New Arena's Top 26 Fighters Of All Time

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Michael Matos, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Rebel

Rebel Admin

That is most definitely a shitty list. I bet that writer hasn’t seen most of those old timers in action. Talk about Boxrec warrior material.

To this day, I’ll still argue many of those old timers are overrated. Marciano at #5. What a joke! I’m surprised he doesn’t have Fitzsimmons at #1. :rolleyes:

sanchito likes this.
  2. Rebel

Rebel Admin

I’d take Marquez over Finito P4P.

3. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Or Chavez...

4. Remus

Remus Member

You would lol

5. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

marquez was able to grow and fight at higher weight classes, finito didn't have that type of body.

marquez is a carbon copy of the original.....the great finito lopez.

6. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

That's the main reason I put it up. There are so many unknowledgeable people writing about Boxing that it's becoming almost unreadable. Even today's so called experts pale in comparison tot he writers I grew up reading, short on knowledge and high on immaturity. My thoughts on the list are if you take out Pacquiao because he is still active which cuts it down to 25, only 15 deserve to be on that list.

sanchito likes this.
  7. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

a lot of these young writers think they know more than they do because they see stats on Boxrec and videos on youtube. living in the moment or being from a certain era helps you realize how big a fighter actually was because of circumstances they can't read about in boxrec.

for example, they can't understand how big the victory of ali over liston was. I've read posts and reports over it. they asked "what was the big deal about liston?"

sanchito likes this.