Floyd Mayweather = great now and a future great

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Mark G, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Remus

Remus Member

All 3 of you are deadset whackers. That's all I have to say on the matter. Propping up Mayweather's resume like it's something GODLY. Gimme a fuckin' break. :rolleyes:

You should all be ashamed of your foolishness and ignorance. [​IMG]

2. SuperJ

SuperJ Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Remus:
    All 3 of you are deadset whackers. That's all I have to say on the matter. Propping up Mayweather's resume like it's something GODLY. Gimme a fuckin' break. :rolleyes:

You should all be ashamed of your foolishness and ignorance. [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

[​IMG] It's not 'godly'. Boxing made the boxer, a somewhat wise man quotes,, but still,,the resume, without question it's better than the Rooskie. [​IMG]

3. Remus

Remus Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuperJ:
    but still,,the resume, without question it's better than the Rooskie. [​IMG] <hr></blockquote>

Maybe without question in your eyes darlin'and the rest of the yanks who can't bear a foreigner being dominant. But I said it before and I'll say it again, if Zoo was a fighter from your neck of the woods, he'd get alot more attention.

Us Aussies know better. No wonder we're so much brighter than you lot. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

The funny thing is that the only people on this thread who think Mayweather is overated are Aussies and a Freitas groupie. Most objective fans like Myself can see how good he is (and I don't even like him) lol

5. Remus

Remus Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Valdosta:
    Most objective fans like Myself can see how good he is (and I don't even like him) lol<hr></blockquote>

Playing the "objective fan" card are we Val ? Funny how people polarise to opinions that agree with their own and then say that it is the OBJECTIVE opinion as if to justify it.

You have been saying Reed is a bias fan since forever, but NOW that it suits you're argument he's an objective fan ? :rolleyes:

And I mentioned in my last post why most yanks don't give Zoo enuf props. It's cos he aint a yank.

6. Valdosta

Playing the "objective fan" card are we Val ? Funny how people polarise to opinions that agree with their own and then say that it is the OBJECTIVE opinion as if to justify it.

You have been saying Reed is a bias fan since forever, but NOW that it suits you're argument he's an objective fan ? :rolleyes:

And I mentioned in my last post why most yanks don't give Zoo enuf props. It's cos he aint a yank.
    <hr></blockquote>

Hmmm, I would not say that I am a objective fan when it comes to every subject but I am in this 1
    [​IMG] Super J is a big Tszyu fan so I would say she is quite objective also. Mark is a Mexican I believe so we will say he's objective also [​IMG] Brawler once tried to say Tim Austin is better than Mayweather :rolleyes: that shows how objective he is. Most Aussies worship Tszyu so are you guys really objective?? [​IMG]

7. Remus

Remus Member

Hmmm, I would not say that I am a objective fan when it comes to every subject but I am in this 1
    [​IMG] Super J is a big Tszyu fan so I would say she is quite objective also. Mark is a Mexican I believe so we will say he's objective also [​IMG] Brawler once tried to say Tim Austin is better than Mayweather :rolleyes: that shows how objective he is. Most Aussies worship Tszyu so are you guys really objective?? [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

It's got nothing to do with being "objective" or not. When people disagree, all of a sudden someone has to start playing the OBJECTIVE fan card or try to point out who has somehow a more qualified or credible point of view.

It's got to do with OPINIONS Val. People can disagree without one side or the other being wrong. The sooner people learn that on this board the better. :D

8. Valdosta

It's got nothing to do with being "objective" or not. When people disagree, all of a sudden someone has to start playing the OBJECTIVE fan card or try to point out who has somehow a more qualified or credible point of view.

It's got to do with OPINIONS Val. People can disagree without one side or the other being wrong. The sooner people learn that on this board the better. :D
    <hr></blockquote>

Nobody is saying that people aren't entitled to there opinions but can you tell me your opinion is completely objective?? I can say that mine is. I don't think of KT as and Aussie and Mayweather as a American. I just look at them as fighters. Can you tell me what makes Tszyu greater than Mayweather?

9. SuperJ

SuperJ Member

Where opposition is concerned, who do you feel has faced the better to date? Also, who is Kosta's best win to date and also Floyd's respectively?

10. Remus

Remus Member

Nobody is saying that people aren't entitled to there opinions but can you tell me your opinion is completely objective??
    <hr></blockquote>

So we always have to take you're word as being an objective fan who must always be right ? So what's the point of even having a message board. Everyone is bias in one way or another and you are hardly objective when it comes to Zoo.

Like I said before, let Mayweather unify a division and dominate like Zoo has. Let him come back from adversity and from a heavy loss to show his ticker like Zoo has. Let him win a fight by KO over a guy that was supposed to run right thru him one fight and then the next fight put on a boxing clinic like Zoo has.

Floyd does that, he's a greater fighter. Lets see if he gets past Castillo first. Apart from Corrales I see nothing to lead me to believe that Floyd is anything more than greatness in the MAKING. Not right now he aint.

11. Remus

Remus Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuperJ:
    Where opposition is concerned, who do you feel has faced the better to date? Also, who is Kosta's best win to date and also Floyd's respectively?<hr></blockquote>

Zoo has faced the better opposition. Zoo's best win from a historical point of view was Zab obviously. Floyd's was Corrales.

If they both retired tomorrow, I can assure you that history will remember Zoo's achievements long after the Mayweather hype has died.

