enough...

    As if the LEVITATION of Our Pugilistic LORD & SAVIOR Wasn't RIGHTEOUS Enough!!!...

    "& STILL"!!!...BOXING Fans Got a BONUS...

    Exhibit A:What Happens when U PRESSURE Roy Jones...

    4 Years & Years,REED has KNOWN What Happens 2 Cats Who BRING The Fight 2 Roy...RJ "EATS Them the Phuck UP"...

    Since B 4 the Merqui Sosa Fight,Roy has Made MINCE MEAT Out of Fighters Who Applied Constant PRESSURE...

    Ya'll Must've 4-Got!!!...& Apparently,so Did HBO...They Seemed SURPRISED by What Occurred During Last Nights Fight...

    MOST of Roy's CLINICS on CutThroat Counter Punching have Been Televised on HBO...

    As was the Case w/the GAME Clinton Woods,ALL Others who DARED 2 Fight Roy Jones N that Manner,had ALL the "Fight" Beaten OUT of Them,or Were KO'ed...

    Roy is Sooooooo Phucking VERSATILE it's AMAZING...2 B Able 2 WHIP ANY Man,ANY Way U WANT or NEED 2,is AWE Inspiring...

    NEVER,Has a Prizefighters GOD Given Boxing Talents Been Soooooooooo OBVIOUS...NEVER,has GOD Blessed a Prizefighter w/Sooooo Many GIFTS...

    Ya'll Better WAKE the PHUCK Up,Cause Roy Jones Won't B Around MUCH LOnger...His IS a 1nce N a LIFETIME Type of Talent...

    REED has Been FRANTICALLY Searching 4 ALL the Video Taped PERFORMANCES that he Can Find...

    Pick ya Poison,Prizefighters...If U Dictate the TERMS of ENGAGEMENT,U're Getting TAKEN OUT...

    If U Wanna Last a Few Rounds,FORCE Roy N 2 LEADING...Either Way,ya A$$ is GRASS,& Roy's GONNA Get'Cha...

    Props 2 Clinton Woods...Yet ANOTHER Example of Cat that HBO & Boxing Fans SWORE Was a "BUM",Only 2 B EATING Those Words,AFTER the Fact(Telesco,Hall,Lucas,Harding,etc.)...

    REED FULLY Expects 2 C Clinton Woods "N the Mix" @ 175,4 the Next Few Years...

    He Just WASN'T Good Enough 2 Get w/Roy Jones...Woods Gave it his BEST...He LITERALLY JUMPED N 2 the Fire...

    But Dat A$$ Got BURNED...

    NOW U C WHY Bernard Hopkins Fought TENTATIVELY vs Roy...Ditto 4 James Toney,Lou Del Valle,Reggie Johnson,Telesco & Harding...

    "Don't HATE the PLAYA,HATE the GAME"-George Foreman...


    REED [​IMG]
     
  2. The Hitman

    The Hitman Hitman

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by REED:
    "Who is the MAN,w/the Boxing World Up N his HAND"...ROY!!!...

    "Who is the MAN,Giving Shout Outs when N Merchant LAND"...ROY!!...

    As was the Case w/the GAME Clinton Woods,ALL Others who DARED 2 Fight Roy Jones N that Manner,had ALL the "Fight" Beaten OUT of Them,or Were KO'ed...

    REED [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

    Who is the man participating in one of the worst mismatches of the year..... ROY

    Why is it not THE worst mismatch of the year?........ROY tops that off with his other mismatch against Glenn Kelley.

    Who writes letters to the IBF telling them Antonio Tarver is not a worthy contender yet goes on to fight these WORTHLESS "#1 contenders" who have done even less to deserve a title shot?.....Oh ROY again.

    I see, Reed, that you call Woods GAME, but you don't call him deserving or talented or even good.

    Now I didnt see the fight..... if i want to see Jones fight a bum i have plenty of other gross mismatches that i could pop into the vcr with roy jones involved. I am sure it was a great performacne.... i think i predicted an 8 round KO with roy winning every round- and by reading the stuff on here and at fightnews it seems thats how it went down- just 2 rounds earlier.

