Once Again we see why RJJ ducked challenges for so long.

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by TLIG, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. TLIG

    TLIG Member

    I guess people understand even better now why RJJ spent the past EIGHT years avoiding good fighters in each and every division he campaigned in.

    Forrest , coming off an impressive victory over Mosley, chose to face him again and then went for the next best welterweight. In his next fight.

    "I'm not going to babysit my contract" said Vernon and credit to him, he didn't. I see people are going on again about Forrest's place (rightful) in their p4p lists. I noticed RJJ gets propped up each time another p4p guy loses but remember this- DLH lost to Mosley, Mosley lost to Forrest, Tito lost to Hopkins, Judah lost to Tszyu and now Forrest has lost to Mayorga. ALL DAMN GOOD FIGHTERS.

    When was the last time RJJ faced such?
     
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  2. Boxeo

    Boxeo Guest

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by -^-:
    I guess people understnad even better now why RJJ spent the past EIGHT years avoiding good fighters in each and every division he campaigned in.

    Forrest , coming off an impressive victory over Mosley, chose to face him again and then went for the next best welterweight. In his next fight.

    "I'm not going to babysit my contract" said Vernon and credit to him, he didn't. I see people are going on again about Forrest's place (rightful) in their p4p lists. I noticed RJJ gets propped up each time another p4p guy loses but remember this- DLH lost to Mosley, Mosley lost to Forrest, Tito lost to Hopkins, Judah lost to Tszyu and now Forrest has lost to Mayorga. ALL DAMN GOOD FIGHTERS.

    When was the last time RJJ faced such?
    <hr></blockquote>


    Thats what I allways said how can we reward Jones by moiving him up every time a P4P guy looses?

    If Jones had faced the best competiton in the last 8 years can we really say for sure he'd still be undefeated?

    Jones is a Scrub he gets by on his HBO contract and old accomplishments sort of like Tyson is doing now, Jones is cashing in all his chips againts Ruiz he needs this win badly otherwise his legacy will crumble.
     
  3. Mr.pain

    Mr.pain Member

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by -^-:
    I guess people understnad even better now why RJJ spent the past EIGHT years avoiding good fighters in each and every division he campaigned in.

    Forrest , coming off an impressive victory over Mosley, chose to face him again and then went for the next best welterweight. In his next fight.

    "I'm not going to babysit my contract" said Vernon and credit to him, he didn't. I see people are going on again about Forrest's place (rightful) in their p4p lists. I noticed RJJ gets propped up each time another p4p guy loses but remember this- DLH lost to Mosley, Mosley lost to Forrest, Tito lost to Hopkins, Judah lost to Tszyu and now Forrest has lost to Mayorga. ALL DAMN GOOD FIGHTERS.

    When was the last time RJJ faced such?
    <hr></blockquote>
    Thats Exactly wat I was thinking...In boxing if u keep facing top challenges ur bound to lose..thats a proven fact..there are exception marciano..weak old hwy div...but Roy will be getting his on march the first.......another year of the upset seems that might happen
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Roy
     
  4. BIGDAWG

    BIGDAWG Member

    see this is the funny thing about this thread. ya'll are saying that roy has ducked tough challenges. but check this out wasn't forrest trying to unify the 147lb divison correct. i mean forrest was a champion fighting against another champion. the last time i checked roy has beaten all of the guys that were owners of the belts. so once you get all of the belts you have to defend them. so what in the hell are you guys talking about. correct me if i'm wrong but isn't he the champion of the wba, ibf, and wbc belts. so what champion can he fight other than dm. i'll holla 5000
     
  5. The Hitman

    The Hitman Hitman

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by BIGDAWG:
    see this is the funny thing about this thread. ya'll are saying that roy has ducked tough challenges. but check this out wasn't forrest trying to unify the 147lb divison correct. i mean forrest was a champion fighting against another champion. the last time i checked roy has beaten all of the guys that were owners of the belts. so once you get all of the belts you have to defend them. so what in the hell are you guys talking about. correct me if i'm wrong but isn't he the champion of the wba, ibf, and wbc belts. so what champion can he fight other than dm. i'll holla 5000<hr></blockquote>

    That is exactly what is being argued..... you like Jones seem to be in love with the alphabet titles.... it is NOT that Mayorga was the other title holder it is that he was the TOP CHALLENGE to forrest at that weight class. forrest could have gone after soft title holders and all that... but mayorga was a title holder PLUS being a top challenge.... THAT is the difference.

