Dear HBO color commentator Roy Jones Jr...

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Rabid Kimba, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

STOP WITH YOUR FRIGGIN' GOD REFERENCES ALREADY!

You are a color commentator...NOT a goddamned preacher.

Act like a professional...you clown.

The TV audience wants you to ANALYZE...NOT preach that God is great.

This is boxing...NOT church.

Fucking imbecile...

:shittt: :shittt: :shittt: :shittt: :shittt: :shittt: :shittt:

2. Attraction

Attraction Member

HBO should be stopping it from happening. Its annoying, and he just sounds stupid.

3. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

I think it was last week, Roy refered to a fighter as fighting like a true Christian. Even usually quiet Lederman, during his scoring update, made note of that comment . He sounbded like jhe was chuckling..When asked what he meant by that from another commentator, Roy said something like the fighter was fighting proud..was Roy always this way? I never emeber him talking like this. He was a cockfighter I thought?....Ringo

4. TysonFan

TysonFan Sensei

Maybe all the headshots Roy's taken is having an effect.

5. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Was the other guy a lion?

6. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

:haha: :haha: :haha:

7. Mexican Eagle

Mexican Eagle Member

The U.S is a free country. Freedom of speech. I think he has balls to share his faith with the world. Most commentators are too concerned with being politically correct it's refreshing to see a man speak whats really on his mind. The U.S was founded by Christians that's why the almighty dollar says In God We Trust. I stand 100 percent behind Roy. Praise the lord my brother.

8. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Keep your lord.

The U.S was founded on Christianity...no...more like the Europeans beliefs shoving that shit into the Natives.

Founded by Christianity...lol.

Study the founding fathers...you are in for quite a surprise.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  9. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

BTW...Roy has always been a religious person...but before his return as commentator...he was never this preachy.

It's one thing to believe in God...and another is to keep yapping that shit every sentence...especialy to a boxing audience.

Take that crap to the 700 Club.

10. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

I wonder how would Roy like it if Larry Merchant were to say there's no such thing as God...I'd pay good money to see that happen...lol.

I do hope HBO puts a stop to that.

11. I don't want to hear about that shit while I'm watching a fight.

What the fuck? Every time someone wins, we get to hear about how Jesus made the win possible. Not them, not their trainer, not a bad case of the runs in their opponent or whatever, but Jesus. Great, so did Jesus make the other guy lose then? How come you never hear the loser say "thanks for making me lose Jesus, you cock". No, it's "well this must be gods will". Great, how about you train harder and smarter next time and then maybe god will pick you.

Anyways, sorry about the rant but yeah, I don't want to hear proselytizing when I watch a fight.

12. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

I couldn't agree more! I'm tired of all you fucking babies crying whenever somebody mentions God. You have the right to not believe and Roy has the right to believe in God. You act like he's calling all of you a bunch of cocksuckers or something. Oooh he mentioned God, so what? Get over it, ignore it but don't start crying about it cause you just come off as a bunch of little brats that want to tell on somebody.

13. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

freedom of speech on your own time, not on mine. i pay for hbo and don't want to pay someone to be preachy.

14. Xplosive

Xplosive Member

Roy is my boy.... but this shit has gotta stop, I agree.

Its super annoying, and Roy should know better.

15. The Hitman

The Hitman Hitman

as much as i can't stand roy jones and always root for him to be ko'd again, and then fired from the hbo commentator spot. i honestly couldn't give a flying fuck if he references God. That's probably the only thing about his commentating that doesn't really annoy me

16. Rebel

Rebel Admin

I actually like RJJ the announcer. I have no beef with him showing pride in his beliefs. :thumby:

17. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Who the hell are you to be calling us...the logical and sane ones...brats?

:slaphead: :lol:

You and the religious zealots are the nutty ones...believing in friggin' fairy tales....pinche brutos.

Bola de babosos...the Spaniards really did a number on you...

:lol:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  18. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Damn, X...I'm so proud of you right now...

:cheerss: :yoyes: :thumby: :mexsmiley:

19. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

I know...insane...isn't it?

Like God is wasting his time picking a fighter over another...instead of fixing the friggin' planet and all its other problems...there's nothing more important to the almighty one...than to give the brutal KO win to one fighter...and to fuck the other fighter in the ass...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

20. Xplosive

Xplosive Member

It'd be no problem if he mentioned god every once in awhile.

But lately, he's been preaching MULTIPLE times on every telecast.... which is unprofessional.