i read somewhere

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by mex fighter, Aug 8, 2017.

1. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

that the many pac/marquez ko was more significant than the clay/liston ko.

what say you?

2. sanchito

sanchito BF Resident Douchebag

In what context?

3. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

how's this...in what context would the pac/marquez ko be more significant?

4. sanchito

I honestly can't think of one...well, maybe other than how it affected the perception of Pac's career as well as Marquez'....that's about it.

5. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

he's saying that the pac ko was more significant because pac was a better fighter than liston.

he has no idea about the fear factor, the ko power, the intimidation, how hated he was, the muslim factor, etc.

6. sanchito

Can you link to the article?...this sounds like it was written by a younger person with no historical context.

7. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

exactomundo. hit the nail on the head.

not an article, its a meskin boxing website. the kid is like 20 years old.

8. Ringside

Ringside El Padrino aka Boxing Fanatics Legend aka The Godf

No way. At the time Liston was way badder than even Forman's image who came later and Liston was a faster puncher with lots of power. the Paquiou fight was not significant than Clay beating Liston ass an extreme underdog to change the boxing climate forever on many levels.

Speaking of Foreman last week I got an authographed shirt from George Foremn and aleeter to my wife and I from him The shirt had an old school look with his pic and 1973 champ onit. No return address on the priority mail. I called my sons and it was Mano who tweets foreman a lot and had to get a specific shirt George required to sign and return envelpe. Gues he had an interest in the t shirt company. Very cool. I may just frame it so it does not get dirty. Forman is very cool since his getting out of depression .

9. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

No. Not in any way. First of all it was for the World Heavyweight Championship, the greatest prize in sport. Secondly you have to take in the image of the two fighters involved, the menacing and considered unbeatable Liston and the brash, young upstart Cassius Clay. Thirdly with one exception nobody gave Ali a chance and when he won it was front page and leadoff story everywhere, when every newspaper had a boxing writer. Can anybody remember what bauble if any Marquez and Pacquiao were fighting for? Did either one of them have a personna that in any way resembled the personna's of Liston and Ali? Was the Marquez-Pacquiao result news outside of the sphere of Boxing.

10. dazbag

dazbag Manos Daz Piedra

What Matos said :thumby: