Cotto Vs Martinez June 7th

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by joey83, May 26, 2014.

1. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

:cheerss:

But like Mex...I don't hate Boricuas...I love my friends from la Isla del Encanto...especially your women...

[​IMG]

:yummy: :humpy: :mexsmiley:

Heck, one of the all time great Mexican bolero/ranchera singers, the late Javier Solis...loved to sing your song...

[video=youtube;0jFpXP3Itwk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jFpXP3Itwk[/video]

Also, the mostly Mexican act of Trio Los Panchos...the lead singer was always a Puerto Rican...

[video=youtube;FDme9SBjfec]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDme9SBjfec[/video]

:thumby:

2. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

If you think Martinez was 100% you are fooling yourself. The fact is he was coming off two knee surgeries and two fights in the last 3 years. A fighter that relied on mobility like Martinez was a sitting duck without his legs. Roach said it himself: Martinez is a great athlete but technically not a great boxer. When forced to strictly rely on his boxing technique alone vs Cotto he wasn't the same fighter that was able to box circles around huge punchers like Pavlik and Chavez Jr. You're gonna tell me Cotto hits harder than those guys? Please.

Cotto deserves the credit for going in there and taking what was his and not expecting to coast to a decision. I'm happy for Cotto. But I not blind either. I know a spent fighter when I see one.

3. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

Cotto equals a huge $$$ fight with Canelo. I'd be cheering for Cotto too if I was DLH.

4. Playboy

Playboy Member

I'm not saying Martinez is the same one that knocked Paul Williams out cold but he was as ready & prepared as he could've been for the Cotto fight.
    His knee was not an issue during the Cotto fight.

So you're telling me Martinez is broken down? So is Cotto.

5. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Martinez was more than ready. The same Ricans insisting that Martinez was ready are the same ones that insist that gomez wasn't, though. whats it gonna be, Ricans?

6. Playboy

Playboy Member

I love Gomez. He always seemed to be ready.

7. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

then that means you're too young to have ever argued about sanchez/gomez....lol

8. Playboy

Playboy Member

Let's not get into a debate about who's more shot, Cotto or Martinez.
    Let's accept the result & move on.
    It was an interesting fight with an unlikely outcome.
    Me, myself I thoroughly enjoyed it & can't wait for the replay.

Like a good man named Rodney King said, "Can't we all just get along?!"

9. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

shot nothing....cotto laid the wood to him. I honestly thought Martinez would win a minimum of 8 rounds and stopping him in 10 or 11.

10. handolo

handolo Member

He wasn't ready... The night before the fight he ate some pork fried rice that was left out all nite and went bad.. On top of that he busted 4 nuts in Rosaly's ahole that left him with out legs... Seriously.

:loling:

11. handolo

handolo Member

Good point.

12. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

Didn't 9/11 affect him, too? Didn't they take away his potassium? Didn't he lose because of the ring? Didn't he enter the ring cut already?

13. handolo

handolo Member

:loling::loling:

14. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

whats up, man? long time no post. you need to post more.

15. handolo

handolo Member

Yea bro, its been a while. Just busy with life.. Not as much traffic on the boxing section of this board these days, huh?

Maybe Canelo / Cotto will revive this place a bit...

16. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

I'll be rooting for cotto. fuck canelo.

17. blackrican23

blackrican23 Resident B-Boy

who hacked this account :loling:

18. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

I don't like Canelo either...count me in as rooting for Cotto too.

And while we are at it...I hope both Carl Froch and Triple G...comatose da fuck out of Chavez Jr...I hate that fucker even more...

:lol: :nodding: :mexsmiley:

19. El Profesor

El Profesor Member

GGG can put Chavez Jr. in that coma...no help from Froch needed.

20. Playboy

Playboy Member

I like Canelo & Chavez Jr.
    My beef with Jr. (Chavez) is that early on he didn't seem dedicated & now he wants to apply himself more.
    Canelo I admire as a power boxer.
    Both ascending stars, I think.