(HBO) W. Klitschko vs. Haye (July 2nd) - Predictions & Discussion

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Boxingfanatics.com, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Exactly...and not ONCE...did I see Haye LIMP during the fight...NOT ONCE...lol.

2. Redneck

Redneck Living Legend

I am no Haye-groupie or something like that;-) But i think he deserves some credit for his performance. Of course the boxing fanatics saw that Wlad won the fight...but i watched it with a pack of "non-boxing-fanatics" and all said i dont know who won this fight now after the 12th round. So Haye was not the usual loser-opponent. Wlad is a fucking secure-bitch that is very hard to fight and hit. Still i think it was a very good fight that lived from its excitement and not from his big moments. Of course Haye got a very big mouth before the fight because that was his tactic to get Wlad out of his secure-style. I was one that called Haye the biggest chicken on earth but hey...he was even in this fight.
    I am sure the next opponents are "handpicked" again because the Klitschko-management saw how dangerous it is to fight hungry opponents (with swollen toes;-)
    Vitali cant fight forever and Wlads next opponents are all bums...i am sure. In 5 years this heavyweight-science will come to an end. Vitali is retired then and Wlad in big trouble vs. the new wave of hungry ones.

3. Jack1000

Jack1000 Boxing Fanatic

Redneck,

What did you like about this fight? You are certainly in the minority. Almost everyone thought it sucked. You certainly had to be let-down by all the talk from Haye and it turned into bullshit. Wlad sucked too. But, gee, what a surprise, Wlad fought the same boring style that he's been fighting for the last five years.

Jack

4. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

When you are winning you don't have to change your style, that's what you need to do while losing. In fact I would argue that Wlad was more agressive than normal, he came forward most of the fight. Haye was clearly the 1 who stunk the joint up.

5. Redneck

Redneck Living Legend

Of course the big surprise was it not that evening. But it was possible...and thats what i liked about this fight. I was watching it with wet fingers because i was nervous like hell and always got the feeling that the big surprise is still possible. I watched all fights with the Klitschkos so far and Haye was a good opponent when i compare it to the other bums where you knew the first 3 rounds that it is over already and that they got no chance. This one time when Haye hit Wlad under the left eye and caused the cut was brillant (too bad that Haye is no Tyson...if Tyson in prime did that punch--->Wlad KO). The other tactic that he gone to the ground when Wlad tried to lean on his top was perfect tactic (later too much and too fast, ok..)...i always hated it in the other fights when he did that and the opponents stand there and he reduced their energy with that. I think Haye did everything that was possible for him....but as i mentioned before...he is no Tyson. I just think its unfair to laugh about him now like he is a fucking clown. We all knew that he was the underdog and i think he did his best.

6. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

7. Redneck

Redneck Living Legend

this article is not bad. But at the end of it this guy wrote "And yet, watching the HBO coverage, I really thought Haye was in with a chance for the first few rounds "....thats what i am saying all the time. Till the 7 or 8 round you got the feeling that it was possible...then i thought "he take a little break and try it again in the last rounds" (maybe Haye thought the same;-) but then the fight was over.
    Now compare that to the other bums the Klitschkos fought in the last years. So you all must agree that Haye was one of the best opponents compared to the trash they faced normaly.
    I dont say that Haye was the better man this night..i just say that he was partly even. And that gave me an exciting fight;-)....an exciting fight? Well...compared to the boring trash-shows we are used to watch when the great Klitschkos fight...

8. Joe King

Joe King Member

It was high level boxing, the pace was disappointing but it still was high level and had drama due to both fighter's chins being susceptible.

9. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

In the end...Haye turned out to be one of those same bums he was criticizing before...oh the irony...lol.

10. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

11. davemurphy

davemurphy Member

Sorry, Jack, an old-time fighter would've just wrapped the foot excessively and soldiered on. Can you imagine Carmen Basilio complaining about his small toe? If Haye had shown this to us at the Press Conference then I'd have thought more of him.....but no, he had to take his shoe off right there in the Ring. To be honest, I think he was probably relieved knowing that when he got to the end, he had the toe there to "lean on", for once he didn't even have to make up an excuse, it was already there.

12. Mark G

Mark G Member

Did his best? DID HIS BEST? You gotta be fuckin joking. He fought like a pussy, he wasn't willing to put it on the line for the heavyweight champion. This was supposed to be a GOOD FIGHT. And even non boxing fans tuned in because it was a heavyweight championship fight.

What they got was a snoozefest. The way this hurt boxing's reputation ALONE is enough to hate David Haye. Fuck that hoe.

13. Redneck

Redneck Living Legend

I understand your rage because you thought the big surprise will happen. But show me another fighter that is doing better against Mr. Borehammer. Show me one...what we saw in the last time was just fuck in that division.
    Maybe i should freeze myself for 10 years and come back to see some REAL heavyweights again and not that boring shitfest that is usual in the year 2011.

14. Mark G

Mark G Member

To me its because Haye didn't really put forth a sufficient effort to MAKE the big surprise happen. He wasn't willing to give any of himself to be the biggest champ in boxing. He could have put an end to the Klitchko era but lacked the balls to do it.

Eventually, excitement will return to the heavyweight division. But in order for their to be exciting fights, we need fighters with HUEVOS. Its all about the huevo factor, that is what was lacking in the fight.

15. Redneck

Redneck Living Legend

you convince me more and more that you are right. He got the chance and didnt make it happen. The quality to change the reign was there...with more balls and more risk he would definitive win against Boreklitschko. Damn....he lost his heart during the fight somehow..in the first rounds it was there. But i dont change my mind that Haye WAS able to go for it as we saw in the first rounds.

16. Mark G

Mark G Member

Honestly, when I saw Haye come out during round 1, I was thinking "he looks fast in there, Wlad is going to have some serioius problems," I agree with you, he COULD have won.

17. Joe King

Joe King Member

The fight was pretty good until after round 5. That being said, it was disappointing because IF Haye was willing to engage, it would have been a classic with a definitive finish. Wlad was looking to go to war.

18. Mark G

Mark G Member

And fighters who are unwilling to engage in a heavyweight champion fight deserve to be in the dustbin of boxing history and forgotten,

19. Jack1000

Jack1000 Boxing Fanatic

+1!

Jack

20. Valentino

Valentino Member

Ali fought with a broken jaw in a 15 rounder. He did not complain.

A toe? He should have gone swinging.