Harold Lederman

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Michael Matos, May 11, 2019.

1. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Harold Lederman passed away today. Before joining HBO Lederman judged over 100 title fights Including Holmes vs Spinks and Ali vs Norton III. There is an ESPN 30 for 30 about Ali -Norton III and Lederman breaks down why he gave the decision to Ali and after listening to him you do see the fight in another way. Harold Lederman was 79.

Yesterday crowd pleasing heavyweight contender "Smokin" Bert Cooper passed away. Cooper was a damn good puncher but he didn't have the chin or conditioning to win his biggest fights, notably against Evander Holyfield and Michael Moorer after having both of them on the canvas. Cooper died of pancreatic cancer, he was 53.

Harold Lederman and Bert Cooper. Gone On

Remus likes this.
  2. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Sad news for boxing. Bert Cooper was a savage. He was a pure brawler if only he had the Holyfield chin he wouldve been unstoppable.

As for Ledderman im being honest here... never liked him. I thought he was bias for the hbo fighters and he annoyed me more than Teddy Atlas. But Im not glad he died may he rest in peace.

3. Carlos

Carlos ---

Cooper always struck me as the kinda guy that could have gone a lot further if he had been backed by someone (and had a bit more discipline). Lederman, like him or not, was passionate about boxing and i'll miss him.

Michael Matos likes this.
  4. Remus

Remus Member

teddy atlas can be a bit annoying but hes the sort of dude you have to have in boxing.
    passionate, a little off centre and full of life. i think hes brilliant for boxing. one of the characters of the sport in a world full of mass produced, polished media personalities

5. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

What do you think of Kellerman?

I feel like he knows boxing history. He's super knowledgeable. But he has no boxing background. Started off as a dorky jewish rapper until his dad got him a gig doing a boxing program and the rest is history. Some people say he didnt know how to talk until Larry and Jim taught him. You know not talk talk but how to carry himself like a real color comentator.

6. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

He reeks of white privilege.

7. Remus

Remus Member

kellerman is a professional media personality. i dont like or dislike him. hes a prop to me.
    atlas has been around. his history, background and story are rich in experience. his podcast with joe rogan is one of my all time favourites.

Michael Matos likes this.
  8. Remus

Remus Member

i had no idea he was a rapper. is that real ? lol

9. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Like a combination of vanilla ice and eminem:mexsmiley:

Remus likes this.
  10. Remus

Remus Member

11. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

As far as Teddy goes. He's a walking talking boxing museum. I can listen to Teddy for a little while...when he has something insightful to say. But other than that I usually tune him out. His color commentating with his constant know it all analogies leave a lot to be desired. Hes to emotional, gets too animated and douchey. But in a podcast environment hes a little more likeable and interesting.

12. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Max went from being a Boxing commentator on HBO to playing the straight man for a buffoon on ESPN's First Take with Stephen A. Smith being the buffoon.

13. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

My opinion on Teddy Atlas is that he has gotten the maximum amount of mileage out of a short lived stint with Cus D'Amato and Mike Tyson.

TIP and mex fighter like this.
  14. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

THIS IN SPADES!!!

he makes it about himself now, putting on a show while he's giving his fighters instructions in the corner. I want to see him get a kid with a 0-0 record and take him to a title on his own. has he ever done that?

15. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

regarding max, I can tolerate him. I actually like his show "max on boxing".

16. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

what does he know that we don't?

17. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

How to rap?

18. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

What about Bert Sugar and his endless cigar? Whats up with that guy :loling:?

19. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

not too sure about that, either. I suck just as much as he does.

20. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Bert and Teddy wrote a book together. "The Ultimate Book Of Boxing Lists" and it's full of trivia and quotes and obscure facts and is an entertaining read.