ESPN Sunday Night Fights

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Michael Matos, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

There's a card just getting started on ESPN. I'll give some updates, not round by round but I'll let you know what's happening. First up is Ray Beltran and Hiroki Okada they are going to round three. In the second Beltran knocked Okada down early in the round but Okada came back right away and had Beltran in trouble for the rest of the round.

2. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Beltran and Okada not having any problems hitting each other. Only a matter of time till one of them lands one on the sweet spot.

3. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

We're at the end of the fifth. Both fighters are cut over the eye, Okada's left and Beltran's right. This is a good fight. Beltran probably up a couple of points.

4. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Beltran found the sweet spot in the ninth and stopped Okada after knocking him down twice in the round.

5. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Next up is Jose Ramirez vs Jose Zepeda.

6. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I have Zepeda up 3-0. He is just using basic boxing to befuddle Ramirez. This fight has that Swift Garcia vs Mauricio Herrera look to it.

7. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

4-2 Zepeda after 6. He's boxing well, crafty fighter.

8. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Close fight after 9. Zepeda by a point maybe two.

9. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I thought Zepeda edged it. Ramirez is fighting in front of his hometown crowd so it will go to Ramirez by a couple of points, maybe more.

10. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Majority decision win for Ramirez. 114-114, 115-113 and 116-112.

11. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

tons of boxing this weekend.

Puerto rico's last hope alberto machado was knocked out by body shots by a Mexican/American journeyman.

Michael Matos and El Profesor like this.
  12. El Profesor

El Profesor Member

First it was
    Lozada (:mexsmiley:) going:fightme: on Verdejo's head

Then it was
    Cancio (:mexsmiley:) going :fightme: on Machado's body

Now PR is left hurting for a champion :loling::loling::loling:

13. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

don't forget that el maestrito Herrera also beat swift Garcia but the fight was in rico so they gave the victory to swift.