floyd Mayweather Jr Vs Jose Luis Castillo First Fight

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by joey83, Feb 26, 2015.

1. joey83

joey83 Banned

Ok so this is my take on the fight, i watched and judged as objectively as i could, i have 3 rounds different to you Mex, rounds 2, 4 and 11 i had for Floyd and you had them for Castillo. Considering this was Floyd's first fight at 135 and it was against a champion in Castillo i think he did well and clearly won imo. I would love for everyone to tell me why they disagree with my take on any round and discuss their difference in opinion.

Round 1, Easy Floyd round, dominated the first minute. 10-9 Floyd.

Round 2, Clear Floyd round, landed the more significant shots, ref called a slip on a knockdown so really should have been a 10-8 round for Floyd. 10-9 Floyd. 20-18 Floyd

Round 3, Another Floyd round, won it with the jab. 10-9 Floyd. 30-27 Floyd.

Round 4, Close round but Castillo missing more than landing so i give it to Floyd. 10-9 Floyd. 40-36 Floyd.

Round 5, Better round for Jose but Floyd lands some very nice hard shots while Castillo is still missing with most of his shots. 10-9 Floyd. 50-45 Floyd.

Round 6, Close round, Jose wins it with body shots. 10-9 Castillo. 59-55 Floyd.

Round 7, Dominant round by Castillo and easily his best round of the fight so far. 10-9 Castillo. 68-65 Floyd.

Round 8, Another Castillo round, Floyd not throwing enough and just defending, Castillo loses a point for not breaking when ref says so, had been warned multiple times. 9-9 Even round. 77-74 Floyd.

Round 9, Clear Castillo round, throwing and landing too much and keeping Floyd on the back foot. 10-9 Castillo. 86-84 Floyd.

Round 10, Finally Floyd comes back and wins his first round since the 5th but has a point deducted for pushing. 9-9 Even round. 95-93 Floyd.

Round 11, Very even round that could have gone either way, great inside fighting by both but more so by Floyd so i give the round to him just. 10-9 Floyd. 105-102 Floyd.

Round 12, Castillo wins the last round, again on activity. 10-9 Castillo. 114-112 Floyd.

So i had 6 rounds for Floyd, 4 rounds for Jose and 2 even rounds, at worst it could have been a draw but not a loss for Floyd imo and that missed knockdown also would have made Floyd win more clearly if it had been correctly called.

2. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

round 1 money 10-9
    round 2 temible 10-9
    round 3 pretty boy 10-9
    round 4 Castillo 10-9
    round 5 floyd 10-9
    round 6 temible 10-9
    round 7 jl 10-9
    round 8 tie 9-9 bullshit point deducted from jose
    round 9 luis 10-9
    round 10 9-9 point deducted from the Money Team
    round 11 jlc 10-9
    round 12 temible 10-9

winner jose luis Castillo 115-111

ok, so lets review the rounds in which we disagreed and say why we think the guy we picked won that round.

3. joey83

joey83 Banned

Round 2 Floyd hit Castillo with some nice hard shots and Castillo was mostly missing with his shots just hitting Floyd's arms, even Lederman and Merchant who thought Castillo won the fight had Floyd winning that round.

4. joey83

joey83 Banned

Round 4 was a close round which could have gone either way but again for me Castillo was missing with most of his shots, even though he was way busier than Floyd he didn't land anything significant and Floyd did.

5. joey83

joey83 Banned

Round 11 was close but I think Floyd got the better of Castillo with some great inside fighting, he hit Castillo with a lot of very good head shots, these kinds of rounds are hard to judge and many people see them differently but I thought Floyd got the better of Castillo.

6. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

7. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

8. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

9. joey83

joey83 Banned

See that's boxing, some rounds can go either way and the judges saw them my way but a lot of people saw them your way, that doesn't mean Floyd lost it just means some rounds were close and could of gone both ways, it was a good fight that Floyd won imo but I could easily accept a draw with one of those rounds going to Castillo instead of Floyd. If the ref had called the knockdown in round 2 then everyone saying Floyd lost all these years would have no argument and that's what made the fight even closer which is why I'm happy to say Floyd won it fairly.

10. joey83

joey83 Banned

I'd like to hear what other posters thought about rounds 2, 4 and 11 and see their opinions.

11. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

See that's boxing, some rounds can go either way and the judges saw them my way but a lot of people saw them your way, that doesn't mean Castillo lost it just means some rounds were close and could of gone both ways, it was a good fight that Jose Luis won imo but I could easily accept a draw with one of those rounds going to Mayweather instead of Jose Luis.

It was no knockdown, he stepped on his foot and even if it was counted as a knockdown, I still have Temible winning since I have it 115-111

12. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Mayweather-2, Castillo 4 &11.

13. joey83

joey83 Banned

Go back and look at it, Castillo tripped himself over after he got hit and tried to move backwards, clear knockdown. Lol so you agree with me the fight could have gone either way or a draw so tell me why you and everyone talk like Castillo dominated and easily won? Your score of 115-111 is way off, but that's boxing and I am gonna go watch those 3 rounds again and see if I missed anything. Details of why each boxer won the round would be great Matos.

14. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

no, I just copied your post and switched the names.

my score isn't way off. add up my rounds and you'll see I'm right.

no way that fight was a draw or a win by Floyd....no way.

15. joey83

joey83 Banned

Lol yeah there is a way and that's why he won, only way you could say that is if those 3 rounds we disagree on we're clearly Castillo rounds and that's not the case.

16. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

yeah, there was a way casamayor beat santa cruz, too....figure it out.

17. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Can't do that. That's the way I scored the fight that night. I rarely rewatch fights and never rewatch to rescore because you look for things you want to see. Had it 114-112 Castillo, 7-5 rounds. Gave Floyd 1,2,3,5&10. I subtract deductions at the end so I didn't have any even rounds.

18. joey83

joey83 Banned

Just watched round 2 again and that is a clear Floyd round, there is no way i can see that round for Castillo. Round 4 was a clear Floyd round imo, he won it just with his jabs to the body even without his other shots. Round 11 could of easily gone either way, Castillo won the first half but Floyd dominated with his inside fighting to win the last half of the round and i think the judges saw it for him because he won the last half and that was in their mind more. Still a Floyd win for me.

19. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I disagree.

20. joey83

joey83 Banned

So many people on here are always talking about Floyd losing this fight yet none dare come and explain why, if you are gonna say something at least try and back it up, Sanchito is 1 of those posters i'm talking about.