If Ruiz-Jones comes off Jones will be KTFO!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Hex-One, Sep 19, 2002.

1. Hex-One

Hex-One Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by legendary:
    Not dissin Roy but i cant see him wining the fight..! He has to Take Ruiz belt a dec win he wont get DK will make sure of that!
    And if roy needs a KO he'll get Flattened!
    He should stay wher he's at. [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

LMFAO!

[​IMG] He will go right to sleep!

2. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

From a betting man perspectives I might be inclined to take Jones. He will be the first reigning lightheavy champion afforded the luxury of the 12 round distance. It's not beyond the realm of possibility for Jones to flit his way to a 12 round decision, or possibly a stoppage on a cut. That is strictly from a betting mans perspective.

From my own perspective I'm split between the thought that if one of the most fluid fighters of all time Tommy Loughran couldn't flit his way to a decision over Primo Carnera, then Jones won't be able to pull it off against Ruiz. However if Sugar Ray Robinson could take 12 of 13 from Joey Maxim by being outweighed by somewhere close to 25-35 pounds, Jones could take 7 from 5 against Ruiz.

3. Muzseman

Muzseman Guest

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Michael Matos:
    I may be mistaken but every reigning lightheavy champ who fought for the heavyweight title got knocked out.<hr></blockquote>

Michael Spinks didn't.

4. legendary

legendary Guest

Good point ..Ruiz will land at sometime..and when he does can Jones take that kind of Shot, i think not!
    It will be interesting but I cant conceive ruiz losing unlessJones hits him on the belt and he cries low blow! :D

5. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Muzse:

Michael Spinks didn't.
    <hr></blockquote>

I thought that one was pretty obvious.

[​IMG]

However I concede I could have worded it along the lines of "every failed attempt". My Bad.

6. <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hex-One:

Jones won't be able to hurt Ruiz! There is no way in reality he can bring his punch from light heavy to Heavy? He has problems dropping people in his own division!

[​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

This ISN'T True...

N Roy's Career,Toney,Johnson & Gonzalez Went 12,But ALL Were Dropped...

Roy's KO Ratio is OVER 80%,Stretching Over 3 Weight Classes...

He's NOT Gonna Hurt louise w/1 or 2 Shots,But a 3 or 4 Point Combo Would Make louise "FEEL" Roy...

REED [​IMG]

7. <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Michael Matos:
    I may be mistaken but every reigning lightheavy champ who fought for the heavyweight title got knocked out.<hr></blockquote>

Oooops...Already Answered...

REED [​IMG]

[ September 19, 2002: Message edited by: REED ]</p>

8. <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hex-One:

Reed Roy will lose. Ask anyone here, Im a big Jones fan but in this case he loses. By ko.
    [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

Ask "Anyone Here"???...This IS the "Roy Hating" CAPITAL of the Internet...

No Thanks,REED'll Pass...

Roy Jones by Unanimous Decision...

REED [​IMG]

9. Hex-One

Hex-One Member

What is Roy going to due when Ruiz throws everything he's got on! I can see Ruiz trapping Roy against the ropes! [​IMG]

10. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

This thread should be in th "Mythical Matchups" because it's not going to happen. Jones-Tarver next.

11. Hex-One

Hex-One Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Valdosta:
    This thread should be in th "Mythical Matchups" because it's not going to happen. Jones-Tarver next.<hr></blockquote>

What do you mean it's not going to happen! It's almost a done deal!

12. The Hitman

The Hitman Hitman

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Valdosta:
    This thread should be in th "Mythical Matchups" because it's not going to happen. Jones-Tarver next.<hr></blockquote>

No kidding, val, put this in Mythical matchups. If it did, i go with the flow and pick ruiz. I think ruiz will clinch jones to death- mauling and brawling and wearing him out. One thing that is underrated about ruiz is his jab.... wasn't used anywhere near enough against kirk johnson or else he would have KO'd him imo. Ruiz can beat jones with size, a jab, mauling and a hard right hand.

Hitman

13. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hex-One:

What do you mean it's not going to happen! It's almost a done deal!
    <hr></blockquote>

The Jirov fight was almost a done deal also. This fight isn't happening. I would think that some people should know better by now.

