Fury vs Wilder II

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Michael Matos, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Remus

Remus Member

what i will say though is that i think the last 2 minutes of the 12th rnd may very well have ruined wilder mentally against fury forever. if fury got up and only just held on, then i think wilder is in a better mental state going into 2. but fury didn't just get up and hold on, he got up and attacked. i honestly believe that has left scars on wilder. when all you have is one punch...you land it and it doesn't work then what shtick have you got left ? it planted seeds of doubt and anxiety into a dude whos all about confidence.

El Profesor likes this.
  2. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Now you get my point. And yes coming in Wilder had the edge in power. His ace up his sleeve. But when you bully the bully what's left? If Fury could figure out Wilder can't fight going backwards so can Joshua. Wilder is finished. Mark my words.

3. Remus

Remus Member

4. Greenstone

Greenstone Member

Fury clearly won the first fight and it was only close on the scorecard because of the knockdowns. Fury was much stronger physically in the 2nd fight and was more like his true weight and physique. Fury has worked out Wilder and is physically in a much better place to impose his fight plan on Wilder. Wilders best chance of the win was the 1st fight and any windows of opportunity Wilder has to knock out Fury are diminishing relative to the strength and strategy Fury now has. He could be caught in the 3rd fight. Anything is possible. But from now on the odds will be heavily in Fury's favour as long as he has the desire to train and not go off the rails between now and the next meeting.

Hawaiianpunch likes this.
  5. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

A draw in the first fight was a fair decision based on the 9 point must system.

6. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Exactly...if you honestly score the last 19 rounds. how many of those rds went to Wilder and how many went to Fury? That will give you a good idea of who's the better man and it's not even close. I don't care what some crooked judges in Vegas say. Forget the lucky punch. Fury has been the dominant one and that's not even up for debate. Don't expect a 3rd fight to be any different. I would rather see Joshua vs Fury. That would be huge. First time in history to have 2 legit British hw champions face each other.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  7. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

This is probably the most honest assessment on the possible trilogy from some of Wilders biggest supporters. Even they think it's silly. Hes got 40+ plus fights so you're not teaching an old dog new tricks. He has to have a better game plan in the trilogy other than going in there and hoping to catch him with a right hand. Simply not enough.

8. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Whether you want to see it or not, the former champ should get a chance to get his title back.

Remus and Michael Matos like this.
  9. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Crooked judges? You talking about the first fight? What fucking fight you watch? You talking about the fight that Fury averaged 7 connects a round and Wilder averaged 6, the fight where Fury outlanded Wilder by a whopping 12 punches over 12 rounds. the fight where both fighters missed 80% of their punches,. That fight?

10. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Who the fuck says that? Put it this way he has a month to take the immediate rematch so we shall see. My gut tells me he takes on another tomato can and waits for the dust to clear between Joshua vs Fury.

11. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I saw a different fight. Im not going to lie I didn't score the fight when I watched it live...but Fury clearly outboxed Wilder(100%). And argument could be made it was a draw only because of the knockdown. But if you took that lucky punch away can you honestly say it was close? I'm not questioning your compu box stats but at the same time those numbers don't always tell the whole story of a fight. I believe if you ask 10 people who won the first fight 7 out of 10 will say Fury.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  12. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I do.

13. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

And who da fook are u?

14. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

the silent majority

15. Remus

Remus Member

this is exactly what i meant before about you not listening and learning from other peoples posts when it doesnt fit into your narrative. go back and score the fight. whether you want to say its close or not is irrelevant. whether 7/10 or 10/10 people you ask say he won the fight is irrelevant. all that's relevant for the decision is the round by round scoring. so answer me this...

16. Remus

Remus Member

here's how the 3rd fight must go down for wider to win. he MUST fight for centre ring position. he must FIGHT to be on his front foot. he should prepare for a 6 rnd fight not a 12 rnd fight. he has to explode out of the gates. you wanna go out on your shield deontay ? cool...but theres 2 ways to do that. you could go out on your shield by taking a beating "like a man" or you can go out swinging. his only chance to actually win is to go out swinging.

deontay is not ever gonna outbox fury. never. there is just no chance of that. hes gotta throw bombs from the first minute. he needs to be past warmed up in the dressing room. he needs to be sweaty as fuck heading into the ring and start throwing from the get go. everyone is saying that deontay has to learn new skills. bullshit. deontay needs to double down on what he has.

17. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Sorry if I don't give you my undivided attention. Jeez you're worst than the wife. I do work mother fucker. I'm typing from a cell phone. As I speak...not everyone has his own corporation. You probably pay an aborigine $10 an so hour answer all your post for you.:taunty:

Remus likes this.
  18. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

this post is so 2008

19. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Hey my boy Rogan pretty much agrees Wilder can't fight going backwards. The blue print to beat him. Great little clip on Wilder vs Fury 2. Everything he says is spot on.

20. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

The old costume excuse. Wow this Wilder guy is a piece of work.:slaphead: