(HBO) W. Klitschko vs. Haye (July 2nd) - Predictions & Discussion

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Boxingfanatics.com, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Round 3

Haye with a good right hand. Follows it up with a stiff jab. Klitschko's nose appears to be bleeding. Haye's speed and style is giving Klitschko some issues. Klitschko can't land a big punch yet because of Haye's elusiveness. Haye lands a combination. Klitschko fires back with some punches of his own. Haye now using his jab a little more.

Haye 10-9

2. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

Klit can't land anything good on Haye.

3. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Round 4

Klitschko lands a right hand. Both fighters jabbing. The action slows a bit. Klitschko with a grazing right hand. Haye with a grazing right hand of his own. Not many punches landed in this round. Wlad very likely won the round by landing more jabs and coming forward.

Klitschko 10-9

4. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Round 5

Haye doing a lot of taunting but not much punching. Klitschko continues to utilize his jab. Klitschko lands a combination on Haye. Haye tries to pick it up but doesn't land anything of note. Haye lands a little right hand as the bell rings.

Klitschko 10-9

5. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Round 6

Haye losing the battle of the jabs. Haye trying to work his way inside more often. A small mouse is developing under Klitschko's left eye. Haye is still competitive but he's just not active enough.

Klitschko 10-9

6. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Round 7

Haye with a right hand. Klitschko with a left hand. The ref deducts a point from Klitschko for pushing Haye down for the 4th/5th time in the fight. The HBO commentators complain about the deduction. Left hook lands for Haye. Klitschko continues to outjab Haye.

Even 9-9

7. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Round 8

Same ole' pattern. Klitschko coming forward, outjabbing Haye. Haye is providing almost no offense at this point. He's just looking for one magic punch.

Klitschko 10-9

8. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Round 9

Haye lands a grazing right. Wlad doesn't seem affected by it. Wladimir having more success with his right hand and continues to dominate with the jab.

Klitschko 10-9

9. Rebel

Rebel Admin

If Haye wants to win this fight, he needs to man up and go for broke. He needs to make it a brawl and take chances.

10. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Round 10

Klitschko continues to be the only one providing any offense. Haye seems content to avoid getting KOd and going the distance.

Klitschko 10-9

11. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Round 11

Ref rules an alleged push a knockdown in favor of Klitschko. Haye complains. Wlad - jabs, Haye - Fatigued and offering little offense.

Klitschko 10-8

12. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Round 12

Haye with a good right hand. Wladimir appears to be a bit hurt. Klitschko revcovers and Haye lands nothing of note for the rest of the round. Klitschko was defensive most of the round after the big right hand.

Haye 10-9

13. Rebel

Rebel Admin

I scored it 8-3-1 for Klitschko.

14. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Official Scorecards: 117-109, 118-108, 116-110, Unanimous Decision victory for Wladimir Klitschko.

15. Joe King

Joe King Member

I should have figured Haye would fight to survive at some point. I have seen much worse fights. I don't know what the outcry is. It's heavyweight boxing, punch outputs are MUCH lower.

16. Joe King

Joe King Member

LOL Broken toe.

17. Eric0816

Eric0816 Lolo Jones fan

Damn.:bow:

18. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Haye's new name should be the Diving Running Broken Toe Excuse Bitch...

:haha: :haha: :haha:

19. Redneck

Redneck Living Legend

It was a great fight! Haye was no Chicken and he stand and fight. He tried it with every option he got and all of the 12 rounds were great stuff.
    And now guys be honest...Haye was close to break Wlad Klitschko. I am not disappointed in any way. It was the fight i expected and Haye was very close. My respect to Haye..not just big words he tried to let actions follow. Now i know again why i love this sports that much. Nothing more to say...and now gimme the next young tyson to break this fucking Klitschko-Reign.

Edit: Witton would be proud of Haye...

20. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

I forgot to add Flopper in Haye's new name...lol.