    I'll say it again, Roy Jones is a great talent.... a great athlete, potential to be one of the best boxers ever..... but he disgraces our sport by bending over backwards to accomodate the corrupt sanctioning bodies and participating in some of the worst mismatches of the 90's and 00's (otis grant, frazier, paz, kelley, woods). That is the main reason i dislike jones.... he says he wants to help out the sport- he was present at the government hearing (with McCain and other senators) about Boxing reform yet he totally contradicts his sentiments of wanting to improve boxing by supporting the organizations 100%.

    Hopefully Tarver is next.... he earned his shot and i will watch that one. But Reed, seriously keep your [​IMG] "roy worshipping" in perspective.

    Hitman
     
  3. Valdosta

    Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

    LOL!! REED is trying to hype Woods after only having seen him from Jones?? I have seen a few of his fights and he's not that good. He will run back to Britain now and never be heard from again.
     
  4. Floom

    Floom Member

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hitman:


    Who writes letters to the IBF telling them Antonio Tarver is not a worthy contender yet goes on to fight these WORTHLESS "#1 contenders" who have done even less to deserve a title shot?.....Oh ROY again.
    <hr></blockquote>

    Let me expand on this. Not only did Roy write the letter, HE is also the reason why Tarver had to fight Harding the first time around. I really didn't pay any mind to this until ROY opened his mouth after fighting Woods. He said that he was mad when Tarver lost to Harding and was ready to fight him then. IF Roy was ready to fight Tarver then, why did he make him fight an eliminator with Harding? I also just find it convienient that ROY wants to fight RUIZ when TARVER is his next mandatory.

    REED, I want you to respond to this.
     
  5. <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hitman:


    Who is the man participating in one of the worst mismatches of the year..... ROY

    Why is it not THE worst mismatch of the year?........ROY tops that off with his other mismatch against Glenn Kelley.

    Who writes letters to the IBF telling them Antonio Tarver is not a worthy contender yet goes on to fight these WORTHLESS "#1 contenders" who have done even less to deserve a title shot?.....Oh ROY again.

    I see, Reed, that you call Woods GAME, but you don't call him deserving or talented or even good.

    Now I didnt see the fight..... if i want to see Jones fight a bum i have plenty of other gross mismatches that i could pop into the vcr with roy jones involved. I am sure it was a great performacne.... i think i predicted an 8 round KO with roy winning every round- and by reading the stuff on here and at fightnews it seems thats how it went down- just 2 rounds earlier.

    I'll say it again, Roy Jones is a great talent.... a great athlete, potential to be one of the best boxers ever..... but he disgraces our sport by bending over backwards to accomodate the corrupt sanctioning bodies and participating in some of the worst mismatches of the 90's and 00's (otis grant, frazier, paz, kelley, woods). That is the main reason i dislike jones.... he says he wants to help out the sport- he was present at the government hearing (with McCain and other senators) about Boxing reform yet he totally contradicts his sentiments of wanting to improve boxing by supporting the organizations 100%.

    Hopefully Tarver is next.... he earned his shot and i will watch that one. But Reed, seriously keep your [​IMG] "roy worshipping" in perspective.

    Hitman
    <hr></blockquote>

    The IBF Received a Letter on Roy's BEHALF...Not PERSONALLY WRITTEN by Roy Jones...

    The Reason 4 That Letter is Simple...Roy is CONTRACTED 2 Fight "X" Amount of PPV's Per Year...@ the Time,Roy was Thinking of the Best Way 2 BUILD a PPV Fight...

    2 This Very Day,Roy is N the Whole on PPV's that he Owes HBO...

    Tarver & Harding were the 2 Top IBF Dogs...Beating Harding Would have Gotten Tarver the Title Shot that Harding Ended Up w/,ON PPV...

    Harding Did NOT Have 2 Face ANYONE Else,But Roy,After he Beat Tarver,so it Stands 2 Reason that Tarver Would have IMMEDIATELY Gotten his Shot,had he Won...

    Given That,the Insinuation that Roy SOMEHOW "Ducked" Antonio Tarver is LUDACRIS...

    REED Used the Same Adjectives that he Would Use 2 Describe RUDY,N Reference 2 Clinton Woods..."GAME"...Woods is Basically a Light Heavyweight RUDY,w/Out as Many Marquee Fights...REED Thinks Woods Will B "N the Mix" @ 175 4 a Few Years...NEITHER Woods,NOR RUDY is Anything 2 Write Home About,But BOTH Give it Their All...

