Mikey Garcia vs Robert Easter Jr.

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Michael Matos, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

He seemed to have good power behind his punches for the first three rounds or so but you are right that after that his power seemed to diminish slightly despite very well placed combinations..

2. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

how would a football player do vs a major league baseball pitcher?

3. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Yeah I see where you're going with this. The old apple and oranges argument. That would be all fine and dandy if the boxing people didn't claim the HW champ is the baddest man on the planet. That puts boxing under all kinds of scrutiny. The octogon is the place to prove that. And boxers...I should say pure boxers have not measured up. Here's what we do know so far. Dontay Wilder the current hw champ is not the baddest man on the planet...not even the 2nd, 3rd or 15th. In order to be considered the baddest man on the planet you need to be a well rounded martial artist not just a great or good boxer. Like I said the Tyson days are gone, the mystique is broken. Young combat sports fans are not the ignorant people of the 80s.

4. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Wow, look at you...philosopher and shit.

Shut up!

5. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Ok, I'll play.

So, a well rounded martial artist is the baddest man on the planet?

BRUCE FUCKING LEE IS THE BADDEST MAN IN HISTORY THEN!!!!

6. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

Easter has a solid chin and was being very careful. Some people think he fought well, I thought it was a shit performance by Easter. He never really made any adjustments he just wanted to hide behind his jab. Mikey looked like he usually does which is more than enough for the Easter’s of the world. Stay the fuck away from Spence though.

7. Valdosta

MMA PPV numbers are what’s on the decline. Boxing currently has a bunch of fan friendly fighters. Unfortunately, Not all of them are non draws. Joshua is a huge draw in the UK. The US doesn’t have many draws but luckily it’s a worldwide sport.

8. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I agree what's he thinking calling out Spence? Hell get knocked out worse than Brook. Seriously hell get hurt. A fight with Loma or even Webster sounds more interesting.

9. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Brucelee wasn't a well rounded martial artist. He was a good actor.

10. Valdosta

Anthony Joshua is much more popular than Daniel Cormier. Makes a shitload more money also.

11. Valdosta

He’s not thinking at all. I agree Davis or Lomachenko would be more interesting fights. Spence smashes him. There’s weight classes for a reason.

12. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Did you ever see him lose a fight? Me, either.

Best evah!

13. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

The old MMA vs boxing debate.
    While it's true that MMA fighters don't make nearly as much as boxers that only applies to the 1% elite fighters. The Mayweather's, the Mike Garcia's, Joshuas and paqcquios of boxing but most journey men die penny less like Iran Barkley who works as a security guard. Guys that reach Joshuas level are rare. It doesn't hurt he got those corny British fans that sing songs and shit but show up at the gate for their British fighters hell even a paki like Khan had the limeys behind him.

14. Valdosta

I was just comparing each sports heavyweight champion. In a real fight I am sure Cormier whips his ass but who cares. I would much rather be In Joshua’s position than Cormier. He’s younger,more popular and makes way more money.

15. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

ahhhhh the old MMA vs boxing debate.....you're neck and neck with me in trolling.

anyway, they told me about that dude Aldo fighting this weekend. I saw the fight 10 minutes ago on youtube. his fucking head movement and finishing shot to the liver.....HE LEARNED THAT AT ROBERT GARCIA'S GYM.

the fuck out of here with your mma shit.....the best part was that they did stand up (boxed) the whole fight until the very end after the shot to the liver. If I'm going to see stand up anyway, i'll watch boxers instead.

16. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

No offense but why do you give a shit who makes more money? Are you Joshuas promoter or a fighting fan. You indirectly made my point "Cormier could probably beat Joshuas ass". The fact that boxing fans now know this has to take away some of the luster from the hw crown. In the 80s the hw champ was universally recognized as the baddest man on the planet. Now days not so much lol.

17. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

yes, he would beat his ass in the octagon but why is it that every time these debates come up, they must fight in an octagon?

boxing has been around longer and is the A side. so, how would cormier do against Joshua in a boxing ring?

how disappointed were you when rebel change the name back to boxingfanatics from fightfanatics?

lol!

18. Valdosta

Anyone involved in either sport should care who makes more money, should they not? The fact that Joshua makes 10-15 times more than Cormier is significant. Considering that fact, would you rather be the UFC heavyweight champ or Boxing champ? If you say the UFC you are flat out lying. Baddest man on the planet? That’s a rather insignificant title, they are sports not a street fight.

19. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

who even mentions baddest man on the planet anymore?

way to dig up one from the archives to fit your narrative, kinich.

20. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I realize boxing is a sport not a streetfight. But let's be honest MMA is the closest thing we have to a real street fight. Small gloves to protect the knuckles unlike boxing(big pillows). No standing 8 count...in fact no count at all. You either tapout or get knocked out. In a real street fight most people take it to the ground. Unlike boxing where there's zero grappling involved. No kicking, no elbows, no takedowns. MMA is as brutal and as real as you get to the old Roman gladiators where they fought to the death. To me as a fighting fanatic that's exciting. Better than boring Mayweather fights.