Favorite Rounds?

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by The Hitman, Dec 30, 2003.

1. The Hitman

The Hitman Hitman

What are some of your favorite rounds? i have to say one of the most dramatic for me was Ike-DLH round 12. what is so remarkable is that DLH is laying a beat down on ike yet there is NO SUITABLE point where you could have stopped it. Ike never stopped throwing return punches. the ref woulf have been clobbered by ike if he stepped in.

also shock value rounds: when chavez and lopez got dropped by randall and rosendo respectively. wowzers :eek:

Hitman

2. Xplosive

Xplosive Member

Rd 6 of Hagler-Mugabi was incredible.

3. Hawktime

Hawktime Guest

Has to be the last round of Chavez/Taylor

4. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

toss up between sanchez/gomez round 1 and round 8.

5. ericjw

ericjw Member

Chavez-Taylor I round 10
    Hopkins-Trinidad round 10
    Bowe-Holyfield I round 10
    Foreman-Lyle rounds 4 & 5
    Hagler-Hearns round 1
    Hamed-Kelley round 2
    Cooper-Moorer round 1

6. Jack1000

Jack1000 Boxing Fanatic

Favorite Rounds:

Ward-Gatti I (9)
    Hagler-Hearns (1)
    Lee-Locicero (5)
    Gomez-Pintor (3)
    Chacon-Limon IV (any round from 3 on)
    Pryor-Arguello I (any round, especially round 1!)
    Robinson-Gatti I (any round, favorite non title fight of all time!)
    Sauud Muhammad-Johnson I (any round)
    Sauud Muhammad-Lopez I and II (8)
    Bowe-Holyfield I ( 10)
    Holmes-Norton (15)
    Morales-Barrera I ( 5)
    Duran-Barkley (round 7 or 8, can't rememeber exactly)
    Barkley-Hearns I (3)(GREAT KO!)

Jack

7. Tam-Tam

Tam-Tam Member

This dude is swtiched on.

Cooper-Moorer was awsome. I thought Michael was dead when he went down in the first round. I was scouring the image to see the shooter.

8. Braith...

Braith... Guest

[QUOTEWhat are some of your favorite rounds? i have to say one of the most dramatic for me was Ike-DLH round 12. what is so remarkable is that DLH is laying a beat down on ike yet there is NO SUITABLE point where you could have stopped it. Ike never stopped throwing return punches. the ref woulf have been clobbered by ike if he stepped in] [/QUOTE]

Hitman, watch the very end of DLH's flurry, Ike stops throwing punches and starts blocking DlH's punches, but by that time DLH's punches had lost a bit of sting, so it was a good call not to stop the fight.

9. The Hitman

The Hitman Hitman

Hitman, watch the very end of DLH's flurry, Ike stops throwing punches and starts blocking DlH's punches, but by that time DLH's punches had lost a bit of sting, so it was a good call not to stop the fight. [/QUOTE]

nope, there is one instance where ike blocks two punches and that;s it. he NEVER STOPS THROWING PUNCHES! there is no point where the ref could have stopped the fight. ike never "started" blocking punches, his arms barely ever stopped moving. sure they were all arm punches but that matters not

Hitman

10. Braith...

Braith... Guest

Yeah i know it was only for an instant, where he blocked those 2 punches, i was actually agreeing with you, just pointing out that instant at the very end of the flurry [​IMG]

11. The Hitman

The Hitman Hitman

oh ok :D [​IMG]

Hitman

12. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

konadu vs sahaprom round 2

13. Crocodillo

Crocodillo Guest

Page vs Lopez (Round 2)

I dont understand how Lopez could have lost that fight..everytime he hit page..page was out on his feet almost

14. Tam-Tam

Tam-Tam Member

Lopez lost that fight the same way he lost both his major league chances - his reluctance to let his hands go.

Lopez was too lazy, a waste...and I can't stand him for that same reason.

15. Remus

Remus Member

morales V mab rnd 7 i think. who cares, pretty much 8 out of 12 rnds were classic.

i aslo think ike V dlh 12 was a screamer.

16. Tam-Tam

Tam-Tam Member

Sanchez-Gomez round 1.

If you could put a picture, next to word "careerneverbeingthesameagain" in a boxing dictionary, it would be of that round.

17. Joonie73

Joonie73 Guest

Go to this link

http://www.ddanzi.com/ddanziilbo/121/121sp_062.asp

And click on the first blue rectangle link.

It has Sung-Kil Moon v. Nana Konadu 1st round. A pretty good round. Moon is down once & Konadu down twice. This fight is usually considered the best fight in the division history.

18. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Moon looked like Ricardo Mayorga in that bout. Crude yet powerful. Did he look like that in every fight?

19. Rebel

Rebel Admin

BTW, thanks for posting that link.

20. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

Caveman Lee-John Locicero round 5