    It's Funny 2 REED that RUDY Get's Lauded w/Praise,but When Roy Fights a Cat of Comparable Quality,it's Frowned Upon...

    REED's "Roy Worshipping" IS N Perspective...He's the BEST Fighter N the World & REED Treats him Accordingly...

    REED [​IMG]
     
  6. <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Valdosta:
    LOL!! REED is trying to hype Woods after only having seen him from Jones?? I have seen a few of his fights and he's not that good. He will run back to Britain now and never be heard from again.<hr></blockquote>

    REED Read the Thread About Woods Where U Gave your Opinion...REED Also Recalls SAHAPHROM Back Pedaling on an Issue or 2,N Regards 2 HOW Good Woods Is...

    REED Ain't Hyping Woods...REED is Just Saying he WOULDN'T B Surprised 2 C Woods Garner a Meaningful Win or 2,N the Future...

    NOONE Else is Gonna WHIP Woods LIKE Roy Did...

    REED [​IMG]
     
  7. <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by The Most High:


    Let me expand on this. Not only did Roy write the letter, HE is also the reason why Tarver had to fight Harding the first time around. I really didn't pay any mind to this until ROY opened his mouth after fighting Woods. He said that he was mad when Tarver lost to Harding and was ready to fight him then. IF Roy was ready to fight Tarver then, why did he make him fight an eliminator with Harding? I also just find it convienient that ROY wants to fight RUIZ when TARVER is his next mandatory.

    REED, I want you to respond to this.
    <hr></blockquote>

    REED just Explained this 2 HITMAN...

    REED that Response,2 Answer the 1st Portion of your Post...

    Don't Even Sit Here & Tell REED that U Would Have a Problem w/Roy Facing louise Instead of Tarver...CLEARLY,louise Presents MORE of a Challenge...

    REED [​IMG]
     
  8. Valdosta

    Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by REED:


    REED Read the Thread About Woods Where U Gave your Opinion...REED Also Recalls SAHAPHROM Back Pedaling on an Issue or 2,N Regards 2 HOW Good Woods Is...

    REED Ain't Hyping Woods...REED is Just Saying he WOULDN'T B Surprised 2 C Woods Garner a Meaningful Win or 2,N the Future...

    NOONE Else is Gonna WHIP Woods LIKE Roy Did...

    REED [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

    Nobody will whip Woods like Roy because Woods will go back to fighting domestic stiffs. Considering DAVID STARIE beat Woods 9-3 on my scorecard (the judges had it similiar) I don't think it's that big of a deal to beat Woods. Fact is, even before Woods fought Roy he had lost to the best fighter he had ever faced in a pretty non competitive fight.
     
  9. Mark G

    Mark G Member

    I knew this would happen...as soon as Jones finished with Woods, the dawg clique would try to hype Woods as a good opponent...I do give Wood credit for having heart though. I liked his will, but he was overmatched.
     
  10. Valdosta

    Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by REED:


    REED Read the Thread About Woods Where U Gave your Opinion...REED Also Recalls SAHAPHROM Back Pedaling on an Issue or 2,N Regards 2 HOW Good Woods Is...

    REED Ain't Hyping Woods...REED is Just Saying he WOULDN'T B Surprised 2 C Woods Garner a Meaningful Win or 2,N the Future...

    NOONE Else is Gonna WHIP Woods LIKE Roy Did...

    REED [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>


    I didn't backpedal on anything as far as Woods is concernd. I said I would pick fighters like Julian Letterlough to beat him and I stick by that. He took Roy's punch better than I thought he would but Roy isn't a 1 punch KO guy at 175 anyways. Woods is still crap in my eyes, he is better than Glen Kelly though lol
     
  11. Valdosta

    Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mark G:
    I knew this would happen...as soon as Jones finished with Woods, the dawg clique would try to hype Woods as a good opponent...I do give Wood credit for having heart though. I liked his will, but he was overmatched.<hr></blockquote>

    Ridiculous isn't it :rolleyes:
     
  12. <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Valdosta:


    Ridiculous isn't it :rolleyes:
    <hr></blockquote>

    NO,What's RIDICULOUS is the PREVALENT Opinion,Around Here,that Roy has NEVER Fought Anybody...

