Mayweather will beat Tszyu or Oscar

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by neil, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Remus

Remus Member

what you just said was that you "can have it both ways". well, imo you can't. you CANNOT say as tino just tried, that on one hand zoo is a top 3 p4p fighter and then in another thread, trying to argue a different point, say that zoo has only ever fought bums after phillips. THIS IS A CONTRADICTION of EPIC proportions.

besides, there's no need to show posts supe. they're everywhere. sometimes you're down on zoo and sometimes, (rarely anymore), you give him props.

you're criticism depends on who you are arguing with and who you are arguing against and your mood, time of day etc.

same goes for roy...its like an on again off again romance. ;) just before the ruiz fight was a prime example of where you pogo stcikin from anti to pro jones camp on every issue. who would win, how bad/good ruiz is, the significance of a jones win etc.

got nothin but love for ya though. [​IMG]

2. SuperJ

SuperJ Member

Why not Remus,, this is a boxing discussion board right???

Can't we discuss why the Phillips rematch was avoided??? Can't we discuss why the career is being concluded with a Gatti fight???

I got nothing but love for you either but it appears you are allergic to any Kostya criticism.

3. SuperJ

SuperJ Member

Same goes for any of my favorites. Gatti is one of my favorites but I disagreed with Stefano where he said "Gatti boxed Ward's ears off in their first fight". I criticize my favorites too. I think YOUR MOOD VARIES DIRECTLY WITH ANY KOSTYA CRITICSM.

4. Remus

Remus Member

lol, you aren't reading what i wrote. yes it's a discussion board but discssions have to MAKE SENSE.

saying that zoo has fought nothing but bums since phillips and then saying he is the #1 p4p fighter does not make sense. is this so hard to understand ?

criticism of zoo i can take when it makes sense. i rank him #6 p4p now, i don't consider him an all time great. i'd say that was a pretty reasonable point of view.

5. SuperJ

SuperJ Member

You are asking me about making sense. Above you responded to one of my posts by duplicating my thoughts using other words. lol

Lets' be reasonable.

6. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

Where did anyone say that Tszyu has only fought bums since Phillips?? He's fought "D" competition over the last 2 years though (after Branco).

7. Remus

Remus Member

i suggest you re read my arguement with tino.

the arguement was NEVER about the phillips rematch and never about the gatti fight.

the arguement is pretty basic. and you are still ducking it.

I will repeat, in caps this time. :D

DOES IT MAKE SENSE TO RANK A ZOO #1 P4P AND ALSO SAY THAT HE HAS FOUGHT NOTHING BUT BUMS.

8. Remus

Remus Member

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Valentino:
    You seem to forget that I was the ONLY poster in this board that ranked Tszyu # 1 P4P in my list.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
    Originally posted by Valentino:
    you lost respect for him, because he didn't fight BUMS and JOURNEYMEN. Tszyu in the other hand didn't demand a rematch. In fact, he was content with fighting BUMS.

Trinidad couldn't see himself fighting BUMS after BUMS and be happy with himself. That is NOT running...that is having RESPECT for himself, his fans, and the sport.

And I glad he retired...because I would have been FURIOUS if he would have fought another French pastry or gone through 3 or 4 fights of BUMS. Like Tszyu did

That might explain why you are a Tszyu fan.

9. phonetap

phonetap Member

who do you consider 'D' level competition?

10. Valdosta

Remus- I think you misunderstand Valentino. he said that Tszyu fought bums after he lost to Phillips. Well for a few fights that is pretty much true is it not?? He hasn't fought ALL bums but he did fight a few after he got bitchslapped by Phillips.

11. Valdosta

Leija (at this point of his career), Branco and Tackie is maybe a "c" fighter. Over a 3 fight stretch that is "D" competition to me.

12. Remus

Remus Member

my arguement does NOT revolve around how you classify those fighters. tino has classified them as bums and in thats fine, but if that is the case then how can he be #1 ?

i'm not pussyfooting around with this one. its a clear contradiction. [​IMG]

13. phonetap

phonetap Member

actually phonetap only see's a couple of bums after the phillips fight...and give the man a break...he needed a couple of tune-ups before getting back in the mix...

14. Valdosta

Chavez was a bum, Grove was a bum at the time and Ruelas (while not a bum) wasn't to good either when he fought Tszu. It took him 3 easy fights before he fought someone worthwile.

15. phonetap

phonetap Member

it is a contradiction if someone claims a guy is P4P #1 but fights nothing but bums...

16. Valdosta

Phonetap and Remus, you guys need some reading comprehension [​IMG]

17. neil

neil Guest

rafa ruelas couldnt possibly be a bum, unless tszyu got knocked down by a bum.

18. Remus

Remus Member

answer the question [​IMG]

19. Valdosta

He wasn't a bum, but he was certainly on the downside. [​IMG]

20. phonetap

phonetap Member

phonetap disagrees...it took tszyu 2 fights before he stepped up the level of his competition after phillips.