14. <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hex-One:
    What is Roy going to due when Ruiz throws everything he's got on! I can see Ruiz trapping Roy against the ropes! [​IMG] <hr></blockquote>

But Unless louise GRABS Roy w/BOTH Gloves,He Ain't Trappin NOTHING...

& IF louise Does This,he CAN'T Punch...

Roy has ALWAYS Been ELUSIVE,When he Wants 2 B...Roy IS a GREAT "DEFENSIVE Fighter"...

louise has NEVER Faced an Opponent as MOBILE or FAST as Roy Jones...Not 2 Mention Roy's REFLEXES...

Roy Fights BETTER When he Can COUNTER...louise WILL LEAD...

louise Can Throw,But he's Coming w/SLOWNESS,the Likes that Roy has NEVER Seen...

It WON'T B a "Great Fight",But Roy CAN Win...

That's ALL REED is Saying...

REED [​IMG]

15. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Reed, we should analyze RJJ's record at LHW because it's more relevant to this topic. I don't give a rat's ass about which bums he was knocking around at 160-168. At 175 he's fought 15 times and he's KOd 10 of his opponents. That's a KO percentage of roughly 67%. Now keep in mind that half of his opponents at LHW were either garbagemen, policmen, alcoholics, or plain bums.

When RJJ has fought anyone at LHW who has resembled a CW, he hasn't been able to KO them. Examples include Del Valle, Telesco, Gonzalez...

I've no doubt that if RJJ fought at CW his KO percentage would drop to about 20-30% if he were consistently fighting decent fighters. At HW, his punches are going to feel like love taps.

Ruiz will laugh in his face and mock Roy's pitty pats. Say what you want about Ruiz, but the man has defeated Holyfield (still a legit HWY) a couple of times and he just beat up on Kirk Johnson, another legit top ten HWY. I no longer consider him a bum. He's not too skilled ,but he's rugged, awkard, and most important a legit HWY. That's exactly the reason Roy won't fight him. He's talking out of his ass once again.

[ September 19, 2002: Message edited by: Rebel ]</p>

16. Rebel

Rebel Admin

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by REED:

But Unless louise GRABS Roy w/BOTH Gloves,He Ain't Trappin NOTHING...

& IF louise Does This,he CAN'T Punch...

Roy has ALWAYS Been ELUSIVE,When he Wants 2 B...Roy IS a GREAT "DEFENSIVE Fighter"...

louise has NEVER Faced an Opponent as MOBILE or FAST as Roy Jones...Not 2 Mention Roy's REFLEXES...

Roy Fights BETTER When he Can COUNTER...louise WILL LEAD...

louise Can Throw,But he's Coming w/SLOWNESS,the Likes that Roy has NEVER Seen...

It WON'T B a "Great Fight",But Roy CAN Win...

That's ALL REED is Saying...

REED [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

Smaller and less powerful fighters have trapped Roy on the ropes many time. Ruiz arm, shoulder, and body shots would wear Roy down. Clinton Woods of all people trapped Roy on the ropes more than once.

17. Hex-One

Hex-One Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rebel:
    Reed, we should analyze RJJ's record at LHW because it's more relevant to this topic. I don't give a rat's ass about which bums he was knocking around at 160-168. At 175 he's fought 15 times and he's KOd 10 of his opponents. That's a KO percentage of roughly 67%. Now keep in mind that half of his opponents at LHW were either garbagemen, policmen, alcoholics, or plain bums.

When RJJ has fought anyone at LHW who has resembled a CW, he hasn't been able to KO them. Examples include Del Valle, Telesco, Gonzalez...

I've no doubt that if RJJ fought at CW his KO percentage would drop to about 20-30% if he were consistently fighting decent fighters. At HW, his punches are going to feel like love taps.

Ruiz will laugh in his face and mock Roy's pitty pats. Say what you want about Ruiz, but the man has defeated Holyfield (still a legit HWY) a couple of times and he just beat up on Kirk Johnson, another legit top ten HWY. I no longer consider him a bum. He's not too skilled ,but he's rugged, awkard, and most important a legit HWY. That's exactly the reason Roy won't fight him. He's talking out of his ass once again.