    That Gem is Courtesy of the GAYtorade Clique

    :D


    REED [​IMG]
     
  13. neil

    neil Guest

    When Roy feeds his nuthugger faction lies regarding possible fights against Heavyweights these gullible fellows buy into it hook line and sinker. Roy will not fight Ruiz, Im guessing he will fight Tarver otherwise he will be criticized too heavily.

    PS Kordell Stewart is the most over rated athlete since Telesco, this guy SUCKS
     
  14. The Hitman

    The Hitman Hitman

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by REED:


    NO,What's RIDICULOUS is the PREVALENT Opinion,Around Here,that Roy has NEVER Fought Anybody...

    That Gem is Courtesy of the GAYtorade Clique

    :D


    REED [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>


    Just want to make things clear- I have never once stated that Roy "hasn't fought anybody" or "has fought ALL bums" or "nobodies". That is a position you need not defend, not to me at least. All i have said is that compared to the great fighters of the past, even most of the great fighters today.... Jones has mysteriously compiled a larger than normal list of top fighters that he has not fought in the ring.

    You can make up all your excuses, I'm sure you have them all written down for every single fighter that Jones didn't fight....... and of course Jones has never done anything wrong and has never once taken the path of least resistance and everyone on earth is scared to death of roy jones yea yea yea :rolleyes: . I'm sure.

    As for Woods, have you seen him fight other than against Jones? Here is one spectacular difference between Ward and Woods- um quite simply Ward has beaten a top 20 opponent. He has beaten a couple..... and Woods had beaten NO top 20 opponents and he lost to a barely top 20 fighter in probably the WEAKEST division in all of boxing (168- now that jones, eubank, benn, collins toney, etc. are gone). At least Ward has gone on this stretch of late where he is winning some and losing some- but pretty much always to top guys in one of boxing's strongest divisions.

    But again, i guess fighting the top guys isn't really all that important..... especially when the guy is Roy Jones.

    Hitman
     
  15. Valdosta

    Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hitman:



    Just want to make things clear- I have never once stated that Roy "hasn't fought anybody" or "has fought ALL bums" or "nobodies". That is a position you need not defend, not to me at least. All i have said is that compared to the great fighters of the past, even most of the great fighters today.... Jones has mysteriously compiled a larger than normal list of top fighters that he has not fought in the ring.

    You can make up all your excuses, I'm sure you have them all written down for every single fighter that Jones didn't fight....... and of course Jones has never done anything wrong and has never once taken the path of least resistance and everyone on earth is scared to death of roy jones yea yea yea :rolleyes: . I'm sure.

    As for Woods, have you seen him fight other than against Jones? Here is one spectacular difference between Ward and Woods- um quite simply Ward has beaten a top 20 opponent. He has beaten a couple..... and Woods had beaten NO top 20 opponents and he lost to a barely top 20 fighter in probably the WEAKEST division in all of boxing (168- now that jones, eubank, benn, collins toney, etc. are gone). At least Ward has gone on this stretch of late where he is winning some and losing some- but pretty much always to top guys in one of boxing's strongest divisions.

    But again, i guess fighting the top guys isn't really all that important..... especially when the guy is Roy Jones.

    Hitman
    <hr></blockquote>

    The only thing Woods and Ward have in common is that they are both white. After that the similarities end. Ward is a straight ahead brawler with an excellent chin and power to the body. Woods can box better but his chin and power are no were near Ward's in a pfp comparison.
     
  16. Punchy

    Punchy Pimp

    Yo Val, don't mean to be rude but did you get my private message? [​IMG]

    That pic rocks huh? :D
     
  17. neil

    neil Guest

    Why argue with this Reed charactor anyway. This thread right here proves to me that he's a blind nuthugger/Roy apologist.

    get a load of this shit:

    "The Reason 4 That Letter is Simple...Roy is CONTRACTED 2 Fight "X" Amount of PPV's Per Year...@ the Time,Roy was Thinking of the Best Way 2 BUILD a PPV Fight...

    2 This Very Day,Roy is N the Whole on PPV's that he Owes HBO...

    Tarver & Harding were the 2 Top IBF Dogs...Beating Harding Would have Gotten Tarver the Title Shot that Harding Ended Up w/,ON PPV...

