Khan vs. Peterson Predictions!

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Jack1000, Dec 7, 2011.

1. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

I have Khan slightly winning by a point.

2. zboxz

zboxz Member

2 [oints taken from knan will make this much closer

3. zboxz

zboxz Member

i think Khan by 3 rounds but it could be closer as you say

4. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

The two point deductions killed Khan.

5. Yobbo

Yobbo Member

Glad to see Khan lose.

6. zboxz

zboxz Member

wow

i dont know about that

Khan had a draw at worst.

7. zboxz

zboxz Member

Tysonfan good call

i had 1 judge agree with me and you had 2 for you.

you won by split decision.

:thumby::thumby::thumby:

8. zboxz

zboxz Member

listening to Khan talk he reminds me of Hamed.

lmaooooooo

9. Yobbo

Yobbo Member

He had a BS knockdown go his way so it evened out.

10. zboxz

zboxz Member

i see this fight as Peterson doing what he had to do to even have a shot. Khan was the better fighter and perterson was in the role of the pitbull stalking. i dont think peterson did enough to win the fight especially to dethrown a champ but it is what it is.

Khan does not have the power he needs to step up but is fast handed and speed does kill.

i will take nothing from persterson but i will say it was his lucky night. enjoy the belt kid very few get to wear it.

11. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

Excellent fight. I have been a Kahn fan for a time since I've seen him at the Garden where he won me over, but despite home cooking, Peterson won me over tonight with his determination and yes, skill in the ring. He adjusted well. Of the two in many respects , Peterson may be more durable in the long run. Never thought I would say that going into the fight...Ringo

12. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

Khan is way nicer and more humble than Hamed. Khan is actually a very nice guy. Thye just have similiar accents...Ringo

13. Xplosive

Xplosive Member

Khan might be way nicer, but Hamed was way better.

14. zboxz

zboxz Member

i do miss that idiot hamed.

he made the game fun

15. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

No...the two point deduction for pushing were much lamer...that's not even it out...thanks to that Washington D.C hometown referee...terrible.

Khan won six rounds, Peterson four...and two were either way, even...in my scorecard.

But no one is to to blame but Khan himself...why he took a fight with a hometown fighter is beyond me...especially since Khan was the defending champion...what a dumbass move.

16. Jack1000

Jack1000 Boxing Fanatic

Damn!

I called it! I did think Khan won 7-5, but will have to watch again with those points off. The first one, I did think was a push with the elbow and the ref did warn several times before he took the point. That 12th round point deduction I don't think was fair. When I saw the 12th round, I was not sure if he was actually taking a point, or giving a, what Kenny Bayless would say, "Hard Warning."

Jack

PS. I think Maidana beat Khan and Khan should give Prescott a rematch. But if he loses again, I don't think HBO wants that. A little home cooking went a long way tonight. I still think Khan is chinny. Who did you all have winning?

17. Jack1000

Jack1000 Boxing Fanatic

+1!

Jack

18. Joe King

Joe King Member

Khan and Roach took Peterson lightly IMO. Fight was a draw in my eyes without the deductions, so not a blatant robbery. Expected a close fight.

19. Lefthooker

Lefthooker Member

Good prediction.

20. Lefthooker

Lefthooker Member

I mostly agree with your assessment Kimba - however Khan got away with a lot of holding and more headlocks than the WWF!
    I had Khan by a point - gave him the 12th which sealed the deal IMO.
    But part of Khans problem is that he - and HBO - keep trying to sell the idea that he is some kind of elite superstar (he is not) so when a fighter competes evenly with him the image gets tarnished and that often effects the judges perception (right or wrong)
    I am not upset by the verdict - it was a much better fight than I was expecting and kudos to Peterson.