Fury vs Wilder II

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Michael Matos, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Remus

Remus Member

Stephen A Smith...an utter buffoon.

2. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I've been saying that for years.

3. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

He has some valid points. Wilder had so many lame excuses for his loss.

The costume
    The trainer stopped it too soon
    The cut in the ear

Say what you want about AJ but when he lost his first fight he showed class. Wilder has zero class. I couldn't be happier he lost.

4. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Is boxing dying? Wilder vs Fury only made 800k ppv buys. I mean the HW division is supposed to be the biggest stage in boxing. Just have a feeling MMA is more popular than boxing at this point.

5. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

The real question should be "Is PPV dying?"

We've paid for ppv since 1975. Now its MMGay's turn to be "more popular" and pay.

Enjoy!

Remus likes this.
  6. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Digital buys over performed and traditional cable buys under performed and in a thread somewhere I predicted that, that would be the future trend of PPV but this promotion decided to continue to flog the dead horse..

7. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I still ask myself why kinich insists that boxing is dying. there are boxing cards every single weekend. theres a great card this weekend with no ppv.

I know he does it to get a reply but talk about beating a dead horse.

ok, lets say mma is more popular than boxing as he suggests....WHO GIVES A FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

if mma is more popular than soccer, basketball, baseball, rugby, horseshoes, badminton, darts, cricket, crocheting, bingo, taking long walks on the beach hand in hand with your girl, listening to classic rock, playing Atari 2600, and even playing with a Duncan yo-yo all put together......WHO GIVES A FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?

Remus likes this.
  8. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Interesting Max Kellerman and Andre Ward agree with me on many points about the Fury vs Wilder fights. They pretty much validated what I've been saying about the first fight. Mainly that it wasn't even close. Max said that Fury and Wilder have fought 19rds. And Fury has arguably won between 14 and 17 of those rds. Again the first fight was a robbery. I don't care how close Matos and Remus think it was. I know when a guy gets his assed kicked for 17rds. Close fight ass:taunty:

And lastly they think Wilder shouldn't do an immediate rematch but should opt to regroup and rebuild himself instead. Only an idiot would think it's a good idea for Wilder to jump right into the ring with Fury.:slaphead:

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  9. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I care. If MMA took over combat sports then it's win win for us mma fans.

10. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Ok. Then what?

11. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

What part of 2 2point rounds dont you understand?

With that, the score is already 4-0 out of 12.

Remus and Michael Matos like this.
  12. Remus

Remus Member

It’s really not that complicated. lol
    HP just avoids the questions I put to him about scoring that first fight. I doubt he’s ever watched it.

13. Remus

Remus Member

Logically that would make sense. But here’s the main problem with that, he’s 34 yo. He don’t have time to be waiting 12-18 months for a possible rematch.

14. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I don't score fights. I never have. Its a visual thing for me. Just sort of eyeball it. I've watched so many boxing matches over the years. I'm 44 and lived before YouTube, before the internet and boxing websites. As teen my step dad had pretty large boxing tapes (vhs) collection. Mainly the big fights he recorded on HBO, showtime and even some ppv events. To this day still a big fan, but I never claimed to be professional judge. I just enjoy watching fights. And I think I'm pretty fair in judging. If you want to say the 1st fight was a draw that's fine. I'm not so much arguing the math. 2+2+2 is six. Any monkey can add rounds. Obviously because of the knockdowns on paper this fight will look closer then it actually is. But all bullshit aside can you sit there with a straight face and tell me that Wilder has been competitive over the last two fights? And as far as watching this fight. of course I watched it lol I hardly miss a big fight. I'm always here posting afterwards.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  15. Remus

Remus Member

yet more evidence of you failing to listen. so im gonna break this down for the last time.

lets address the second fight cos thats the easiest. where did i or anyone say that wilder was competitive in their 2nd fight ? this is just a strawman. he wasn't. he was destroyed. so the only bullshit you're calling is the bullshit of youre own invention.

so briefly...lets talk the first fight...wilder scored 2 KD's, in what world are you living in where that means he was totally uncompetitive ? was wilder outboxed for the majority of the fight ? YES. yes he was...ahhhh....so ? heres a newsflash for you, he was outboxed by ortiz both times aswell....ahhhh...so ? newsflash #2 for you...everyone who knows anything about boxing expected him to be outboxed. the only question was could he KO fury. that is all.

now...lets address some of the other nonsense in your post. you eyeball it ? you dont score fights ? hmmm...interesting. heres the problem with that. i do that too, but when the fight is close or controversial, i will take the time to look at all the evidence before i form my opinion. you seem to just want to ignore evidence. any monkey can score a fight and add rounds ? lol really ? so it takes a genius to watch a fight but any monkey can score it ? lol yeah makes sense. you wanna question the decision and say it was a robbery ? you say youre not arguing the math...but your saying its a robbery. ahhhh...yeah...that makes TOTAL sense doesn't it ? lol the math is the ONLY thing to consider when making the robbery statement.

