El Perro Angulo

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by El tanke, Aug 21, 2011.

1. El tanke

El tanke Member

Well, last night Angulo fight didnt last very long. Angulo looked fit and ready and he came out slow, while Gomez( journey man) was throwing some good jabs and moving around. As soon as Angulo let go he hit Gomez with a right hand to the ear, Gomez crumbled to the cambas. And he as counted out.
    I wanted to see Angulo get more rounds in, but oh well, at least he looked in shape.
    Theres was a lot of people, and in the interview, Angulo said he is hoping to get a fight vs Canelo soon. :)

I have asked Sanchito to have a 100 USD bet with me, if Canelo and El Perro fight but he appears to have ignored my request, seems hes not so sure Canelo can handle Angulo.:slaphead:

2. mikE

mikE Member

Pretty sure Angulo put him down twice with body shots.
    It was shown on ESPN Deportes. Then they showed Cesar Vazquez (like 22-0) fight 8 rounds. Then the program was over after about 45 minutes and they went to other programming.

3. El tanke

El tanke Member

No, El perro put him down for the count with a straigh right hand to the guys left ear. and only went down once, on his knees and he didnt get back up.
    Tehere was some kid who KOd his opponent with a body shot, and the guy was flat on his back for like 3 minutes. But I dont remember his name.

4. mikE

mikE Member

5. sanchito

sanchito BF Resident Douchebag

I didn't know you offered up a bet...that being said I don't bet...I got over that kind of stuff in my early 30's.

6. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

UFFFFFF, que maduro!!!!!!

so placing a friendly wager on a fight childish? whatever, man.

7. sanchito

It just does nothing for me...that's it...I'm not judging it nor did I call it childish, you did that.

8. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Pinche gallinita. :mexsmiley:

9. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

"I got over that kind of stuff in my early 30's."

Pretty condemning evidence.

10. sanchito

All I am saying is that I lost interest in betting in my early 30's. You are the one assigning a judgment. I think maybe it's because deep down you feel it might be childish. I don't, it just doesn't interest me anymore. That's all there is to it.

11. sanchito

Nah, I just don't use betting to make me more interested ina game, fight, or whatever. If I'm naturally interested in something I'll watch if I'm not, I won't. I used to use betting to create an artificial interest or to make something I was interested even more exciting. I just don't anymore. It wasn't a conscious decision, it just happened.

12. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Translation: "I hate paying up when I lose, which tends to happen quite often."

13. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

a veces me caes como patada en los huevos, we. este es uno de esos "a veces".

translation:

nothing childish about making free money. do you think playing poker or blackjack are childish, too? go ahead and read another romance novel with fabio on the cover, faggot.

14. El tanke

El tanke Member

Which means hes not so sure that Canelo would Kill El perro, like he was saying a few days ago. I dont blame him , because I think either Perro KOs Canelo, or Canelo survives a marathon and loses the fight, Canelo is no DLH in the legs department.

15. Boxingfanatics.com

Boxingfanatics.com Administrator Staff Member

El tanke, that fight would take place in Mexico, which means Canelo the current Mexican "cash cow" would get every benefit of the doubt. IMO, Angulo has to KO him or he loses a decision.

16. sanchito

Betting is like fighting...you will always lose no matter what.

17. El tanke

El tanke Member

Yeah, but even if Canelo were to win a controversial decision, the public would turn against him. Because in mexico people like fighters, and I just dont think Canelo can stand there with Angulo, and if tries he will go out on a stretcher, like Yorgey.
    Besides, Angulo already has Nacho Bereinstain in his corner, which will only make him a better fighter. So in this fight, even if canelo wins a decision me thinks he will lose fans.

18. sanchito

I don't think gambling is childish at all. Poker, blackjack, whatever. How hard is that for you to understand? It sounds like you are pretty insecure regarding this. I'm not sure why you find my statement offensive in any way. It's actually odd to me.

19. Rebel

Rebel Admin

I don't agree with that analogy. There's boxing/MMA fights that end so quickly, the winner barely breaks a sweat.

20. sanchito

???

I don't think you understand....I have been in many fights in my life....and I have lost my fair share...do something long enough or often enough and you will win some and lose some. That's what I meant.