Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Vasyl Lomachenko

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Playboy, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Playboy

Playboy Member

I think Rigondeaux is going to get knocked out in 9.
    He has too many miles on him and is small.
    This reminds me a little of Ivan Calderon at the end of his run.
    When you're the smaller fighter and up in age with so many rounds under your belt, it's a bad combination.

2. Goyo

Goyo Member

No one cares about these toddlers apparently

3. Rebel

Rebel Admin

This should be a very tactical fight early on, but the bigger man will eventually prevail. I'm with Playboy. Lomanchenko via late stoppage.

4. TyrantT316

TyrantT316 Member

I'm a Rigo fan and feel he'll give Loma many problems in the first half. If Loma is able to lose rounds while still landing well to the body, his size and accuracy may start to slow Rigo down to take over the fight for a decision. I have a hard time seeing Rigo simply stopped, but I can see him ineffective if being outsized late in the fight to lose a close decision.

5. Rebel

Rebel Admin

How's it going Tyrant? You still active on OB? Hope all is well.

6. Remus

Remus Member

heres the problem with this fight imo....rigo is going to be copping body shots hes neevr felt before. clean, committed, fast snapping power shots. they are gonna just about chop him in half. he'll protect the body and expose himself up top and then by mid rounds lomo will be hitting at will and eventually stop the smaller man. i dont think it will be that close.

so wheres the problem ? the myth of lomo will grow even more. dont get me wrong, i like lomo and think hes an amazingly skillful fighter but as previously discussed, his myth is becoming too blown out of proportion.

7. TyrantT316

TyrantT316 Member

I'm good man. I haven't touched OB in years. Funny though, it feels like at least 2 times a year I'll check the site and forums to see if there is any activity for nostalgia. Great times. How about you?

8. TyrantT316

TyrantT316 Member

Agreed. This is a fight that simply needed to happen. If anything, both of these guys deserve this type of fight. Loma isn't exactly going to lose fans or anything for beating Rigo. More importantly however, I think that if Loma wins, it will give him and his team a false sense of how well he'll do against other top fighters his size or bigger. He'll get credit especially if he outboxes/classes Rigo rather than size-bully him.No one should fault him for taking this fight though.

As for Rigo, this will do everything for him as far as I'm concerned. While he may never be a big star, beating Loma (especially impressively) would be a big boost to his credentials and a big boost towards building a HOF career. Loma already has a lot of up-side. Rigo at 37 and without the personality of Loma, needs this more.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  9. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Same here. I too check it out a few times a year. Sadly, there hasn't been life there for 5-7 years.

I was thinking of asking Mikkel to let me host the 2D version here. :)

10. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

so wait, remmy will watch this one? does he know what they weigh?

11. TyrantT316

TyrantT316 Member

I'd play again from time to time if you hosted. Though I can blame my kids now if I lose. They love hitting the keyboard.

12. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Kids? I remember when you were a young college kid finding your way. Congrats. :cheers: