Pacquiao vs. Bradley 2 on April 12 (HBO PPV)

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Rebel, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

Pacquiao won again 8-4 and this time they were nice enough to give him the decision.

2. Mexican Eagle

Mexican Eagle Member

He clearly won and was glad to see the judges got it right this time. Although I don't think we'll ever see the old Pacquio. He looked gun shy. There was a couple of times he had Bradley hurt but didn't finish him. The pre Juan Manuel Pac would have stopped Bradley. Or maybe Manny stopped juicing? What did you guys think?

Credit to Bradley, a courageous display going toe to toe with Manny. They say Manny lost his punching power and tonight he didn't make a good case for himself. Call me crazy but Canelo vs Pac would be a great fight

3. Mexican Eagle

Mexican Eagle Member

I don't get it?

Did she think Bradley was winning?

4. Valdosta

Pacquiao won but he is 36 with 60+ fights. He's taken a ton Of punches on his career. IMO his prime is long gone although still a good fighter obviously.

5. Valdosta

She probably wondered what the hell he was doing. Bradley was dumb rounds 6 and 7

6. Mexican Eagle

Mexican Eagle Member

That's right he was with his back against the ropes letting Manny t-off on him, great strategy LOL.

7. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

No she couldn't figure out what his fight plan was.

8. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Bingo

9. Mexican Eagle

Mexican Eagle Member

You're a lucky man...I was trying to get my gf to watch the fight with me but was too busy on that FB crap LOL.

10. Playboy

Playboy Member

I felt Pacquiao won but I was more impressed with the fewer rounds that Bradley won over the majority of rounds that Pacquiao took.
    Before the fight started I assumed Timothy would win.
    I had Bradley up the first 5 rounds or so & then Manny kept forcing him to retreat for the remainder.

11. Mexican Eagle

Mexican Eagle Member

I find it interesting you gave Bradley round2, when Pac man had Bradley on queer street.

12. Mark G

Mark G Member

Bradley was doing well in rounds 4 and 5 I think it was. He was actually having some success at fighting at close quarters rather than boxing from the outside. He was very successful landing his right hand, and I saw his work to the body as effective as well. Whatever momentum he had though, fell apart.

Pacquiao is still good, but I agree, he is not prime anymore. I think he is actually SIGNIFICANTLY worse than he was when he was producing his big wins against Morales, Barrera, DLH, Cotto, and Margarito.

He doesn't have the same power, speed, or footwork, he is slower to pull the trigger, and not nearly as devastating and dangerous as he was.

Some might try to paint the picture that he is still Pacquiao, but he's not. It was also clear to me in the Rios fight. Yeah, he dominated Rios on the scorecards, but a prime Pacquiao would have done so much more. Rios is a fun fighter to watch, a true warrior, a tough guy with a good chin, but that doesn't change the fact that he is limited against the boxing elite. Pacquiao won, sure. But he didn't capitalize anywhere NEAR as much as he should have. That fight illustrated that although he is still good, his best days are long gone.

Still, it was more than enough to easily beat Bradley.

:loling:

13. Rebel

Rebel Admin

They'll likely hook up again this Fall so we should probably begin discussing it now.

Pac vs. JMM 5, who wins and why?

14. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

15. Valdosta

Alvarado.

16. Mexican Eagle

Mexican Eagle Member

I'm not looking forward to Marquez-Paquio 5 at all.

I got to say Paquio is fun to watch because he comes to fight. The guy is willing to fight anyone. He never ducked anybody. Mayweather is not greatest fighter of all time as he likes to call himself because he lacks that willingness to face all comers. He's an excellent business man and a great match maker. I keep thinking Sugar Ray fought Hearns, Hagler and Duran at their prime and Mayweather never faced Paquio. No way Mayweather has that kind of resume. I remember when Margacheeto was literally beating opponents ears off he wanted no part of him even said and I quote "who is Margarito" then turned around a fought Bumdolmir.

17. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I keep thinking that leonard, duran, cuevas, and hearns were in the same weight class as that shit we saw last night.

18. TIP

TIP Member

Although Pac hasn't ko'd anyone since Cotto, all but one of the opponents had never been ko'd. The one was Margarito. I don't think Pac is the same fighter as he once was but I'm not so sure his power isn't still there. TIP

19. Rebel

Rebel Admin

We'll have to bet on that one. I don't think Alvarado is slick enough to win and I believe the Provo fight took something out of him. It will show when he faces a precision puncher like JMM.

20. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Take Hagler out of the equation just for arguements sake and focus on the Leonard who was 147/154 and pre injury retirement and Leonard had beaten Benitez, fought Duran twice, win the jr. middleweight title and defeat Hearns before he turned 26.