Does size matter

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Hawaiianpunch, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Im not talking about big black dongs either so miss me with the homo jokes please. What I'm really curious about is what would happen if you took the most defensive fighter in the world in his prime like a 147 pound Mayweather vs an average Hw contender in his prime like a Chris Arreola or Andy Garcia? Who would win and how. Keep in mind it only take 15 pounds of pressure to knock somebody out. A lot of strong guys have power but not everyone has precision. Mayweather "could ko a hw" if he hits the button.

2. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

there are weight classes for a reason.

chris arreola and "andy" garcia may be fat, but they are in good shape to go 12 rounds vs elite heavyweight hitters. if they trap floyd in a corner and hit him with their bombs, even if he blocks them, he'll hit himself with his own gloves and hurt himself. that will happen plenty of times for 12 rounds, let alone the punches to the body he doesn't block.

3. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I thought the same thing until I saw De LaHoya fight shaq. It was an exhibition but you could tell the size diffrence was huge. And delahoya more or less neutralized shaq's offensive assaults.

4. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

come on, man....are you being serious?

thats like Nikolai Valuev playing basketball against Mugsy Bogues. Sure, Valuev might score a few points but Bogues will outscore him and win every single time.

5. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Serious as a heart attack. I believe old Paquio can knock out and old mike tyson. If they fought today Paquio will knock tyson out.

6. Carlos

Carlos ---

I think so too, and without straining himself - size is important, but it isn't everything - I'd take a guy like Pac or Mayweather to beat a whole lot of HW's from the last 20 years in their prime.

7. Carlos

Carlos ---

Exactly, a Tiny boxer vs a big guy who never boxed - Little guy will win 9/10 times. A welterweight vs a heavyweight that know how to box? Big guy wins for sure.

8. Greenstone

Greenstone Member

Mayweather would get knocked the fuck out against those two. You can outspeed and outskill for so long until you get hit and hit hard. Every time you get hit you get a bit more ragged and eventually it's lights out. Sure Mayweather would beat heavyweight bums or journeymen but not the heavyweight contenders.

Carlos likes this.
  9. Carlos

Carlos ---

Prime tyson vs any version of Paq? Surely you are joking:loling::loling::loling: Doesn't even have to be Tyson any top 20hw of the era would do, Witherspoon etc.

Ringside likes this.
  10. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

No right now...pacquio vs tyson today.

11. Carlos

Carlos ---

Doubt he'd knock him out, i could see him winning though.