    Hitman
     
  6. TIP

    TIP Member

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by BIGDAWG:
    see this is the funny thing about this thread. ya'll are saying that roy has ducked tough challenges. but check this out wasn't forrest trying to unify the 147lb divison correct. i mean forrest was a champion fighting against another champion. the last time i checked roy has beaten all of the guys that were owners of the belts. so once you get all of the belts you have to defend them. so what in the hell are you guys talking about. correct me if i'm wrong but isn't he the champion of the wba, ibf, and wbc belts. so what champion can he fight other than dm. i'll holla 5000<hr></blockquote>

    The owner of the belts and lineal champion is Dariusz Michalczewski. You know the guy Roy didn't want mentioned on HBO telecasts. He's been there since 6-13-97 and never lost a belt in the ring. I'm sure Vernon Forrest wouldn't have ignored him had he been a lightheavyweight titlist. TIP
     
  7. BIGDAWG

    BIGDAWG Member

    dm, dm, dm linear champion whatever. dm don't want to fight with roy. it takes 2 to tangle we all know that. he's not trying to leave germany besides richard hall damn near re-arranged his face so linear champion who gives a rats ass. cause i damn sure don't.

    forrest said that he wanted to unify the 147lb divison right. so inorder for him to do that he would have had to fight mayorga right and then i'm sure he would have went after the cat that has the other major belt right. right. so correct me if i'm wrong but isn't that what roy did when he beat mccallum for the vacant title, beat del valle for his belt, and beat johnson to win his title. isn't that fighting the other top contenders who are owners of the major belts. so how is it any different then what forrest was trying to accomplish. please elaborate cause i'm confused. now if roy was doing what you cats said then he would have only kept 1 of the belts and only defended against his mandatories. but no he didn't do that he won all of the major belts and has successfully denfended it against all of the top guys in his divison.

    also how could anyone say that dm is the owner of the belts when he choose not to defend his titles therefore getting stripped and taking the bogus wbo title. which i might add he hasn't defended that title against his mandatory in like 5 years. so how could anyone say that he's the owner of the belts not to mention he struggled with a cat roy was bashed for fighting and which he damn near killed in the ring. keep it real fellas cause the bitterness is whack. save that shit for oprah. i'll holla 5000
     
  8. Dubblechin

    Dubblechin Guest

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by -^-:
    I guess people understnad even better now why RJJ spent the past EIGHT years avoiding good fighters in each and every division he campaigned in.

    Forrest , coming off an impressive victory over Mosley, chose to face him again and then went for the next best welterweight. In his next fight.

    "I'm not going to babysit my contract" said Vernon and credit to him, he didn't. I see people are going on again about Forrest's place (rightful) in their p4p lists. I noticed RJJ gets propped up each time another p4p guy loses but remember this- DLH lost to Mosley, Mosley lost to Forrest, Tito lost to Hopkins, Judah lost to Tszyu and now Forrest has lost to Mayorga. ALL DAMN GOOD FIGHTERS.

    When was the last time RJJ faced such?
    <hr></blockquote>


    Jones got knocked down by the hard-punching Del Valle in a unification fight against the WBA beltholder, but he got up and won a one-sided decision.

    Forrest got knocked out by the hard-punching WBA beltholder Mayorga ... but Ricardo is no better than Del Valle (hell, Del Valle is far more skilled than the wild-swinging Mayorga).

