(HBO) Alvarez vs. Cintron, Broner vs. Rodriguez (Nov. 26)

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Rebel, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Rebel

Rebel Admin

[​IMG]

HBO - Saul Alvarez (38-0-1) vs. Kermit Cintron (WBC Jr. Middleweight belt)

HBO -Adrien Broner (21-0) vs. Vicente Rodriguez (34-2-1) (WBO Jr. Lightweight belt)

What are your predictions?

2. Cintron gets destroyed. The other fight,I have no idea. Haven't seen either one fight (at least I don't think I have).

3. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Canelo has been carefully matched to date and this fight is no different. Cintron may have been decent at one point, but that was many years ago. Mexican Red will likely box safe early on but will turn up the heat in the late rounds. I see Red scoring a late stoppage over a fatigued Cintron, and of course, an early stoppage isn't out of the question.

4. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

This fight is a mismatch. Cintron in survival mode as soon as Alvarez tags him with a good shot. Cintron will probably still be standing at the end

Alvarez by wide decision.

5. HOMICIDE

HOMICIDE 2011 Super Bowl Champs

Cintron...ahhhhhhh...Cintron...you know what I am taking my boy to win this fight, not sure how but Cintron will beat Ginger. The guy has the ability to show up and fight at the weirdest times and I think he will do that going into the belly of the beast (Mexico) but to maintain my Cintron markism I will say Cintron TKO 6th :lol:

6. Chaos

Chaos Member

I dont know about mismatch but yes Cintron will be heart broken when he finds out he cant hurt Canelo, or will he?

7. Mark G

Mark G Member

It wasn't THAT long ago that Cintron was dangerous. His fights against Sergio Martinez and Angulo were in 2009. He can still be dangerous. Although I expect him to get his ass kicked. This is a decent fight for Canelo. Canelo is still a kid, Cintron is a respected veteran who is not shot ala Joel Casamayor or anything like that.

8. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

That seems to be the general consensus among boxing fans. Alvarez is padding his record at this point of his career. I understand he's a young fighter and is still learning but he already has 38 fights. I want to see him tested and see what he's all about. I don't feel that Cintron is going to do that.

Alvarez seems to have an edge in handspeed over Cintron. I see this fight going one way...Canelo by ko in the later rounds. But Alvarez needs to show Cintron respect who is quite a bit taller and physically stronger. It should be an entertaining fight if Cintron comes in good form.

9. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

I thought Cintron was kicking Paul Williams' ass before he went through the ropes and fucked up his shoulder.

If Cintron pulls out the upset over Canelo...I wouldn't be shocked.

10. Joe King

Joe King Member

Didn't Cintron just lose on the Rios/Antillion undercard? I feel another BS ending to a fight again with Canelo winning.

11. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

Alvarez is kicking the crap out of Cintron. After 4.

12. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

It's over after 5. Alvarez just over powered Cintron. Good Performance by Alvarez.

13. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

No contest. Cintron was the old non moving fighter of days of old. Easy target tonight. Ringo

14. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

It's hard for me to get excited over this win. Cintron is a shell of what he used to be. I think most us knew the outcome of this fight. I do give Canelo credit for the ko, he came to fight. He did what he was supposed to do with a guy like citron. What's next for Canelo?that's what I want to know.

Did anyone like Broner's ko of Rodriguez? Over all it was an exciting night for boxing.

15. Joe King

Joe King Member

Canelo is the kind of fighter who will throw as much as his opponent. I think he and Chavez make for an all action fight. Arum won't make that fight and will match up Cotto and Chavez Jr, so let's hope Canelo fights some other top 154 pounders because they are all action fighters. Hell of a division.

16. zboxz

zboxz Member

well Canelo didnt show me much. i know he is young but has a ton of fights. he was patient i will say that but he did get popped a few times with hooks that he is wide open for.

Cintron has never been good, he was all hype from the start and he was quitting and looking for a soft spot to lay down.

i did not like the announcers said before the fight that Cinton would have to knock Canelo out cold because he would NEVER get a decision in Mexico. I hate that shit. makes the game tainted in every way. You got to build up the credibility in the sport not tear it down.

17. joey83

joey83 Banned

You cant build up something that isnt there, they are just being honest thats how boxing is and until there is something done about it they have every right to speak the truth, if they lie and say oh boxing is such a clean sport no bullshit goes on in boxing that wont help anything, maybe them speaking up about will force the people in charge to stop that crap from happening.

18. El tanke

El tanke Member

I agree, and the same goes for fans speaking out against certain fighters beign given title belts, just because they can turn out to make big money for their promoters. Examples are Canelo and Chavez jr to name a few. Thats why I rip those two guys, not because I hate them personally, or because I think they are bums because they are not. But because other fighters that had no bussines fighting for vacant titles( Hatton) or great champs stripped (Martinez) so the Jr can win a title. Is just bullshit, and I dont stand for that kind of bullshit. So yes, I applaud the HBO crew for calling it like it is.

19. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

Martinez was "elevated" to emeritus champion. Although the WBC did this a few year's back already with other fighter's like V. Klit, Mayweather, Pac, to name a few. Although in Martinez's case it might appear they are hiding him to make way for Chavez Jr.

20. El tanke

El tanke Member

Martinez was basically stripped of his belt, like you said. To make room for Jr. That "diamond" belt is BS. Bradley was stripped of his belt, to make room for Morales and Canelo has four championship fights under his belt, and hes yet to face a worthy opponent. Or can someone argue that Hatton, Rhodes, Gomez and Cintron were worthy?