Mayweather Vs Alvarez

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by joey83, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Playboy

Playboy Member

I think if Canelo would've fought like Hatton he would've won.That's school yard fighting.Canelo's tools but Hatton's gameplan & temperament.Boxing can be neutralized.

2. joey83

joey83 Banned

I guess the trainers of 20 past world champions that Floyd beat just didn't think of it then hey? The blueprint does not exist :)

3. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

no one found the blueprint for finito lopez or marciano, either. it actually took more than 90 fights to find Chavez' blueprint.

big whoop dee do!

4. sanchito

sanchito BF Resident Douchebag

You must have not seen Castillo whip your boy....that is the blueprint....though Mayweather is cagier nowadays...

5. Playboy

Playboy Member

Canelo just likes to box at a distance.He felt he could beat May without an inside game & not impose his size.That's just him but aside from that like I said before,the ref condones Mayweather frolicking around the ring.Everytime someone catches him the ref yells stop punching & allows May to fight in spurts instead of working out of a clinch.They need to stop babying him.He's 36.

6. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Castillo had the right strategy for sure. Based on Mayweather's fight with the few decent pressure fighters he's faced througout his career, in my view, a Duran or Chavez would've outmauled him to at least win decisive decisions. Those two were on another level at their peaks, particularly Duran. The Duran that owned Leonard in Montreal may have even stopped him in a 15 round fight.

7. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

I read somewhere that Mayweather's next fight is going to be against Amir Khan. Another fighter who has a zero chance.

If so Mayweather "outboxes" Khan to a clear UD. A big victory another notch under his belt.

How many times has Mayweather won the 147 or 154 titles. Ever think about trying 160. No he's too small for 160? B.S.

No Ball's, Yeah and Mayweather school's Duran.:whatver:

Think about. If Khan Somehow beat Mayweather, it would be like Douglas beating Tyson.:loling:

8. joey83

joey83 Banned

I scored that fight 115-113 for Mayweather, most think he lost just because he did not dominate as usual, he was also robbed of a knock down called a slip so it should have been 115-112. That might be a blueprint on how to make it close not how to win.

9. joey83

joey83 Banned

Decisive decisions? Lol too funny, first of all Castillo did not maul anything and Mayweather was never even close to hurt or scared, secondly he knocked down Castillo so i don't know where this mauling comes from. As for Duran and Chavez being on another level to Castillo i could turn that around on you and say Whittaker schooled Chavez and Mayweather is on another level to whittaker so end of the day all that matters is who is in front of him and he would beat anyone :) Last point i would like to make to you my dear old friend Rebel is, you are comparing Mayweather at 135 (his first fight at that weight) with Chavez and Duran at there peaks at 147, big difference. Mayweather came up from 130 to 135 and fought the best and won and we all know moving up is not easy to do just that, eg Mares and Segura recently and they did not face the best in that weight class either Mayweather did. So please don't compare a 135 Mayweather to a 147 Duran or Chavez, compare the Mayweather who raped Jmm to them lol.

10. joey83

joey83 Banned

No balls? Umm why should a 5"8 guy with a 72 inch reach move up to 160? He walks around at 147 but he will go up to 152 max and fight someone who comes in on fight night weighing around 175, do you really think a 20lb to 25lb difference is ok? Would you expect Bradley or Pac to fight at 160? I don't like the fight against Khan, he is a bum and Mayweather will easily stop him but it makes sense money wise, id like to see him fight Garcia.

11. Playboy

Playboy Member

Mayweather couldn't stop a nose bleed.
    I'm sick of his post fight lies on how if he were to apply pressure earlier he would've gotten the stoppage late or how if he hadn't hurt his hand he would've went for the knockout.

12. Playboy

Playboy Member

Wasn't Duran 5'7"? Didn't he have a 66" reach? Didn't he even campaign at SUPERmiddleweight? Is that called having "balls"?
    May don't fight killers.He waits till their on the decline or ducks them altogether.
    He never fought a boxer in their prime.He lets other boxers do that.
    Long live the king.

13. joey83

joey83 Banned

Your right about Duran but its not just height and reach, its weight mostly, Tyson is 5'10 with a 71 inch reach and he was a heavyweight so why wasn't a 6'1 79 inch reach Paul Williams a heavyweight? Its not all black and white, don't get me wrong id love to see Floyd fight Martinez or Quillin at 160 or even a catchweight of 156 157 BUT i don't feel he needs to do that to prove anything.

14. joey83

joey83 Banned

Tell that to the 26 victims of his then.

15. Playboy

Playboy Member

I can't name them.
    They must be tomato cans.
    I can't think of anybody noteworthy.
    He runs too much to stop anybody but people (fans) can't read through his fabrications.
    Mayweather twists half the things he says.
    May stop who? Once he lands a couple he runs to clinch the points on the scorecard & I hear so many,I guess you call them FloMo's commenting,"yeah,I believe Floyd woulda got the stoppage but he let the other guy off the hook".
    WHY ARE WE MAKING EXCUSES FOR him?
    I just heard Floyd say he truly believed he could of gotten Canelo out of there in the eighth.
    When Floyd tries to sell his nonsense,I don't buy into it.

16. Playboy

Playboy Member

I heard BoxRec has Khan's next scheduled fight against Mayweather on May 3rd.

17. Playboy

Playboy Member

It has since been taken down.
    Now rumors are he's a front runner for the fight.

18. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

not worth a new thread but jr. looked terrible on HBO laast night. gift decision but i'm afraid he is going nowhere in his so called comeback. I used to really like him at the beginning when he fought in the Garden but he has nothing left. Ringo

19. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

he had to have something to begin with to say he has nothing left.

20. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

Have not seen the fight. Got it DVR'd. Already know that HBO scorecard had Vera winning by two. Raises a red flag cause they can't score worth a damn. From the outside looking in though Chavez should have killed Vera. It's obvious he lacks dedication. There was some mention of Chavez fighting the likes of Andre Ward. Chavez the name, the only chance he would have is if he landed a lucky punch. Not much to see there.