Lomachenko-Linares discussion...

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Valdosta, May 12, 2018.

1. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

this was a really good boxing match. After 9 rounds the judges had it even. Lomachenko got dropped in round 6 after controlling most of the first half of the fight. Linares landed a perfect right hand down the middle. In round 10 Lomachenko’s bodywork paid off with the perfect hook to the body. Linares fought really well and had a good size advantage. 135 is it for Lomachenko moving up imo.

2. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

i had loma winning at least 7 rounds before the 10th

3. TIP

TIP Member

I had Lomo ahead, I wonder if the Russia/political stuff had some bearing on the judges scoring? I agree with Valdosta that 135 is as high as Lomo should go. He's more of a featherweight or jr.light imo. The Mikey fight is a big moneymaker. Garcia's not as tall as Linares and isn't as fast with his hands but tougher, bigger punch, more technical, and would have a weight advantage over Lomo at fight time, . It would be interesting . TIP

4. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

one word....arum.

5. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I'll have to agree that 135 is the limit for Lomachenko. I have to agree with the judges on the score, at the end of the ninth I said to myself that Linares had one 3 of the last 4 rounds and one of them was a 10-8 which pulled him even.

6. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Mex did you catch the Sadam Ali fight on HBO? I switched over to it and they were doing a Sadam Ali interview and I watched for about 15 seconds and just bust out laughing. I remembered what you wrote a couple weeks back. Sadam Ali is the champion of the division that gave us McClellan, Norris, Jackson, Hearns and Leonard. Anyway Ali got lambasted by Jaime Munguia, Ali got knocked down 4 or 5 times before the referee had seen enough early in round 4. I like Munguia, good young fighter .

7. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

yes, i saw it. munguia has a hammer in that left fist of his. throws it a little wide but when it lands, whoa nelly!!!!

even with his great record, i still think munguia is a little raw. he needs another 2-3 fights with top 15 contenders. it's too late now, he is a champ. he now has to face the lions of the division.

8. Valdosta

Ali was just in the right place at the right time to beat a shot to hell Cotto. He still got koed by Jessie Vargas (lol).

9. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

10. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Jessie Vargas is no slouch

11. Valdosta

Good fighter but not a puncher at all

12. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Honestly I dont see Garcia beating lomo....hes the real deal.