(HBO BAD) Sergio Martinez vs. Sergei Dzinziruk, Final Predictions & R-B-R, 10:30 PM/7:30 PM PT

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Rebel, Jan 25, 2011.

1. The Hitman

The Hitman Hitman

I tell you man, this is a downright awful sports day for me... Arsenal got thrashed... then the two most recent Daniel Santos conquerors also got thrashed. None of the three were even competitive.

2. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Hitman, what does tonight's result say about Santos? :headscratch:

BTW, Great win by SDSU. Did you catch the game?

3. HOMICIDE

HOMICIDE 2011 Super Bowl Champs

Didn't Santos spar with Da Sex...?

4. Xplosive

Xplosive Member

Martinez is pretty damn special.

5. The Hitman

The Hitman Hitman

Santos is the only reason Martinez was able to dominate the way he did tonight.

to be honest as a santos fan i am contemplating the meaning of life right now.... drinking by myself on a saturday night talking online with boxing nerds!

great win(s) by SDSU both nights man i saw both games. i won some money on SDSU winning the MountainWest and i basically bet on them all year to win each game except for BYU and CSU (can't bet against CO or the other best team in the division). i hope they can go far in the tourney

6. Rebel

Rebel Admin

I say put Martinez in with Margarito next. I don't think anyone has an issue with him avenging his lone KO defeat. I don't think anyone would mind watching Margarito get destroyed again.

7. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Santos vs. Da Sex tomorrow. Who wins? Quick!

8. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

Tough to figure out what to do with Martinez now. There's not really any interesting/competitive fights for him at 160.

9. Rebel

Rebel Admin

I can't believe Kellerman was throwing Kirkland's name out there. Kirkland would get killed although the fight would probably be exciting for as long as it lasts.

Pirog and Lemieux would be interesting fights, but they are relatively unknown.

Martinez could also potentially move up to 168 to test the waters up there. If he goes that route, Abraham would be an interesting opponent.

10. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Oh please...you want Martinez up on murder charges?

:lol:

11. The Hitman

The Hitman Hitman

if they fight next i will bet you a plane ticket to Vegas that Santos wins..... but you have to come with me to Vegas

12. Rebel

Rebel Admin

I thought your response might be, "Martinez will duck Santos." haha

13. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

Why not Kirkland is pretty much as interesting as it gets for Martinez at this point. Lemieux,Pirog,Kirkland are about as good as it gets interest wise at 160 and I don't think any have much of a shot. However, a move to 168 would not be wise for Martinez IMO.

14. The Hitman

The Hitman Hitman

well... they won't fight. i think santos is done. but if the fight gets signed, we have to figure out a bet. not a damn sig bet either something real!

15. Rebel

Rebel Admin

168 would be tough because some of the top guys up there are just as athletic if not more athletic than Martinez. The advantages he holds at 154-160 wouldn't exist. His power would also more than likely decrease with a move up to another division.

16. Rebel

Rebel Admin

I'd be willing to wager anything, but I've got dibs on Santos.

17. The Hitman

The Hitman Hitman

you sadastic motherfucker

18. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

Martinez as he steps it up is a Roy waiting to happen. Anyone can see it , only at 35 his body is older than Roy as he stepped up. Don't listen to these announcers..no man has a body that peaks at 35...think Martinez takes roids or something? His biceps should not have that fresh muscle look at his age...lol....Padrino

19. The Hitman

The Hitman Hitman

nah. he's not an mma fighter

20. Jack1000

Jack1000 Boxing Fanatic

Thank you Floyd! LOL!

Jack