guess what cupcake, fights aren't scored by eyeball, they are scored according to the 10 point must system. they are the rules of the game. period. so if you wanna call the decision a robbery then you have to provide the evidence for that. im totally cool with anyone who presents a scorecard and says...look heres MY scorecard and this is why i think fury won. judging is a very subjective thing and people are going to disagree but when there is that much disagreement you can safely say that the fight was very close to call. fury is getting too much credit for evasion. evasion is nice and all but you have to SCORE to win rounds, not just slip and move.

finally, and very briefly, cos we've all said this multiple times but you consistently ignore it. wilder is a puncher. he is a KO artist. his whole game is based around one thing and one thing only. his ability to land the right hand and knock people out. this hasn't changed and wont change. he will always be outboxed by a skillful boxer and that wont mean a damn thing or prove a damn thing or give anyone any new information. everyoen watched a wilder fight for one reason and one reason only...his potential to knock out his opponent. that is all. the fact you fail to understand this, the fact that you cant wrap your head around this fact...well what can i say other that you dont have the slightest idea of what your talking about.

im not gonna answer you on this any more. ive wasted enough of my time being gentle and trying to explain it logically. ive done so in a respectful and very patient way. but there comes a time where ive just got to call it quits. you can lead a horse to water but you sure as hell cant make it drink. god knows ive been just about ramming your head into that trough but you're either too stupid, too stubborn or too childish to drink so i can do no more.

16. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Ok fair enough. From watching the fight I just didn't get the feeling Wilder made it a competitive fight until the end when he scored the knock downs. So that's 10 rds out of two. Even with the two 10-8 Rds that's not a draw. Ok hold that thought and put that in your back pocket. In the second fight Fury was winning every single rd. And he wasn't "evasive" as you say he was on the first fight was he? No he beat him by pushing Wilder back. Fury won by pretty much whooping him and man handling him for 7 rds. Finally getting the mercy stoppage from his corner after (again)Brelan realizing Wilder had no chance. So let me ask you.. forgetting the two hailmary/lighting in a bottle knock downs. Considering Fury has arguably won 17rds out of their last 19 rds. In what parallel universe would you think Wilder would even stand a chance in the 3rd fight? And btw I'm not the minority in thinking Wilder has no chance if he takes the immediate rematch. An overwhelming majority of people agree with this. Regular boxing fans, former boxers(Roy Jones, Andre Ward, Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis just to name a few), boxing writers, boxing analyst like Max Kellerman, YouTube podcasters like Joe Rogan all give Wilder zero chance in the 3rd fight. But if you want to continue to be stubborn and say the first fight was close and that Wilder has a chance to beat Fury that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion even if you're absolutely wrong.

17. Remus

Remus Member

41 times out of 44 wilder has managed to knock out his opponent. he's got a pretty good record of execution.
    in the 12th round the KD was hardly a hail mary KD. it was a perfectly executed right hand followed by a left hook. that KD had Fury beating a 12 count.

Ortiz's record against wilder is basically teh same, ortiz won most of the rounds. but the right hand landed both times.

so i ask you again, what has changed exactly ? nothing except the result. nothing at all. if widler did land the right hand in fight 2 and knock fury out, guess what would change when we were assessing the 3rd fight ? nothing, nothing at all. the probabilities change for sure but the way in which deontay has to win doesn't change. he will never outbox fury. not ever. can he land or cant he. 41 times ive seen wilder land. 42 if you include fury's 12 count in the first fight. once ive seen him unable to land. to say he has no chance is a fallacy. he has a punchers chance and guess what...thats EXACTLY what he had in fight one and fight 2. a punchers chance. and guess what, thats EXACTLY what he has had for 44 fights.

18. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

A champ should get his chance at getting his title back, mismatch or not.

19. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

you act like that's a given. How many times does that actually happen tough? Did Trinidad give Oscar a rematch? Did Marquez give Pacquio a rematch after he knocked him out?Did Lennox Lewis give Rahman a 3rd fight after they were 1-1? It just depends on the situation. It's not written on stone or anything:slaphead:. The way I see it Wilder doesn't deserve a rematch. I'm more interested in Fury vs Joshua. Wilder vs Fury 2 only did 850k ppv buys. Wilder is not a ppv star no matter what bs pbc is saying. Financially Aj vs Fury is the money fight. Two Britt linear hw champs in the O2 arena. Imagine that.

20. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

49 year old Ortiz? That Ortiz?Considering his competition I take his knockout record with a grain of salt.:sleeping::sleeping: