Danny Garcia vs Brandon Rios

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by "Bangin'" Dick Bravado, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Being you bought up Frankie Avalon, we were watching women's speed skating last night and one of the skaters was Francesca Lollabrigida from Italy. She is the niece of Gina Lollabrigida. She won a silver medal in the relay.

2. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

She was perhaps the most glamorous of them all. Beautiful woman who worked with just about everyone over many, many decades. I checked and she is still alive and lives in Sicily but at 90 plus does not have visitors to her home anymore.I guess she was not at the event last night. I love old movies on PBS and other networks and haven't seen her for a while in a picture rerun, but I remember her. I read she sold all her jewelry for I believe 5 million or so dollars and donated it to stem cell research. Tell her niece to hold on to her silver medal tight when she is around her aunt..lol

3. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

For many years starting on the late 70's Frankie Avalon was the main act at the Southampton Princess during the summer. I took him and his family out fishing a couple times every summer. He had a tribe, about 6-7 children. He was a good Catholic.

4. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

Mayo, I want your DOR!

(Mr. Bravado will get this..easy one..btw where is he?)

5. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

"Bangin'" Dick Bravado Half-breed , Half Steed

NO SIR!!! I've got nowhere.... I've got nowhere else to go....

6. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

I don't have a cousin that ever met Frankie Avalon , but do have one who met Edd "Kookie" Byrnes...

7. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

Very very cool. I still keep a comb in my back pocket to emulate him. The pop song "Kookie Kookie, lend me your comb" back in the day. Every time I drive down the strip I snap my fingers to the song... 77 sunset strip and then go into the kookie song. Cool!!!
    As for Fabian you do have such a cousin me! Being near Philly I have seen( him a few times on tour with the Golden Boys.. Fabian, Bobbie Rydell, and Frankie Avalon. He went around the crowd in Philly so I said a few words and shook his hand, and same in a Golden Boy concert in Cape Cod in a large tent setting. I and so many others always think of Annette Funicello when I think of Frankie Avalon. I know you remember all their beach movies..dancing the frug, twist..the big Kahuna! (or at least seen them in reruns)
    Good stuff!

8. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I know someone who met Annette Funnacello's eyebrows.

9. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

I assume it was her mortician when he/she embalmed her. Really felt bad for her MS over the years She was the girl next door in the movies. Bobby, Annette's partner from the Mickey Mouse Club is on Lawrence Welk Reruns I watch every Saturday Night when I'm home. He went from Walt Disney to Lawrence Welk . Actually a talented singer and dancer. On the show Welk features his daughter in law who was a young star in Mexico on television there and toured South America as well.... and then married into his family and came to settle in California. Very pretty and a great voice as well. Her name is Anacani.

I just went from Annette to Lawrence Welk to Bobby to Anacani.....that's how we roll here! lol

10. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Speaking of old people...are you a happy days fan? Did I ever tell you about the time I ran into the Fonz at the Childrens museum in down town la? I was married to a white chick and she was craving some "authentic" Mexican food so we went down to Olvera street and they got the best taquitos/flautas but hardly what id consider real mexican food. After lunch we made our way to the children museum that was a short walking distance. I did the whole loving father thing even took a pic with my son and the Fonz who was there with his grandkids. Im not a happy days fan but enjoyed waterboy his best acting performance imo.

11. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

that joo played a good wop.

shit, now my eyes are crossed.

same for james caan.

12. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

I wrote this years ago but Lowell Ganz and Balaloo Mandel co wrote \Happy Days. It is possible the Marshalls helped later. Lowell Ganz grew up with me in the place I refer to as the white ghetto. I went to his Bar Mitzvah which was only one table at a restaurant place they share events in Queens. His parents were off the boat from Europe with nothing. He dropped out of college and went out to the west coast with no guarantees to be a writer of comedy. He was always funny and smart. he wrote Splash, Parenthood. and a host of films as well...He wrote w ith the Marshalls )Laverne and Shirley) as well as writing many Hollywood scripts.
    . GOOGLE his name and a whole bunch of shit comes up. He married his secretary and his mom was still in contact with my mom until his mom died a while back, One of the all time writers and later he troubleshooted for the best of Hollywoods .faulty draft scripts. If Mr. bravado reads this maybe he will google Lowell and see if maybe any of his very talented family worked with him at any place in their career. He lives in Sherman Oaks and has always been super down to earth despite his success. I have my autograph books he signed and a cancelled check I gave at his Bar Mitzvah meal.

BTW as you know the Fonz is short....lol...my son who had his office at Marina Del Rey had the Fonz come and empty out a drwer there as the Fonz used the building for work he was doing.
    If you understand Happy Days it is cut out of my past in Queens N.Y. growing up to some degree. Good post.. I did not care for Seinfeld so don't ask as followup :winky: Seinfeld is more Long Island. Thank you for leaving Israel out of this.:rotfl::yoyes::clapping: Padrino

13. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

he was interviewed on tv and appears to have lost his money as he claims he could not refuse giving his daughter anything she wanted. I'm sure he told Stern this quite a while back. That is why he does reverse mortgage commercials for seniors..lol...he seems very nice and introspective when he talks....

14. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

That's why the Fonz was able to Jump The Shark... Sharks don't like gefilte fish.

15. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

Nice name drop of Fabes...
    BUT...
    we, as red-blooded Americans (And green-blooded Mexicans), cannot mention "Kookie" and "Combs" without paying homage to the great Connie Stevens!

Ringside likes this.
  16. "Bangin'" Dick Bravado

Even Super J has to say, "GODDAMN!! Those are some Armenian looking eyebrows!!"

17. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Do you do much recreational reading now days? Ive never heard the name Ganz doesn't ring a bell but sounds like quite a guy. My all time favorite author is Sidney Sheldon. I read his autobiography(The other side of me) and he was the definition of a true gentleman. He lived quite a life back when men acted like men not skinny jeans wearing, selfie taking metro sexuals. I miss those days.

18. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

My wife reads a lot and my retired receptionist reads a ton too. They share books together and my wife goes to to the library as well for books I haven't read a book in maybe 50 years or so..really..but. I started reading now that I am retired and am reading Daniel Silva's the Black Widow. I read a book from him and just finished it and now this one and love the stories and writing. Small chapters..lol . It has a lot to do with international spying involving Russians, Europe ,Mossad etc.The last chapter had an isis bomb go off in major market in Scandanavia. Very realistic and very current in what it talks about. Basically weapons traffic and terrorism, in Europe and Russia mainly, and Isis infiltration in these areas.. I know you will like the writing. I'd give you my book when I finish but if intercepted, te eliminaran . lol

I just asked the old lady. She has read a lot of Sidney Sheldon's books. I know she loves Nora Roberts and reads a ton of her books.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  19. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I just watched a movie called "we first take Brooklyn" not too many big names other than Harvey Keitel who happens to play a russian mob boss. Its the story of a former mossad /convict that moves from Israel to Brooklyn to start a new life but gets dragged back into crime(jewish mafia) I liked it....didnt get good reviews but its better than it getx credit for.

20. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

I love mafia stuff. Russian mafia in Brooklyn was very brutal but in recent years I don't hear that much. There are many Russian hookers in Sheepshead Bay area. Very upscale ones. They walk around with impunity. I see them when I pass through that area on the Belt Parkway on my way to Queens. They are so bad that if you got into an accident and the person got out of the other car and you hit a Puerto Rican dressed in chains from Coney Island..you would breath a sigh of relief that they were not Russian! :loling: