Jr. vs Jacobs

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Michael Matos, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Jr. won the first round. Jacobs very tentative and backing up. He came to life in the last 30 seconds but not enough. Chavez round. Chavez 10-9.

2. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Better 2nd from Jacobs. He forced the action. Chavez showing some good head movement and feints, obviously heeding Roach's advice. Jacobs round. 19-19.

3. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

3rd was fairly even. Jacobs with a superior work rate and Chavez landed some good looking punches. I hate to score even rounds but this one for the description. Even round. 29-29.

4. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

4th round gives the best action of the fight so far. Neither fighter was overly effective but the edge to Jacobs. Jacobs round. 39-38 Jacobs.

5. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

5th a better round for Chavez as he had Jacobs on the defensive for most of the round. Chavez round. 48-48.

6. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Just like that the fight is over. Chavez quits in his corner after the fifth and I have no idea why. Baffling.

7. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

The crowd is pretty fired up. This could get ugly. Debris being thrown into the ring.

8. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Chavez getting pelted with debris as he leaves the ring. Still no explanation as to why he quit. Announcers say he may have a broken hand although he was pointing to his eye when he left the ring.

9. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Freddie Roach said Jr. couldn't breathe, Jr.s says he broke his hand. Get the story straight. In my opinion he just said fuck it. Take the million and get out of Dodge.

10. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Like father like son. Both quitters. Fucking Mexican disgrace the Chavez boys are.

11. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

It doesn't surprise me. He's a quitter. When you're born with a silver spoon it never ends well. This is Camacho Jr. 2.0

12. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I remember when Sr. quit against De La Homo. Not sure many people consider Sr. a quitter. He was not in his Prime at that point. De la Hoya quit in his own way by taking a dive against Hopkins.

13. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I've heard through the grapevine from very reliable sources that Jr. is not a well man physically and had no business being in the ring last night. He's had ongoing health issues for the better part of a year. Apparently his physical condition was so dire that Gabe Rosado was on standby to replace Jr. right up until the ring walk.

14. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

It just came to mind. In any other sport (soccer, baseball, gymnastics, track and field, football, basketball ect) if you have a serious injury(fractures, concussions, sprains, internal bleeding) they put you on a strecher and take you to the doctor. Not in boxing. Why do we expect boxers to fight with broken hands, arms, jaw, nose, skull ect)?

At the end of the day its still a sport. Why do boxing fans expect boxers to fight to the death like its Rome back the colosseum days?

15. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

why? because we pay a lot of money to see fighters give it their all.

whats next, seeing someone get knocked out is too vicious so now they're going to wear facemasks and body gear?

fuck that, they know they're in the hurt business and we pay to see it.

Michael Matos and Valdosta like this.
  16. El Profesor

El Profesor Member

DLH dove against B-Hop.
    DLH was fighting back tears through his swollen eyes when he quit against Manny Pac...probably because his tight cross-dressing clothes would hurt after all of those body shots. He definitely quit that fight :nodding:

17. El Profesor

El Profesor Member

When I saw Chavez Sr.'s reaction after seeing his son quitting, I wouldn't be surprised if Sr. wasn't the one who started throwing things into the ring :mexsmiley:

18. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Nah he backs his son 100% no matter what. look at his reaction to people throwing shit at his son after quitting.

El Chavez padre nunca deja de alcaguetar a su hijo. jajaja

19. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Fuck that crackhead chavez sr. He's trying to excuse junior yet he was talking shit to roger Mayweather after he quit in the rematch.

I'm glad his daddy oscar de la thong made him quit like a bitch twice.

Chavez, did quit? BULCHISI!!!!