Mayweather Vs Alvarez

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by joey83, Sep 8, 2013.

1. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

I like this good post Playboy. Not to mention Duran went the full 15 against the dominant Hagler at 160. Duran did that by Boxing Hagler. Duran was not only a great fighter. One of the best pure Boxer's as well all time.

2. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

True Joey. When Duran fought later on and moved up in weight. It was weight mostly but he also had great Boxing skills and a very high ring I.Q. Duran is one of the top ten fighters of all time easily.

I don't think history will regard Mayweather that high. Don't know Mayweather where he will be ranked. He be in there somewhere's not top ten. IMO. Reason being and not a historian by any means, Mayweather doe's not have a career defining opponent. IMO, Mayweather passed on Pacquiao. Or vice or versa depending on which side of the fence your on.

3. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

you're going to have to convince the youtube warrior.

4. Playboy

Playboy Member

He started out as a lightweight.His resume does not look cherry picked.
    Win or lose I have to respect the fact he got in the ring with P4P'ers who had size advantages.
    He's considered arguably the greatest lightweight of the 20th century.

5. Playboy

Playboy Member

This event deserves a gallery

Attached Files:

6. Playboy

Playboy Member

Main Event

Attached Files:

7. Playboy

Playboy Member

Lefts

Attached Files:

8. sanchito

sanchito BF Resident Douchebag

Castillo beat him plain and simple...Mayweather has rematched how many of his opponents?...one...Castillo...know why?...he KNEW he lost and he wanted another crack at it to vindicate himself...and he did...good for him...but he lost the first fight...no doubt about that...most pundits disagreed with the judges...and so did Mayweather's conscience, much to his credit.

9. Black Gatti

Black Gatti Member

Did you see the rematch where Leonard boxed him and made him quit?? ..... Do you think its more likely that Mayweather will fight him the way Ray Leonard did in the first or second fight?

10. Black Gatti

Black Gatti Member

Finito actually retired when Alvarez was writing the blueprint.

11. Black Gatti

Black Gatti Member

He's got to get past his next opponent "Devon Alexander".

12. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

13. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Finito was damn old by then. What other 105-108 lber had that type of longevity?
    The little guys don't normally last that long.

14. Playboy

Playboy Member

That's where human emotion comes into play.
    The boxer obviously wants to come out boxing but when someone shows disdain & contempt towards you & comes at you with intent then as a man you decide to let your opponent know they're in the ring with a world class fighter & you stand your ground & attempt to fend them off.
    It's also a psychological game & anyone can be lured into a brawl.
    It's like the philosopher Mike Tyson said "Everybody has a plan till they get punched in the mouth".
    He had no intention of slugging.It just happened.

15. Black Gatti

Black Gatti Member

How old was he when he retired?

16. Black Gatti

Black Gatti Member

Get real. Mayweather went thru that with Corrales, Hatton, Castillo and other fighters that fought him aggressive and had bad blood. He would have beat him him the way Leonard did in the 2nd and 3rd fights.

Also, if that was the case, Leonard would have gotten sucked into a brawl in the second fight as well.

17. Playboy

Playboy Member

Corrales wasn't coming at him with guns blazing.He was following him around the ring not throwing anything at all.
    Hatton had a ref that wouldn't let him work.He broke up the fight more times than a school teacher.Do you know Hatton's reach.That must've sucked for him.
    Castillo did rough him up the first fight.That's exactly why there was a second because May was coaxed into a fight he didn't want to have the first time around.
    Get real? I am but you should do the same.
    Look at May vs Emanuel Augustus.That wasn't a boxing virtuoso for Mayweather.
    Too long ago?
    See his fight with Cotto.Cotto crowded him & met him with combinations.May had to weather the storm & his nose started raining.Relentless attack creates a sense of pressure,mentally.
    So much so that May had to SWITCH trainers because his father was worried about him going foward (in his career).
    Then you had that pathological liar that is Mayweather say,"Yeah,I stood & banged with him to give the fans their money's worth".NO HE DIDN'T.
    The lie detector says . . . that was a lie!
    Credit Cotto for cutting of escape angles & Cotto is a relatively quiet & respectful guy.
    ENTER ROBERTO DURAN.
    See how one gets caught in a fight?

18. Black Gatti

Black Gatti Member

Looks like you have an excuse or reason for each situation. You seem to have alot of hatred for Mayweather which clouds your judgement.

19. Playboy

Playboy Member

I'm a huge Mayweather fan.
    I respect his craft & feel privileged to watch him box but I try to tell the WHOLE story.

20. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Damn old for a 105-108 lber.