12. Valdosta

Corrales-Mayweather was a pick'em fight. As was his championship fight. If you compare each guys resume name for name, Mayweathers is better. Also, why should he be penalized because he hasn't been KTFO?? [​IMG] [​IMG] Remus, Mayweather dominated while he was at 130 MORE SO than Tszyu. Tszyu has longetivity but that doesn't really matter when Mayweather's fought just as good or more than likely better opposition. If you want I will break it down after I get done working out :D Apparently you underate a lot of PBF's opponents [​IMG]

13. Remus

Remus Member

Corrales-Mayweather was a pick'em fight. As was his championship fight. If you compare each guys resume name for name, Mayweathers is better. Also, why should he be penalized because he hasn't been KTFO?? [​IMG] [​IMG] Remus, Mayweather dominated while he was at 130 MORE SO than Tszyu. Tszyu has longetivity but that doesn't really matter when Mayweather's fought just as good or more than likely better opposition. If you want I will break it down after I get done working out :D Apparently you underate a lot of PBF's opponents [​IMG] <hr></blockquote>

Longevity and unification are two of the most important things for a champion. That's what has been, is and always will be remembered. Getting to the top of the mountain is half the battle Val, staying there is the other half.

There are a few standouts on his resume sure. But nothing to brag about as a whole.

14. Remus

Remus Member

Apparently you underate a lot of PBF's opponents [​IMG] <hr></blockquote>

Apparently you haven't learnt about opinions yet. While one person may rate a fighter highly another may not.

Don't worry Dosta, I will strive to teach you about respecting other people's opinion's so you don't end up being a one-eyed, pig headed fan which is a disease begot by many a boxing fan. [​IMG] :D

15. Mark G

Mark G Member

Floyd has beaten....

Chicanito Hernandez
    Angel Manfredy
    Justin Juuko
    Carlos Gerena
    Goyo Vargas
    Burton (Agustus)
    Corrales
    Hay Zues Chavez
    JL Castillo (in some eyes)

Kostya has beaten...

Uncle Roger
    Hugo Pineda
    Jan Bergman
    Jake Rodriguez
    Rafael Ruelas
    Miguel Angel Gonzalez
    Julio Cesar Chavez
    Sharmba Mitchell
    Zab Judah
    Oktay Urkel
    and unified title

Would it be fair to say that Kostya has accomplished more but Floyd may surpass him because of his age?

[ October 02, 2002: Message edited by: Mark G ]</p>

16. Remus

Remus Member

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mark G:
    Floyd has beaten....

Chicanito Hernandez
    Angel Manfredy
    Justin Juuko
    Carlos Gerena
    Goyo Vargas
    Burton (Agustus)
    Corrales
    Hay Zues Chavez

Kostya has beaten...

Uncle Roger
    Hugo Pineda
    Jan Bergman
    Jake Rodriguez
    Rafael Ruelas
    Miguel Angel Gonzalez
    Julio Cesar Chavez
    Sharmba Mitchell
    Zab Judah
    Oktay Urkel
    and unified title

Would it be fair to say that Kostya has accomplished more but Floyd may surpass him because of his age?

[ October 02, 2002: Message edited by: Mark G ]
    <hr></blockquote>

I look at those resumes, (adding Tackie and Hurtado), and I put it together with a unification and a long reign as the #1 fighter and I see a clear winner and it isn't Floyd.

I do agree with one thing you said though. Given Floyd's age, if he continues in the way he has, he will easily eclipse KT in greatness, I never argued that point. [​IMG]

[ October 02, 2002: Message edited by: Remus ]</p>

17. Valdosta

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mark G:
    Floyd has beaten....

Chicanito Hernandez
    Angel Manfredy
    Justin Juuko
    Carlos Gerena
    Goyo Vargas
    Burton (Agustus)
    Corrales
    Hay Zues Chavez

Kostya has beaten...

Uncle Roger
    Hugo Pineda
    Jan Bergman
    Jake Rodriguez
    Rafael Ruelas
    Miguel Angel Gonzalez
    Julio Cesar Chavez
    Sharmba Mitchell
    Zab Judah
    Oktay Urkel
    and unified title

[ October 02, 2002: Message edited by: Mark G ]
    <hr></blockquote>

I disagree with your list. Thanks for saving me the time though [​IMG] If you list guys like Hugo Pineda,Jan Bergman, SHOT Roger Mayweather and SHOT TO HELL CHAVEZ than you can list Mayweather's last 11 opponents. Also, I take into consideration that Tszyu has been KTFO and that has to have some weight also when concerning a resume. [​IMG]

18. Remus

Remus Member

Also, I take into consideration that Tszyu has been KTFO and that has to have some weight also when concerning a resume. [​IMG] <hr></blockquote>

Yes it does, it also counts on how you come back from that defeat my one eyed brother. [​IMG]

19. Valdosta

Yes it does, it also counts on how you come back from that defeat my one eyed brother. [​IMG]
    <hr></blockquote>

:rolleyes: @ Trying to put a positive twist on getting KTFO!! Especailly when the fighter never tried to avenge his defeat ;)

20. Remus

Remus Member

:rolleyes: @ Trying to put a positive twist on getting KTFO!! Especailly when the fighter never tried to avenge his defeat ;)
    <hr></blockquote>

Of course there is a positive spin from it. How a fighter comes back can tell alot about their character and what sort of a champion they are.

It shows something not even the great Tito had a lions share of. Tito got KTFO and then fucked off into the sunset. Zoo came back better.

That says something about a couple of the intangibles of boxing. Heart and Intestinal fortitude.