Fury vs Wilder II

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Michael Matos, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Remus

Remus Member

All over.

2. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

That knockdown from the bodyahot was nice. But the tasting blood was epic:loling:

3. Remus

Remus Member

Pretty sure his corner stopped that

4. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

The fraud was exposed. There is a boxing God smiling down. Now all these Dontay Wilder / Mike Tyson comparison can stop. He's no Mike Tyson he's Micheal Grant 2.0 skinny lumbering hw.

5. Remus

Remus Member

There will be a 3rd I’m sure

6. Remus

Remus Member

Don’t be so silly

7. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

The knockdown in round 3 pretty much ended the fight. Wilder was never any kind of threat after that. In the first couple of rounds he looked very close to landing a big right. Good performance by Fury, he fought very well.

8. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Good performance by Fury.

9. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

He was discombobulated after the first knockdown, very similar to Joshua after Ruiz decked him. Either Wilder or Fury will get a fight with Joshua now. I'm leaning towards Fury vs Joshua and serve up Charles Martin to Wilder so he can get the winner.

10. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

The truth is Wilder has power nobody will argue that. But he has too many holes in his game. Fury is on a different level. Any decent hw would do the same. Imagine what a prime Lewis, Klitschko, Evander and Bowe would do to Wilder. Pbc and Haymon did a great job at padding Wilders record with bums and old fighters. He faced somebody that wasn't scared of him. Wilder has the typical bully mentality. Yeah there will be a 3rd fight but Wilder won't get any better lol.

11. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

So what exactly was exposed, that wilder isn't a good boxer? That he throws wild punches? What?

12. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Well this is just directed at new media. They were clout chasing.

13. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Answer the question.

14. Greenstone

Greenstone Member

Fury murdered him. Deontay did pretty well to avoid the big KO but he was in survival mode round 3 onwards. I always said Fury was the best heavyweight and now it's over to Joshua. I'd like to see this match soon. Joshua doesn't quite have the power of Wilder but a slightly better boxer. That neck licking was pretty disgusting. All that sweaty blood. I think Wilder will be pretty psychologically fucked after that.

15. Remus

Remus Member

Final thoughts:

Going into this fight fury was in wilders head. Wilder did not look comfortable to me at all at any time. He looked intimidated, low energy and stressed. This manifested itself in the locker rooms before the fight with Deontay pacing around consumers with nervous energy.

the fight itself, Deontay found his range early, he arguably won the first 2 rnds. much earlier than I expected but fury just kept stepping up the aggression. Kept pushing hard and look at fury’s intensity, his energy, his body was twitching in eagerness. His eyes were wide with complete awareness. He was totally in the zone.

fury used his body size and weight to perfection. Somewhat like what Lennox used to do, imposing his size and bulk. More so, what he did was expose deontays inability to adapt at all. We all knew wilder was an average boxer at best but we should have expected him to respond aggressively if not skillfully and he didn’t do this and paid the price.

what’s even more impressive about fury was his ring smarts in not chasing the KO after round 3. he let it come to him. He didn’t want to leave himself open to that right hand. That shows a lot of boxing IQ and discipline.

the towel being thrown was a mercy. If it came a round earlier it would have been debatable about whether it was the right thing to do. Coming when it did, there was no doubt whatsoever that it was necessary.

I’d be interested to know how much the burst eardrum affected his instability . We’ll never know. He looked really really unsteady and unstable and I’m not sure if the KD was the primary cause of that.

What next for wilder ? Wow...I don’t know. He’s gonna be off for 2 months at least cos of that eardrum. How much does this mentally damage him ? I don’t know. Imo, this loss has come 2 yrs too late, he’s 34 now. He can’t get better now. Age will catch everyone.

what next for fury ? I hope that is the fury we keep seeing in the ring. He looked great. Really enjoyable. I hope he fights Joshua next and obliterates him in similar fashion. But fury could ver we’ll go off the rails again too.

Flashman likes this.
  16. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

You guys really want to see a 3rd fight? The first fight many felt Fury won and got robbed. Out boxed him for 10 rds and got caught. The second fight Fury destroyed him. Nothing I saw tonight makes me think Wilder Vs Fury 3 would even be competitive. It's pointless. Wilder is a one trick pony and a hypejob.

17. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Mentally this loss is more damaging for an unstable fighter like Wilder. I don't think he'll recover from this.

18. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Navarrete will be a champ for a long time.

Old school fighter who actually fights 5 times a year as champ.

El Profesor and Michael Matos like this.
  19. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I like Navarrete. His workrate, the way he mixes up his punches and if you stand there and punch with him he overwhelms you and if you go on the back foot he just walks you down. Does everything well.

mex fighter likes this.
  20. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Shelley Finkel has said that Deontay Wilder will invoke his rematch clause.