Cotto vs. Margarito: Round by Round/Postfight

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Jack1000, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

I'm the one who knows Marg and his camp ....not you..I hang with my own..not whitey...I'm just being fair..not prejudiced...Ringside

2. Rebel

Rebel Admin

You don't even know what your "own" is anymore. :huh:

3. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

Neither do you...Ringside

4. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Watch that round again...Margarito clearly won round 6...not only on two of the three judges' cards, but on mine as well.

Looks like you gulped everything Lampley and Kellerman said.

5. Hayabusa

Hayabusa Guest

It seems like you're trying the tried amd true tactic of blaming the commentators. I've been watching boxing for a while. HBO have blown coverage before and I've learned to tune them out. Margarito was getting outboxed, a child could see that and only someone with a "trained eye" would say different.

The old Jew pretty much said it. The under appreciation of "blue collar work" has become such a cliche that people "in the know" are starting to overcompensate. There's simply no way in hell Marg should've been up at the time of the stoppage and you won't find many non-mexicans who thought he was outside of message boards.

6. Jack1000

Jack1000 Boxing Fanatic

Most viewers and writers had either boxer within two points to an even fight at the time of the stoppage. It was that kind of fight. That one source that had Margarito ahead 8-2, that sounds way too extreme, far worse than anything Lampley called in this fight

Jack

7. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

Apparently not long enough.

:mex: