Judah has a 140 lb title now, why not JMM vs. Judah?

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Rebel, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Now that Judah has a belt at 140, this may be JMM's best oppportunity at a title in a fourth weight class. Judah is much more beatable than Timothy Bradley or Amir Khan, as he is far from his prime.

It's a dangerous fight for JMM, but what other fight can prepare a fighter for the southpaw/speed combination of a welterweight Manny Pacquiao? Why not prove you can defeat someone like Judah at 140 first?

If JMM decides to go straight for Pacquiao, he should at least face a Soto-Karass type at welterweight to prepare for the bout.

2. Jack1000

Jack1000 Boxing Fanatic

Good call Rebs!

Jack

3. Mexican Eagle

Mexican Eagle Member

You must be the only one on the face of the earth that is even considering JMM as a potetial opponent for Manny Paquio at this stage. I don't care if Jesus Christ himself came down from heaven and prepared JMM for a bout with Pacquio. He can't beat Manny.

I do however think this Judah-JMM fight would be entertaining...meaningless but very entertaining. For JMM it's high risk low reward...So it would never happen.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  4. Black Gatti

Black Gatti Member

Low Reward??

It would only get him at title in his 4th weight class, Get him a PPV & sizable purse, boost his profile & put him in excellent
    position for a huge fight w/ Pac or one of the hot young champs at 140.

5. The Hitman

The Hitman Hitman

you know what i think this is a damn good idea. i don't know where judah goes from here at 140. i have no interest in seeing him fight any of the top 5 at jr. welter, nor peterson/malignaggi/matthysse 2. Brandon Rios or JMM. Make that fight next

6. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Exactly. Sure it's high risk, but you gotta take chances to constantly elevate yourself in this sport. The reward is high, IMO.

7. El tanke

El tanke Member

It would be a tough fight for jmm but the risk is worth it.

8. El tanke

El tanke Member

You dont know what you are talking about, so STFU.
    It takes brains to think like a promoter, something you are not and do not have.
    lol

9. Rebel

Rebel Admin

It would be a very dangerous fight because of Judah's speed, southpaw stance, and pop. However, Judah can be broken down if JMM can weather the storm. That's a questionable "if" though.

10. El tanke

El tanke Member

I think JMM wins, but it wont be easy.
    Judah when motivated can fight very well, even in losing efforts.
    and yeah, his speed and pop make him very dangerous.

11. Rebel

Rebel Admin

I believe Judah would be favored.

12. Mexican Eagle

Mexican Eagle Member

What's your fucking problem man? can't you have a normal discussion with out resorting to insults? That alone shows how smart you really are. I try to avoid you, insults over the internet is the lowest form of communication.

13. Mexican Eagle

Mexican Eagle Member

Anyways why would beating judah be such a great reward? Does anyone here think Judah is a top 5 in his division? a fourth weight division? Are you serious? Last time I checked Timothy Bradley was the man to beat at 140 not Judah. It's a good fight but It's a fight Marquez can lose. I would rather have my fighter lose to a real champion than some washed up has been like Judah.

14. El tanke

El tanke Member

nena, eres una nena.

15. El tanke

El tanke Member

Much like most would rather have a fighter win a title from a real champ or a real contender. Now you understand what most peoples problem with canelos situation is? or do I have to draw pictures for you?

16. Mexican Eagle

Mexican Eagle Member

Dude...Canelo is a 20 year old kid. Marquez is at the end of his career big difference. Canelo is allowed to fight a soft touch for his first "title". You wont hear me call Canelo a champ. He hasnt earned that right. Guys like you wont be happy until cannelo gets knocked out. That's really what you want. Haters gonna hate that's what they do.

17. El tanke

El tanke Member

you sounded so ghetto. "haters gonna hate". LMAO

So is that how boxing is supposed to be now? fight a softy for your first title? ooooookkkkkk then.
    When Canelo beats someone worthy he will get my full props, till then dont tell me hes the next great thing to come out of Mexico, because theres other mexican fighters who are better than him, and for the love of God stop with the age thing. Hes a pro, he has nearly 40 bouts and Jose Sulaiman gave him a world title as a gift.
    Plenty fighters have fought tough fights by age 20, canelo has not. Because after he almost got KOd by JM Cotto they dont wanna risk getting his china chin exposed.

18. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Yes, it's a fourth title in a fourth weight class, something no Mexican fighter has ever accomplished. That's why it would be a huge accomplishment.

Timothy Bradley is the man to beat a 140, but defeating Judah for a title would still be relevant. It would also be a good way to make a stronger case for a third fight with Pacquiao.

Speaking of Pacquiao, did he clearly defeat the man at 126-130 (JMM)? No. Did he defeat the top fighter at 135 or 140 before ascending to 147? No. Has he defeated the top fighter at 147 (PBF)? No.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  19. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

a 4th title vs a has been like judah?

there are other 140 champs he should be fighting to make his 4th title legit.

i hope he doesn't go the juan manuel lopez way and fights bums to get a title in a new division.

20. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Judah is hardly at a bum 140. He's a legit top 10 fighter at 140.