    The only difference between the two fights is Jones got up and fought a smart fight ... Forrest got knocked out.

    Forrest taking on MAYORGA is no different than Jones fighting Del Valle. The only difference is, JONES WON and FORREST LOST.

    You guys kill me.

    Forrest was a HUGE favorite and got starched.

    Jones accomplishes what Forrest couldn't, and you RIDICULE JONES for it and praise Forrest.

    Amazing.

    Dubblechin

    [ January 27, 2003: Message edited by: Dubblechin ]</p>
     
  9. Valdosta

    Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

    Mayorga is no better than Del Valle?? [​IMG] Jesus, Jones fans will go to any length. Which 1 of Del Valle's wins would make anyone believe he is as good as Mayorga?? He LOST (or drew) in all of his big fights. A guy who can't even beat Bruno Girard is as good as Mayorga?? WTF?? :confused: [​IMG] [​IMG] Jones fans need to get a grip [​IMG]
     
  10. Dubblechin

    Dubblechin Guest

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Valdosta:
    Mayorga is no better than Del Valle?? [​IMG] Jesus, Jones fans will go to any length. Which 1 of Del Valle's wins would make anyone believe he is as good as Mayorga?? He LOST (or drew) in all of his big fights. A guy who can't even beat Bruno Girard is as good as Mayorga?? WTF?? :confused: [​IMG] [​IMG] Jones fans need to get a grip [​IMG] <hr></blockquote>


    Have you ever seen Lou Del Valle fight?

    How many Ricardo Mayorga fights have you seen?

    Tell me what SKILLS Mayorga possesses that are better than Del Valle's?

    Give me a rundown ... because I've seen the two fight and Mayorga does NOTHING skillwise better than Del Valle.

    Mayorga RUNS IN swinging like a windmill ... for God's sake (like some kids fighting on a playground). If he didn't have power, he'd have nothing.

    Dubblechin

    [ January 27, 2003: Message edited by: Dubblechin ]</p>
     
  11. Valdosta

    Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dubblechin:



    Have you ever seen Lou Del Valle fight?

    How many Ricardo Mayorga fights have you seen?

    Tell me what SKILLS Mayorga possesses that are better than Del Valle's?

    Give me a rundown ... because I've seen the two fight and Mayorga does NOTHING skillwise better than Del Valle.

    Dubblechin
    <hr></blockquote>

    I've seen Mayorga 3 times and Del Valle 2. What's your point?? Mayorga does nothing better skillwise than Forrest either yet he beat him. It's about results, the most skilled guy doesn't always win.
     
  12. Valdosta

    Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

    I guess fights are won on paper. There's no need to even come into the ring if you are the less skilled guy and at a disadvantage [​IMG]
     
  13. Dubblechin

    Dubblechin Guest

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Valdosta:


    I've seen Mayorga 3 times and Del Valle 2. What's your point??
    <hr></blockquote>

    What's your point? You're the one who attacked me when I said Del Valle was more skilled and was just as good as Mayorga.

    When I asked you to tell me what Mayorga does better than Del Valle, you couldn't point to ANYTHING.

    So what are you attacking me for?

    Del Valle flattened Hill and lost a controversial split decision in Bismark, he flattened Jones and lost a one-sided decision to Roy, and he flattened Girard and was on the wrong-end of a controversial fight the first time around with him on his turf ... all in title fights.

    Those guys he lost too (and Jones and Hill are far better champs than Forrest was) all managed to get up from their knockdowns, but Forrest didn't.

    Don't hurt yourself jumping on the Mayorga bandwagon. He has exciting power, but he's as unskilled as they come.

    So don't get all freaked out when someone points that out.

    Dubblechin
     
  14. Dubblechin

    Dubblechin Guest

    Like I said, the only difference between Jones-Del Valle and Forrest-Mayorga is JONES GOT UP AND WON A ONE-SIDED DECISION, and Forrest DIDN'T.

