Dmitry Pirog vs. Nobuhiro Ishida (May 1)

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Rebel, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Rebel

Rebel Admin

WBO middleweight titlist Dmirty Pirog (19-0, 15 KOs) is scheduled to make his third defense against James Kirkland conqueror Nobuhiro Ishida (24-7-2, 9 KOs) on May 1. Ishida somehow earns a shot at a middleweight title despite losing a lopsided decision to Paul Williams earlier this year. In Pirog's last bout, he halted Gennady Martirosyan September 2011.

The bout will be held at the Complex Krylatskoe in Moscow, Russia.

2. joey83

joey83 Banned

Another weak fight, pirog will win easily and then has to step up and fight a top 5 middleweight.

3. Mark G

Mark G Member

I don't know how Ishida did that against Kirkland. How did Kirkland get knocked out early in round 1 against Ishida? It happens I guess.

4. R_jay

R_jay Member

Ishida just kicked his ass. Tagged Kirkland with some shots, a few more put Kikland on the deck and Ishida kept pressing until the 3rd knockdown and the fight was called.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjiov7Dl1_w

5. Raging Bull

Raging Bull Member

Anybody see the fight? How did Pirog look?

6. Rebel

Rebel Admin

I haven't seen it yet. From what I've read at several places, Pirog appears to have dominated the entire fight. Ishida lost another but once again showed good durability. I will put it up once it shows up on Youtube.

7. Rebel

Rebel Admin

[video=youtube;SawPOmTM6j4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SawPOmTM6j4[/video]

This is Part 1. Parts 3-4 @ SuperBoxingVideos

8. Mayoman79

Mayoman79 Member

Ishida had no answers for Pirog. It's surprising that Pirog didn't put him away inside the distance.

9. Mark G

Mark G Member

I want to see how Pirog does against some of the other middleweights, Macklin, Chavez, Rubio, Martinez, BRING IT ON!