[ September 19, 2002: Message edited by: Rebel ]
    <hr></blockquote>

I would have to agree 100%. Good post Rebs!
    :D [​IMG]

18. Flex "Diesel" Dusty

Flex "Diesel" Dusty Natural Born Kingpin

If this happens. Roy will train seriously and put it on Ruiz.
    Big ups Roy! HW Champion!

19. The Hitman

The Hitman Hitman

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rebel:

<hr></blockquote>

I don't know if ruiz "beat up" on Johnson.... i had johnson ahead slightly (not counting the KD's that were missed) at the time of the DQ. And i think Ruiz would have gone on to win a decision, as well if he used his jab more like he should have i think he would have KO'd johnson.... BUT it was a close match.

True thing is, while Jones will be the fastest guy Ruiz will have fought, Jones will be the weakest puncher Ruiz has ever fought.... he will be a guy that ruiz can walk thru imo. I'm not insinuating that Jones is going to just allow ruiz to walk thru him..... someone will probably bring up the analogy of ruiz as the bull, jones as the matador. But jones will pose no offensive threat whatsoever to ruiz and jones (even at 175) relies on being able to make opponents timid about coming in on him. Like it or not, 10/15 isn't a high KO ratio per say, but Del Valle, gonzo and telesco were made very timid by jones speed/power combo and Jones' dominant performances (excluding the quality of comp factor which needs no explanation really) are dependent on making guy's releuctant to attack- he won't have the power part of that combo against ruiz.

Hitman

[ September 19, 2002: Message edited by: Hitman ]</p>

20. <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rebel:

<hr></blockquote>

Actually Roy's Fought 15 Light Heavy's...w/11 KO's...That's a % of 73...

But as U Said,Let's "ANALYZE" This...

McCallum,Griffin,Del Valle,Johnson,Telesco,Gonzalez...These R ALL The Light Heavy's 2 Go the Distance(or NOT B KO'ed N a Fight)w/Roy...

McCallum,Griffin(Twice),Johnson(Twice)& Gonzalez(Thrice)were ALL Floored,Despite NOT Being FINISHED...

Any 1 that SAW The McCallum,Johnson & Gonzalez Bouts,KNOW's that Roy "Went thru the Motions" After SHOWING his Opponent How Much Damage he Could Inflict...Roy BLATANTLY Carried McCallum & Johnson...& Gonzalez Posed NO Threat...

Roy was REEDing Griffin a Bed Time Story,About 2 Put Him 2 SLEEP,When the DQ Happened...

That Should Shed MORE Light on your "Analysis"...

As 4 your Assessment of the Fighters Day Jobs,SAVE it...MOST Prizefighters HAVE SUPPLEMENTAL INCOME & That's a FACT...REFUTE IT...

Del Valle PRAYS @ the Temple of Roy,N Terms of Roy's Punching Power...Ask Del Valle About the Body Blows that Had him LITERALLY JUMPING Off of the Canvas..."Honey Boy" Himself Said "Roy ISN'T a TRUE Light Heavyweight,But he HITS Like 1"...

Ask Telesco WHY He's NEVER Looked as PASSIVE as he Did Against Roy Jones...Ask Telesco WHY he Wouldn't ENGAGE Roy,When Roy DEFIANTLY BACKED Himself N 2 a Corner...

Ask Former Crusier Champ & Current Heavy,Al Cole,if Roy Can PUNCH...

REED ISN'T Saying that Roy WILL Stop louise,But louise WILL NOT Just BLINDLY WADE N on Roy,w/Out "Feeling" Roy Jones...Roy's ACCURACY & POWER WILL Surprise louise...

"Pitty Pat Punches"???...

Is That What REED has on his Avatar???...Is That What Roy FINISHED Tate & Griffin w/???...Is That What he DROPPED Gonzalez 3 Times w/???...

REED is GLAD That U're Giving louise PROPS...This Way,When Roy BEATS Him,U'll Have NO EXCUSES...

REED [​IMG]