(HBO) Amir Khan vs. Zab Judah (July 23)

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Rebel, May 31, 2011.

1. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Amir Khan (25-1, 17 KOs) meets Zab Judah (41-6, 28 KOs) in an intriguing junior welterweight unification bout.

Freddie Roach vs. Pernell Whittaker...

Early predictions?

2. Ringside

Ringside El Padrino aka Boxing Fanatics Legend aka The Godf

Khan will get a tko in late rounds, but he could get in trouble along the way. Ringo

3. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

As long as it's not that trouble you can't get out of.

4. davemurphy

davemurphy Member

Zab not really a huge puncher, I would suspect that Maidana hits harder and Khan survived that (although barely). Judah at his best might've been able to match speed with Khan, but don't think that's the case now. I'm taking Khan in what could be a real stinker.

5. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Zab's speed/power combination are what make him dangerous. That's why you won't ever seen Maidana stretching certain fighters the way Judah does. Judah hurts you best when he hits you with something big you don't see.

I see this fight coming down to a battle of concentration. I won't be shocked if both fighters hit the canvas. I safely lean towards Khan because as we know Judah doesn't always stay with the gameplan, but I feel Judah has a very live shot.

6. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

Right. Judah will be dangerous for the first 5-6 rounds. After that he'll likely get tired and fade.

7. khan by KO... this wont be like may/judah

8. Mark G

Mark G Member

I give the edge to Khan in this bout, but Judah has a great chance. He has good power, he easily hits hard enough to knock Khan down and out. He's past his best, but he can still fire blistering combinations and they are still hard enough to KO Khan. This fight definitely should end in a KO -

9. ericjw

ericjw Member

Judah is of course dangerous, but I see Khan outworking him. Judah's older and looked increasingly selective with his punches the last time I saw him fight. Maybe he'll land that shot that does it, but I have to favor Khan at this point in time.

10. Jeremy

Jeremy Member

Judah KO5 Khan

11. Mark G

Mark G Member

I wouldn't mind seeing that happen. It seems like some of the old Hamed disciples have been resurrected with Khan. :wink7:

I think that Judah has shown us his limitations with underperformances against mediocre fighters time and time again, so I don't consider him a favorite. But he CAN do it. He should be able to summon up the power and speed of Breidis Prescott!

12. Laztrooper

Laztrooper Administrator

Judah is a 4 round fighter. After that he goes into his shell and doesn't do a thing all fight.

13. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

Don't see Judah giving to much trouble for Khan. Their two different class of fighters. Khan is on the way up. Judah is in the middle. Khan wins possibly by stoppage in the mid to late rounds.

14. TLC

TLC Member

Once Khan stops him I'd like to see him matched up with Floyd for a big superfight at 147. Would be an epic match. Of course, after he gets done with Ortiz.