(HBO) Hopkins vs. Pascal 2, Dawson vs. Diaconu (May 21) - 10PM ET/7PM PT

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Boxingfanatics.com, May 21, 2011.

1. Boxingfanatics.com

Boxingfanatics.com Administrator Staff Member

Bernard Hopkins (51-5-2, 32 KOs) vs. Jean Pascal (26-1-1, 16 KOs)

Chad Dawson (29-1, 17 KOs) vs. Adrian Diaconu (27-2, 15 KOs)

2. Rebel

Rebel Admin

I've been back and forth with this one, but I'm going to have to go with Pascal via close decision. I think he'll be a lot more consistent this time around now that he's been in the ring with Hopkins for 12 rounds.

I expect Dawson to outwork/outbox a game Diaconu over twelve rounds. The disparity in speed/talent will be too great for Diaconu.

3. suckerpunch

suckerpunch Member

i'm gonna have to take hopkins and dawson to hopefully set up hopkins vs. dawson next. pascal looked scared during the face off. got to go with the old warrior.

4. Jack1000

Jack1000 Boxing Fanatic

Picks For Upcoming Fights:

Hopkins-Pascal II: DRAW!!: I see this as another close fight that will be another 7-5 115-113 type rounds split. Most think Hopkins should have won the first fight by a hair. Actually, to get a draw in a world champions' back yard is very good. Many close rounds will probably unofficially go to Hopkins because of public sentiment. But Pascal wants to erase the controversial nature of the first fight, a fight that a lot of people forget, he did score two knockdowns during the other times he seemed to be dominated by the old master.

Hopkins reminds me of James Toney, with the exception that Hopkins cares about conditioning. They are these very skilled veteran inside fighters that pivot well, counter well. The legs and balance aren't as good on Ex as they used to be. But this has got to be another fight with a Hopkins-Taylor, Leonard-Hagler, or Trinidad-Delahoya split on who wins. Why do I get the feeling that somehow, these guys could fight 10 times and we will get a microscopically close call each time. These guys could do their own version of Pacquiao-Marquez here.

Dawson-Decantu: Dawson SD in a harder than expected fight.

Jack

5. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

Expect another close fight. I think Hopkins is going to have to knockout Pascal to win. Think it's 50-50 as too hometown bias and the style of Hopkins. Still have to slightly favor Pascal. If there is no knockout Pascal will pull it out.

6. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Pascal wins a close(on the scorecards) decision.

7. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

Dawson out talents Diaconu and wins a fairly uneventufll 12 round decision. HBO trying to make Dawson to be something different but he wasn't.

8. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

9. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

In the 5th, Hopkins looking like he's working on getting disqualified.

10. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

After 8. Hopkins is winning the fight. Pascal not looking good.

11. Mexican Eagle

Mexican Eagle Member

Hopkins is a fool...he was actually doing push ups at the beginning of round 2

I had hopkins winning a close fight......

12. Mexican Eagle

Mexican Eagle Member

Does anyone think Hopkins has a greater legacy than Roy Jones. Ironically Hopkins becomes the oldest champion while Roy Jones gets KTFO by some bum. I like Roy Jones but during his career he was extremely overrated. Hopkins deserves way more credit for his achievements and IMO is a greater fighter than Jones.

13. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

One of the most enjoyable fights I've seen in a long time..when Hopkins uses his lead right he always gets it in...started back with Tito...Hopkins is last of the tail end of the old school fighters... Ringo

14. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Decent close fight. I should've stuck with my original prediction. Good win for the old great.

15. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Hopkins surpassed RJJ many years ago.

16. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

Actually Lebedev is not a bum. Roy did pretty good today until he got KTFO. Did Hopkins turn out to be greater? Yes. Was he in any hurry to fight Jones while each was in there prime? No.

17. Jack1000

Jack1000 Boxing Fanatic

Easy fight on my card at 117-111 for Hopkins. Pascal just could not find the range and seemed to be gassed by the middle rounds. First time that I can remember where they were able to overturn Quebec Law and get four neutral officials in there. Normally two of the four officials must reside from Canada. Neutrality is good, and this is what all boxing should have, especially so at the world championship level. SHOCKED that points were not taken away for all the holding and rough tactics. Two of the cards were too close. At least the decision was fair.

Hopkins now the oldest fighter in boxing HISTORY to win a world championship! (Surpassing Foreman beating Moorer.)

Jack

18. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

I had it around 8-4 Hopkins. Hopkins got stunned a couple of times. Especially in the 12th. Hopkins chin has to rank up there with the best of the modern era.

As for the Dawson fight. Dawson would be awesome if he had a more power in the left cross. Dawson threw it numerous times but it seemed to lack power. Maybe just enough power to keep the other fighter honest. Other than that Dawson did OK.

19. Jack1000

Jack1000 Boxing Fanatic

Shocked that no points were taken away from either fighter for the rough-tactics! If Nady or Cortez had been in there, I think BOTH would have been DQ'd!

Jack

20. mikE

mikE Member

Shit post.