Crawford vs Brook

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Michael Matos, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Terrence Crawford vs Kell Brook welterweight title fight getting ready to go. I'll see if I can do some live updates.

2. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Pretty quiet first two rounds. Not many punches landed. Brook trying to control with the jab and Crawford looking to counter with the right hand.

3. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

Crawford stops Brook in the 4th. I suspected Brook was finished a while back.

4. Rebel

Rebel Admin

Good win for Bud. Hopefully, he gets the winner of Spence/Garcia. That's no gimme for Spence either considering he may not be the same after that car accident.

Michael Matos likes this.
  5. Valdosta

Valdosta Boxing Fanatics Moderator

Crawford is a mean, sadistic fighter that I like. Enough of the bullshit though, he needs to fight better opposition,

El Profesor and Michael Matos like this.
  6. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

How washed up was Brook? Not Crawford's fault he looked great but I wonder if Brook just came for a paycheck?

7. Rebel

Rebel Admin

If Spence looks bad after the car accident/one year layoff, assuming he beats Garcia and faces Crawford after that, many (not including myself) won't give Crawford credit if he blasts him. They'll say Spence was a shell of himself.

8. Valdosta

Well Brook fought well the first few rounds but Crawford always starts slow. I don’t think Brook just came for a check, it was just a dumb idea to go back down in weight at 34.

9. Valdosta

If Spence beats Garcia clearly that means he’s still really good. If he’s a shell of himself he will lose to Garcia. Of course Crawford would deserve credit if he beat him because I am not sure he does.

10. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

He came out mostly unscathed from that crash.

11. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I dont know why everyone on the internet is saying he may not be the same after the accident. As far as I know he had minor scratches. According to the doctors he had no broken bones, internal organ damage or neurological damage. So other than a little ring rust the accident is a non factor. For the record my money is on Crawford if he ever faces Spence and not because of the accident. But because of what I saw in the porter fight.

El Profesor and mex fighter like this.
  12. Valdosta

It was more than minor scratches. When he got ejected from the car his face got pretty fucked up. I would assume there was some head trauma in there.

13. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Not according to the doctors. Unless they are keeping it hush hush. But I dont like buying into internet rumors. Just sticking to the facts.

14. Valdosta

That’s clearly more than minor scratches. Come on now the guy got ejected from a car going extremely fast.

Attached Files:

15. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Those are flesh wounds. But having nasty cuts and bruises doesnt necessarily mean he has neurological damage. He was cleared by the doctors and they found no long term internal brain damage. Again I'm not a doctor and as far as I know neither are you. So how about we just go with the official medical report that cleared him to fight. As far as I know doctors didnt mention anything other than bruises and cuts.

16. Valdosta

That’s not minor scratches. Minor scratches don’t keep you in the hospital 6 days. Again he looked like that and sounded like shit months later on tv. I don’t need to be a doctor to question if that crash will have negative effects on his career. Until he fights next week it’s certainly questionable.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  17. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

He still looks like shit, always has. He looks like he's stoned like a motherfucker.

18. Valdosta

Also, I am not questioning if he was cleared to return, he obviously was. Athletes get injuries sometimes and are never the same, that is the question that needs answered and will be more than likely when he fights Garcia.

19. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

Facts...Marco Antonio Barrera had a metal plate put on his skull because of some neurological problem and then went on to beat Morales. I think Spence is fine lets not have a built in excuse if Garcia beats him.

20. Valdosta

Good for him. Not everyone reacts the same to injuries. Excuse or not it’s pretty crazy that he’s fighting Garcia in his first fight back. He certainly could have taken a softer touch. Garcia’s had lots of close fights, never really been dominated.