    Going into the fights, however, the matchups were no different. Both Jones and Forrest were big favorites, and both WBA champs were less skilled but had power.

    Jones was just able to get up. Why he should be BADMOUTHED FOR THAT -- and Forrest praised for getting knocked out by a longshot underdog -- BOGGLES MY MIND.

    Dubblechin
     
  15. Valdosta

    Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

    Have you seen the first Girard-Dell Valle fight to be calling it a robbery?? Regardless the 2nd fight was clear cut. You can say Dell Valle is as good as Mayorga until you are blue in the face. I don't buy it as the results say otherwise. I guess I need to learn that fights are fought on paper not the ring :rolleyes:
     
  16. Dubblechin

    Dubblechin Guest

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Valdosta:
    I guess I need to learn that fights are fought on paper not the ring :rolleyes: <hr></blockquote>

    I agree, fights are won in the ring.

    And Jones got up AND WON his fight in the ring against Del Valle and Forrest didn't.

    I guess Forrest isn't as good as Roy Jones.

    But Del Valle is JUST-AS-GOOD, if not better, than Mayorga. Lou does EVERYTHING better in the ring than Mayorga ... Ricardo just has a little more pop (but Del Valle's power flattened guys like Hill and Jones, so that's saying something).

    Mayorga's biggest KOs were over Six Heads and Forrest ... and time will tell how good their chins actually were. (Six Heads has always looked shaky in the ring, though.)

    Dubblechin

    [ January 27, 2003: Message edited by: Dubblechin ]</p>
     
  17. Valdosta

    Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

    But Del Valle is JUST-AS-GOOD, if not better, than Mayorga. By Dubblechin

    I guess in your opinion he is but ring results simply show that to not be true. Del Valle lost to all the best fighters that he has gone against. You are trying to prop him up on LOSSES. Anytime someone has to do that the cause is already lost. Not to say Del Valle wasn't a decent fighter but to say he is as good as Mayorga is just stupid.
     
  18. SuperJ

    SuperJ Member

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Valdosta:
    I guess fights are won on paper. There's no need to even come into the ring if you are the less skilled guy and at a disadvantage [​IMG] <hr></blockquote>

    [​IMG]
     
  19. Dubblechin

    Dubblechin Guest

    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Valdosta:
    I guess in your opinion he is but ring results simply show that to not be true. Del Valle lost to all the best fighters that he has gone against. You are trying to prop him up on LOSSES. Anytime someone has to do that the cause is already lost. Not to say Del Valle wasn't a decent fighter but to say he is as good as Mayorga is just stupid.<hr></blockquote>


    What are you talking about? YOU CAN'T NAME ANY SKILLS THAT MAYORGA HAS THAT WERE BETTER THAN DEL VALLE'S?

    You're saying a CRUDE BANGER is better than a skilled fighter with good power because the CRUDE BANGER BEAT SIX HEADS LEWIS and FORREST, while the skilled fighter with good power FLOORED BUT STILL LOST to Roy Jones and Virgil Hill (via HOMETOWN decision).

    THAT'S STUPID!

    I like Six Heads, Forrest and Mayorga ... but SIX HEADS AND FORREST "ARE NOT" on the same level as Virgil Hill and Roy Jones.

    IF RUIZ beats Jones, will he be better than RIDDICK BOWE ... because Ruiz WON MORE TITLE FIGHTS than Bowe?

    Christ.

    Dubblechin

    [ January 27, 2003: Message edited by: Dubblechin ]</p>
     
  20. Valdosta

    Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

    What's stupid is saying 1 guy is better than another because he is more skilled. Thus, he looks better on PAPER!! In that case Forrest AND Lewis should have beaten Mayorga. It's not that simple. If you take a look at in ring results you have 1 guy who has WON his big fights and another who has lost his. It seems very simple to me that Mayorga is better. Rdidculous :rolleyes:

    [ January 27, 2003: Message edited by: Valdosta ]</p>
     

Share This Page