Errol Spence vs Lamont Petersen

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Michael Matos, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

This weekend Errol Spence will defend his IBF welterweight title against Lamont Paterson. I like Spence and in my opinion he is the pick of the welterweight division. He's got size, skill and hunger. I would take him against any champion or contender. Not sure what Peterson is going to bring to the table he tends to run hot and lukewarm. Spence has the ability to become the unified welterweight champion but I have a feeling that Keith Thurman is going to do his best to avoid him at all costs which is a shame.

2. Ringside

Ringside El Padrino aka Boxing Fanatics Legend aka The Godf

Will watch this one. As a bonus it is on Showtime.

3. dazbag

dazbag Manos Daz Piedra

I’m kinda surprised Petersen is still doing it tbh...must be 35 by now

4. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

they interviewed both keef Thurman and spence around a month ago. Thurman said they will "probably" fight in 2019.

the way he came across definitely sounded like a duck.

5. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Yeah Keef is a likeable guy but he is really bitching out. He is ducking Errol. My favorite boxer at 147. And as far as Petersen....please the guy is washed up. Easy ko for Errol. A tune up fight

6. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

keef is pretty fat right now, too.

7. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

"Bangin'" Dick Bravado Half-breed , Half Steed

Spence has made no bones about it - He wants Peterson's body..and he will get it.
    Errol will be in like Flynn & bangin' money shots all night.

True Story.

PS, Spence in 7.

8. dazbag

dazbag Manos Daz Piedra

^^^Aye...I said inside 8

9. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I'll take 6.

10. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

spence in 8, too.

11. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

"Bangin'" Dick Bravado Half-breed , Half Steed

Errol Spence; possibly the best poker face since Eric "Sleepy' Floyd.

12. Ringside

some of your stuff is sailing way over a few heads here.. , however I get the reference, although how do you come up with this stuff? Eric Floyd..lol Back to the fights....BTW my wife's friend who lives near the Jersey shore dated Ray Mancini on and off..her friend was a teacher but after hours sang at clubs at the Jersey shore..decent voice... ..he used to work construction in Jersey for a while. He showed up in AC at a fight I was at maybe ffteen years or so ago with a real hot girl half his age so to speak . I got a very quick picture of him as I did not want to annoy him. He mumbled something Mr. Kim being an accident...but if I took another pic he would do the same to me but on purpose

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  13. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Spence starches Thurman.

14. Ringside

The Thurman fight probably would not last this long. Got to say Peterson sure has a lot of determination but sounds like he will retire which he should.

Michael Matos likes this.
  15. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Hopefully by years end Spence will rid the welterweight division of two fighters, Danny Garcia and Shawn Porter.

16. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

i used to call sleepy floyd "droopy".

there is a resemblance, actually...hahahah

17. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

The Easter-Fortuna fight on the undercard was a good scrap. Easter is a six foot lightweight but has no idea how to use the advantage. Even though he couldn't lose the title due to Fortuna not making weight he was lucky to eke out a close decision win. Eventually his luck is going to run out.

18. Ringside

I thought the one point deduction for the rabbit punches was justified. Even though Easter turned his back and layed low facing the ropes, it was very deliberate on Fortuna's part to do four or so rabbit punches in a row. Two and I would maybe be fine with it. I agree the fight was decent but Easter seemed sort of out of it in his approach. Fortuna made it exciting by really taking everything dished out and landing good shots at times as well. The scoring was fair even to me the one with the three point spread that some disagreed with.

19. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

mikey with his precision will destroy the bunny.

20. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

Easter is really really beatable. Mike kills that guys I agree. As far as Spence he is fun to watch. He’s really good at everything but not flashy. Spence and Crawford would be a great fight.