Personal favorites that never won a world title

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Rebel, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Rebel

Rebel Admin

I'm sure many of us have been fans of contenders and journeyman that never could rise to the occasion. The potential was there but something always held them back. Let's see your lists.

Here's mine:

1. Adan Vargas
    2. Jose Luis Lopez ( I don't count him as an ex-champ)
    3. Oleg Maskaev :D

2. Joonie73

Joonie73 Guest

Chung-Il Choi

3. The Hitman

The Hitman Hitman

fuck yea peep the sig Veerapol outclassed vargas what a performance [​IMG]

this is a tough fuckin question

i say armando muniz, earnie shavers and talmadge griffis

Hitman

4. Hawktime

Hawktime Guest

Howard Davis jr-great fighter to watch.The jim Watt fight was strange to say the least.

Kirkland Laing-tired old talent over dedication cliche times 10.If nothing else was always exciting to watch due to his laughably bad concentration.Suffered more one punch KOs after pitching shutouts than any other fighter in history.

5. Xplosive

Xplosive Member

Antwun Echols. If not for Hopkins, he could have possibly been THE MAN at 160.

6. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

azabache martinez

7. blackrican23

blackrican23 Resident B-Boy

Benard " BT Express" Taylor

Glenwood" Real Beast" Brown

Tracy Spann

Harold" The Shadow" Knight

John Wesley Meekins

8. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

don mattingly [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. The Hitman

The Hitman Hitman

harold knight is that the dude in Lennox Lewis' corner? you have any of his fights Rican? how good was he

Hitman

10. blackrican23

blackrican23 Resident B-Boy

yeah Hitman thats him with Lennox, one loss to Lockridge,forced to retire at 25 due to medical reasons( I believe it was an eye)

his fight with Kenny Baysmore was on ESPN , when he won the USBA belt, great fight would like to get a copy ,any of your sources might have it?

saw him live in 85 1 rd ko against some bum Eddie Miranda

11. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Harold Brazier

12. Tam-Tam

Tam-Tam Member

Charles Barkley

13. dmille

dmille Guest

About Maeskev - don't you have to get a title shot before you can win a title?

14. KoCav

KoCav Guest

A lot of people feel Brazier deserved the nod against Mayweather in their title fight.

Meekins got KO'd by Mohammed Kawoya and still won the fight.

Too bad for Harold Knight. He gave a good account against Lockridge in a very rugged fight.

15. Valentino

Valentino Member

Wilfredo Rivera and Howard Davis Jr.

16. MSteudle

MSteudle Guest

Joe Hutchinson

17. Lefthooker

Lefthooker Member

Tony Sibson
    Frank 'Animal' Fletcher

18. The Hitman

The Hitman Hitman

hmmm i shall check with my people and get back to your people regarding that brazier fight, Rican. :D

Hitman

19. TIP

TIP Member

The Meekins/Kawoya stoppage was a very unusal situation. Kowoya was getting pounded on the ropes and the ref stepped in and stopped the match. Just as he stopped it Kowoya landed a desperation haymaker that ko'd Meekins. I got that fight on tape.

Some of my favorites that never won a title are Spider Webb, Jerry Quarry, Gomeo Brennan, Wayne (thunder) Thornton, Gypsy Joe Harris, Stanley (kitten) Hayward, Manuel Gonzales, Big Red Lopez, Randy Shields, Yaqui Lopez, Frankie Baltazar, Edgar (mad dog) Ross, Terrance Ali. I could on because I had a lot of favorites but this is enough. TIP

20. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I remember watching one of the networks a summer or two ago, some hurricane was bearing down on the East Coast and they wee interviewing people preparing for the storm and one of the people they interviewed was Kitten Hayward.