(HBO BAD) Sergio Martinez vs. Sergei Dzinziruk, Final Predictions & R-B-R, 10:30 PM/7:30 PM PT

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Rebel, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Martinez/Dzinziruk in the main event, Andy Lee vs. Craig McEwan on the undercard.

Another good fight to kick off the year.

2. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

It's not the most lucrative or buzzworthy fight for Martinez but it's a pretty damn good matchup competitively! I'll have to DVR it since I'll be in Vegas :mexsmiley: If the odds are good enough maybe I'll throw some on Dzinziruk for the upset.

3. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

It's a great matchup. I don't expect Martinez to have an easy time at all.

4. HOMICIDE

HOMICIDE 2011 Super Bowl Champs

I am a Martinez mark so I for sure will be watching "Da Sex" get his fight on but can anyone let me know what his opponent is like as far as a fighter?

5. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Da Sex will be tested, but ultimately he'll win via sexy decision.

6. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

Hes a decent underdog but I am picking Sergei to win.

7. The Hitman

The Hitman Hitman

This guy beat Daniel Santos.

It's obvious Dzinziruk will win!

8. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Santos needs his own television station.

9. Xplosive

Xplosive Member

I think Martinez will win a close decision, but theres a REAL chance of Dzin pulling the upset.

10. davemurphy

davemurphy Member

I think it's a pretty good matchup, Martinez is the clear favorite but I much prefer this to stooping to HBO's usual game of rolling out some name from 8 or 10 years ago who's seen better days and they simply didn't get the Memo. They probably only went for Dzinziruk because Keith Holmes wasn't available ;)

11. mikE

mikE Member

I think Dzin is the worst matchup for Martinez out of the 160/154 guys. I expect Dzin to win, but it's possible that Martinez will just lock up Dzin with his accuracy and volume.

Excellent matchup and either the best or 2nd best (montiel/donaire) matchup of the first quarter of 2011.

12. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

Sergio vs Sergei that's how they should market this matchup! :lol:

13. davemurphy

davemurphy Member

MikE-
    Yeah,it's a very dangerous matchup and I think falls into the Pick'em category, even though I bet most people aren't going to think so and will make Martinez the decided betting favorite. I'm picking him myself simply for what you mention at the end, I think Dzinziruk is just a bit more deliberate and Martinez might win a squeaker simply on punch volume.

14. The Hitman

The Hitman Hitman

I would subscribe. But in all seriousness, Dzinziruk is a very good fighter and should give martinez a great fight. i kinda like him to pull the upset...

15. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Talk about an intriguing fight. One guy is a star on a great roll while the other is undefeated and with just one big win away from becoming a star.

16. Xplosive

Xplosive Member

Ive changed my prediction as of today, and I'm sticking with it.

I like Dzin to pull the upset.

17. Rebel

Rebel Admin

I think the fight is a toss up, but I slightly favor "Da Sex." You know who I'll be pulling for.

18. El tanke

El tanke Member

I havent seen Sergei fight, so I cant tell. But reading all the comments makes me not wanna miss this fight. Martinez is the real deal, and Im a fan of his.

19. Rebel

Rebel Admin

There's always youtube...

20. El tanke

El tanke Member

I know, i just havent had time to sit down and watch videos, but I will before the fight, for sure.