(HBO) W. Klitschko vs. Haye (July 2nd) - Predictions & Discussion

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Boxingfanatics.com, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Boxingfanatics.com

Boxingfanatics.com Administrator Staff Member

In a unification match, WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (55-3, 49 KOs) clashes with WBA heavyweight champion David Haye (25-1, 23 KOs). The bout will take place on June 25th or July 2nd at a site to be determined in Europe.

Wladimir's brother Vitali Klitschko ((42-2, 39 KOs), the current WBC heavyweight champion, will be on standby in the event that Wladimir does not recover from the abdominal injury he suffered during preparation for his bout against Dereck Chisora (14-0, 9 KOs).

Who wins and why?

2. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

Wlad 3 round KO

3. witton_lane

witton_lane Boxing Fanatics All-Time Great

Depends who he fights....really don't understand this bollocks about having Vitaly on standby but it's typical of the Klitschkos.

I give Haye a fair chance of KO-ing Wlad, it's a pick em for me as both haven't got the best of chins. Wlad has a better jab but Haye has a speed advantage to offset it and also the size difference.

Could go either way, I hope Haye flattens the prick but wouldn't be surprised if the opposite happened.

Against Vitaly it could get interesting, we all saw Solis landing on Vitaly last week before the bizarre ending. When Solis attacked Vitaly was going backwards in straight lines and countering, don't think that would go too well against someone with Haye's speed and power.

4. Wlad by wide UD. Haye will only show up looking to survive.

5. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I'm taking Haye. I'm taking Haye by kayo.

6. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

You just made Witton cream his pants...

:loling: :loling: :loling:

7. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

Wlad KO8 after he jabs the shit out of Haye.

8. witton_lane

:haha:

Matos knows his stuff. I don't see Wlad just jabbing his way to victory in this one, Haye will land shots providing he doesn't get caught with something himself. Neither guy can take the others punches so I'm going for the quicker man....plus it's not often there's a Brit fighter I actually like so fuck it I'm backing him.

9. Redneck

Redneck Living Legend

I cross my fingers for Haye! I waited so long for a good fighter facing one of the Klitschkos and now all my hope is with Haye. I watched every fight Haye did in the last years and i think he got a good chance. Sometimes he was a little too open and catched some punches but vs. Wladimir this should not be the great problem (if wladimir use his boring jabbing-to-victory style..). I just hope that Haye got the skills to catch wladimir in low distance because Wlad is very careful to stay out of punching-reach. I hope Haye archived his goal in pissing him off (cutted off heads etc.)..that could make Wlad changing his style from "jabbing to victory" in "killing with destruction". And thats the great chance for Haye to strike back and win it. Oh fuck..i wish i could beam like old Scottie right to this fight. Sure the biggest Highlight in fighting for me in the year 2011. Cant wait to see Klitschko fall...cant someone do some voodoo for Haye?

10. Eric0816

Eric0816 Lolo Jones fan

Wlad will jab alot, Haye will run alot. It will be a bit like Wlad's fights against Byrds.

I simply dont see Haye pressing the action against a powerful mofo and Wlad doing something other than his usual holding and leaning on him if he would.

Wlad will fight his usual style since Steward took over and Haye will try to survive and wait for Wlad to collapse all by himself like so many others do while they are getting methodically destroyed. I call it Puritty fight syndrome. You need to really fight Wlad, waiting and running wont do the job, thats what he expects, thats what everyone tries and he is comfortable with that. Brewster and Sanders did it the right way. Get dirty, take chances, hurt him, piss him off! Dont expect him to just run out of gas ever again. If I were Haye I would throw an elbow the first time he holds.

I fear People will be disapponted after the years of talk. Haye will be totally outmatched and Wlad wont show any heart of a champion while cautiously making use of his natural advantages against the smaller guy.

I also dont think that Wlad will get much credit for beating Haye. It wont be his career defining fight.

11. Redneck

Redneck Living Legend

i hope you are not right eric;-) But i fear you can be right...

12. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

I like how they have Vitali on the sidelines in case Wlad gets injured or can't fight. It's like stacking the deck. Either way I don't see Haye beating either one. Nothing special about Haye at all. Haye can't out box or out fight either one. The only thing Haye has is a punchers chance.

13. witton_lane

Those Chris Byrd fights were pathetic, Byrd didn't even have a punch and Wlad still jabbed and grabbed him to death. Ibeabuchi showed how to beat the feather fist properly :mexsmiley: Haye is no Byrd, if he lands flush then Wlad will go for a sleep.

14. witton_lane

Nothing 'special' about Haye yeah I sort of agree although he is a good puncher. Having said that I see nothing 'special' in either Klit other than their height advantage, they wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes with the likes of prime Tyson, Holy or Lewis. Neither would Haye don't get me wrong on that but to think he only has a punchers chance isn't true. He'll lay traps for Wlad, he won't be on the end of the jab all night like recent victims and he will land his shots. Same thing if he faces Vitaly, Solis was landing on him easily enough last week before that weird ending, thought he was doing pretty well before his leg gave out. Haye's leg won't give out, he's not overweight or undertrained or unfit, and he's very very fast.

It's the only decent fight left at HW right now other than the 2 robots facing each other and that's not going to happen.

Oh and yeah, the 'if I'm not fit you must fight my brother' line is fucking ridiculous, yet still Haye gets bashed for some reason even though he's agreed to that crap.

15. Redneck

Redneck Living Legend

ok now its scheduled for the 2nd July. Fight will take place in the Soccer-Arena of HSV (Hamburg). Haye said that he want Wladimir and right after that he "wanna beat the old man Vitali". Great words! Great Actions? We will see on that day...

16. BKING

BKING Pound 4 Pound King

Wlad TKO 10, although Haye does have a punchers chance. It'll be interesting to see if Haye can even touch Wlad's chin. Let's just hope Haye doesn't withdraw yet again. In 2009, Haye's move to withdraw from his fight against Vitali, in exchange for a title fight with Valuev, was far from admirable.

17. Yobbo

Yobbo Member

Wlad KO 1.

18. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Sounds about right...

:mexsmiley: :thumby:

19. I hope he KO's Wlad. I've had it with the Klitchkos. They won't fight each other (ever) and their fights the past few years have been mostly lame.

Someone should fool Wlad into thinking Vitali has been banging Hayden Panettiere. Maybe then they'd scrap. Hold that, knowing the Klits, they'd probably just take turns banging her.

20. TLC

TLC Member

This one should be good.

I think Haye will pull it out.