Mosley-Forrest II Updates and discussion

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Valdosta, Jul 20, 2002.

1. Xplosive

Xplosive Member

It had Forrest winning 116-112. Shane RAN ALL NIGHT!!!

2. BULLYSON

BULLYSON Member

i had forrest winning by like 5 points...

i'm half in the piss tank... regardless...

mosely's quick draw McGraw style... the few seconds of flash and dash in each round style didn't win me over....

round after round forrest put in work... the better of the 2...

forrest's leading/snapping jab... counter left to the head... and follow up left to the body... and range finding/killer right won the fight for vernon IMO...

3. FITZ

FITZ Member

115-113 Forrest.

WTF kind of strategy was Mosely using? Jab then fall into a clinch.....jab then fall into a clinch.....late in the fight he had to know he was losing and he didn't really do shit to try and change things.

4. blackrican23

blackrican23 Resident B-Boy

I had it the same 116-112 , props to forrest , well rounded fighter, listened well to ronnie shields fight plan, did what he needed to do.

5. Jon Merrick

Jon Merrick Guest

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FITZ:
    115-113 Forrest.

WTF kind of strategy was Mosely using? Jab then fall into a clinch.....jab then fall into a clinch.....late in the fight he had to know he was losing and he didn't really do shit to try and change things.
    <hr></blockquote>

That Right Hand Had Him Concerned......and for Good Reason!!

6. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by valdosta:
    Hopefully this turns out to be a great fight not a 1 sided beatdown like the first :D <hr></blockquote>

Well Val, that was FAR from a great fight. In fact it sucked!! :mad: On the bright side your Wallett is now $500 heavier :D

[ July 20, 2002: Message edited by: valdosta ]</p>

7. zboxz

zboxz Member

100% horseshit fight.

Neither man deserved to win.

8. el patron

el patron Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jon Merrick:
    Now Let's See Forrest-Mayorga!!

[​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

Talk about a mismatch. Forrest would KO him early. Rounds 2-4.

9. Valentino

Valentino Member

116-112 Forrest.

Once again SKILLS defeated TALENT.

Sadly enough, I think that Mosley KNEW he could not defeat Forrest with SKILLS so he tried his best and hoped for the best (TALENTED fighters always HOPE for the judges to give them the fight over SKILLFULL fighters).

I wish both the best.

Two good guys...indeed.

10. The Hitman

The Hitman Hitman

i thought the fight was a draw. I had it 6-6 rather than 5-5-2 that merchant had. I expected more combination punching from mosley and a more effective jab. Honestly, tho, i thought mosley was going to get the decision after the fight. it was close (dull) and could have swung mosley's direction imo.

Hitman

11. zboxz

zboxz Member

SSM going up to 154?

He looked too small for 147??.

Forrest is sickening to watch. Big clumsy 6-foot counter puncher.

Nothing is worse then 2 counterpunches.

12. Xplosive

Xplosive Member

I know this may seem harsh, but....

Shane Mosley = Flash in the pan

I NEVER wanna hear his ass mentioned along side Robinsion, and Leonard again!

[ July 20, 2002: Message edited by: Xplosive ]</p>

13. Jon Merrick

Jon Merrick Guest

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by el patron:

Talk about a mismatch. Forrest would KO him early. Rounds 2-4.
    <hr></blockquote>

[​IMG]

Thus the "Stoned" Smilie.

It is the Only Fight left for Forrest at 147, but it Won't Happen due to Network Conflict.

Although I would like to see How the Cocky Mayorga deals with Defeat!

14. Jon Merrick

Jon Merrick Guest

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by zboxz:
    SSM going up to 154?

He looked too small for 147…….

<hr></blockquote>

I agree....But He'll Move up for the Money.

And He'll be even Less Effective there in My Opinion.

15. Jon Merrick

Jon Merrick Guest

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Xplosive:
    I know this may seem harsh, but....

Shane Mosley = Flash in the pan

I NEVER wanna hear his ass mentioned along side Robinsion, and Leonard again!

[ July 20, 2002: Message edited by: Xplosive ]
    <hr></blockquote>

I Wouldn't say that, it's just that Forrest poses Too Much of a Problem for Him.

I think if Forrest Moves Up For the Money(And How can You Blame Him)Mosely is Better than every Other 147 lber in the Game.

But Mosely will Move Up as Well for the Money(And How can You Blame Him).

I'd like to see Mosely-Mayorga just for the Styles....but there are Too Many Reasons Why That Fight Won't Happen.

16. zboxz

zboxz Member

After watching that painfully boring snoozer of a fight you wonder why Gatti/Ward will get millions for their fight..

NOBODY wants the watch the shit that these 2 guys showed tonight.

Anybody who thinks Ward/Gatti is over paid can kiss my ass.

The good news is that after seeing the Mosley/Forrest fight the Butterbean/ Holmes fight is looking better.

17. BULLYSON

BULLYSON Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by zboxz:
    100% horseshit fight.

Neither man deserved to win.
    <hr></blockquote>

how can you say this dude???

forrest committede to his plan... keep the fight on the outside... snap the jab... counter with the left... and let him him fear the right by asserting it here and there...

the only thing mosely did different was that he got his right a little more refined... and watched stevie johnston tapes and learned better foot work...

the inside work was pretty much minimal... shane didn't really bully vernon... vernon didn't really bully shane... and the outside work was by far vernon...

vernon was the champ... shane was the challenger... shane had to take the fight to forrest...

but... i still like shane and give him full credit for taking the rematch....

18. JayDawg

JayDawg Guest

Well I had it a draw like Merchent but I can see Forrest winning. Val and Hazza IM me and give me ya'll address. DAMN! HOLLA!

19. Xplosive

Xplosive Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jon Merrick:

I Wouldn't say that, it's just that Forrest poses Too Much of a Problem for Him.

I think if Forrest Moves Up For the Money(And How can You Blame Him)Mosely is Better than every Other 147 lber in the Game.

But Mosely will Move Up as Well for the Money(And How can You Blame Him).

I'd like to see Mosely-Mayorga just for the Styles....but there are Too Many Reasons Why That Fight Won't Happen.
    <hr></blockquote>

Sorry dawg, but the facts are plain. Shane's ENTIRE reputation was built on a narrow win over the Golden Girl, on a night Oscar fought the wrong fight. Other than that, he's done nothing but beat bums. When he finally faced a tall rangy guy who actually BOXED him, and took away his speed, he lost twice. He's no Sugar. Leonard would have boxed circles around Forrest, and DLH, and Robinsion would have murdered them.

So once again I say.... Shane Mosley = Flash in the pan.

20. BULLYSON

BULLYSON Member

i'd like to see:

damgarrd vs mayorga

call it my underhanded pick of the year...

mayorga ko 9