(NBC Sports) Judah vs. Paris (March 24)

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Rebel, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Rebel

Rebel Admin

This upcoming Saturday on NBC Sports undefeated Vernon Paris (26-0, 15 KOs) takes on Zab Judah (41-7, 28 KOs) in an IBF junior welterweight title eliminator. The televised undercard includes Tomasz Adamek (44-2) vs. Nagy Aguilera (17-6) and Bryant Jennings (12-0) vs. Siarhei Liakhovich (35-4).

This will be Paris' biggest step up to date. The bout should reveal a lot about Paris and also let us know how much Judah has left.

Predictions?

2. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Judah scored a ninth round TKO over the previously unbeated Paris. Judah turned out to be too fast and powerful for the untested Paris.

On the undercard, Adamek won a 10 round decision over Aguilera. Scorecards read: 100-90 (twice) and 99-91.

Jennings dissected Liakhovich via 9th round stoppage. The bout was stopped at the conclusion of the ninth on the recommendation of the ringside doctor. Liakhovich had taken a beating in the 9th.

3. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

Judah is such a funny fighter. He actually looked good last night and beat the living hell out of Paris.

4. Rebel

Rebel Admin

He did look good last night. His biggest problem is choking whenever he steps up against top competition in a division. Fortunately for him, Paris, a relatively untested fighter, doesn't fit that mold.

5. zap will lose against khan/peterson ...i overestimated paris at the betting window...initially i was going to bet zap, LOL

i will get my money back