    Harding Did NOT Have 2 Face ANYONE Else,But Roy,After he Beat Tarver,so it Stands 2 Reason that Tarver Would have IMMEDIATELY Gotten his Shot,had he Won..."

    I guess when there is a dangerous opponent out there for Roy who happens to be a mandatory, it then becomes the job of the sanctioning bodies to make the opponent more Marketable for PPV. what a fucking JOKE. Pathetic logic

    [ September 09, 2002: Message edited by: neil ]</p>
     
  18. <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hitman:



    Just want to make things clear- I have never once stated that Roy "hasn't fought anybody" or "has fought ALL bums" or "nobodies". That is a position you need not defend, not to me at least. All i have said is that compared to the great fighters of the past, even most of the great fighters today.... Jones has mysteriously compiled a larger than normal list of top fighters that he has not fought in the ring.

    You can make up all your excuses, I'm sure you have them all written down for every single fighter that Jones didn't fight....... and of course Jones has never done anything wrong and has never once taken the path of least resistance and everyone on earth is scared to death of roy jones yea yea yea :rolleyes: . I'm sure.

    As for Woods, have you seen him fight other than against Jones? Here is one spectacular difference between Ward and Woods- um quite simply Ward has beaten a top 20 opponent. He has beaten a couple..... and Woods had beaten NO top 20 opponents and he lost to a barely top 20 fighter in probably the WEAKEST division in all of boxing (168- now that jones, eubank, benn, collins toney, etc. are gone). At least Ward has gone on this stretch of late where he is winning some and losing some- but pretty much always to top guys in one of boxing's strongest divisions.

    But again, i guess fighting the top guys isn't really all that important..... especially when the guy is Roy Jones.

    Hitman
    <hr></blockquote>

    The Good Thing About FACTS is U Don't Have 2 "Write them Down"...They Stand on Their Own & R READILY Available 2 ALL...

    U Call Them "EXCUSES",Cause it Paints a Picture of Roy That U'd Rather NOT Deal w/...a Picture Painted by the Actions of Roy's Potential Opponents,@ 1 Time or Another(Benn,Collins,Liles,Hopkins,MichalSHITski),of DOCUMENTED Reluctance...

    REED Has NEVER Said that Roy has Done NOTHING Wrong...REED has Openly Criticized Roy 4 NOT Facing Buster Douglas...

    REED OPENLY Expressed Disappointment when it was Discovered that Roy WOULDN'T B Fighting Jirov,after Vassily's Repeated Concessions...

    Ward Is OLDER & Has Had MORE OPPORTUNITIES 2 Face Top 20 Opponents,than Clinton Woods...Like REED Said,he Expects Woods 2 B "N the Mix" @ 175...REED Ain't Saying he's a Future World Champion or that He'll Even WIN a Large # of Significant Fights...

    But MUCH Like Telesco & Hall,REED Thinks Woods CAN Establish Himself as a Solid Contender...REED Ain't Guaranteeing or Wagering,Just Making an Obversation...

    How N the Hell Can Light Heavy B the Worst Division,When 168 AND CRUSIER R Garbage???...Yet ANOTHER Blatant Generalization..."175 is the WORST Division N Boxing"...That's Just a Weak A$$ Attempt @ Belittling Roy Jones...

    What's So Special About 160???...Or Welter,Now that Sugar Shane is Moving Up???...Is 130 REALLY a Better Division than 175???...

    Ward has Looked Nearly as FEEBLE as Woods Did,vs Jones...Now Give Woods the Opportunity 2 Face Some Contenders @ 175...Who Know's???...

    REED [​IMG]
     
  19. Valdosta

    Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Punchy:
    Yo Val, don't mean to be rude but did you get my private message? [​IMG]

    That pic rocks huh? :D
    <hr></blockquote>

    Yes, I got it and posted it where hopefully Rebel will see it and change it. It's a good pic, I agree [​IMG]

    [ September 09, 2002: Message edited by: Valdosta ]</p>
     
  20. Punchy

    Punchy Pimp

    You like the pic? *Punchy gets a tear in his eye*... I'm so proud of you Valdosta my fellow Balboa fan! [​IMG] [​IMG]

    Thanks bro!
     

Share This Page