Cotto vs. Margarito: Round by Round/Postfight

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by Jack1000, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Valentino

Valentino Member

He is perhaps what Finito Lopez was to Ricans. Lopez has a more Rican style of fighting...and Cotto has more of a Mexican style of fighting.

Puerto Ricans LOVED Finito Lopez. Even when he destroyed Alex Sanchez.

2. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

ok, puto.....here's to you meeting memo ochoa someday.

3. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

not saying i don't like his style, but he's fighting a mexican.....period. wilfredo gomez fought like a mexican, too, but we all enjoyed his asskicking.

that has nothing to do with it. a rivalry is a rivalry. there is no middle ground.

4. sanchito

sanchito BF Resident Douchebag

I thought that way when I was in my early 20's. I've since met and done business with many Puerto Ricans (from the island especially) whom are good people. I don't harbor the same anger and vitriol that I once had for them.

5. Valentino

Valentino Member

You will be surprised how much Mexicans (from Mexico) and Puerto Ricans (from the Island) like each other. I have been in Mexico a couple of times...both by the Caribbean section and Mexico City and I have always been treated VERY VERY well.

6. sanchito

I agree, I think the intensity of the rivalry may be more of a Mexican-American and Puerto Rican-American type thing.

I mean one of Javier Solis' most popular songs is about Puerto Rico ("Mi Viejo San Juan") and he is as Mexican as it gets!

7. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

i know, i know, you tried to slam me by suggesting i grow up. whatever.....its a SPORTS rivalry and there is no middle ground.

my brother married a borykwa girl, it still doesn't mean i don't want to see them get knocked the fuck out by a mexican no matter how nice they are and no matter how much business we do with them. she is nice as hell, too. it has nothing to do with it. stop trying to be mr. "ay si, yo soy muy sofisticado para esas cosas". me cae de a madres que me caiste mal con tu mamada, buey.

8. sanchito

It's true...I was rooting for Margarito but I felt bad for Cotto. What can I say?:555:

9. Valentino

Valentino Member

To MexFighter: Sanchito es un hombre sofisticado. No hay nada malo con eso. No ataque a un Mexicano por tener una mente progresista!

10. sanchito

I wasn't trying to slam you at all btw. I was just telling you why I think the way I do now.

11. sanchito

Gracias. El pedo es que lo conoci y era muy gentil y hasta me dijo, "que dios te bendiga". Es algo impresionante cuando un atleta de su nivel toma el tiempo para hablar con sus fanaticos y admiradores. Es algo que se debe de respetar y es una conexion personal.

No lo miro como algo negativo.

12. Valentino

Valentino Member

Cotto, Finito Sanchez, y muy poco otros atletas tienen esa humildad que hay que respetar.

13. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

lo respecto contra cualquier otro que no sea mexicano. ya contra un mex, que le partan la madre!

14. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

OH SHUT UP PAYASO!!! :piss2: :mex:

This has nothing to do with hating a specific group of people...it's a boxing rivalry...it's all in good fun...and that's what makes it exciting...the beaner vs rican shit, guey.

Now stop being so friggin' righteous...and get me a beer, bitch.

:mex:

15. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

'zactly^^^^

now we have bal being the good guy, but had cotto won, he'd be talking smack like anyone who loves the rivalry would.

I'M ONTO YOUUUUUUUUUUU!

16. sanchito

I'm saying the rivalry is still there but not the vitriol, for me anyway.

17. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

ps, i met tito right after he nearly decapitated campas...was the nicest guy on the planet. he went out of his way to talk to me, sign an autograph, etc.

did i want oscar to destroy him? of course i did.

18. sanchito

Shit I didn't. I hated Oscar at that time.

19. Rabid Kimba

Rabid Kimba Member

That's a bad ass song...and even badder when it was sung by Solis.

Here's Solis with el Trio los Panchos singing En mi Viejo San Juan:

[youtube]SE53iLP9XNw&feature=related[/youtube]

:clappy: :clappy: :clappy:

The montage is kinda sad...you see near the end where Solis is in his hospital bed near death...and then you see him on the coffin, the dude was in his 30s...sad.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  20. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

wow, talk about a downer of a post^^^^

congrats!