Cotto-Canelo 11/21 announced...?

Discussion in 'Boxing News and Discussion' started by O-Dogg33, Aug 7, 2015.

1. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

Will this get officially announced today now that the Mayweather fight is finally announced and out of the way?
    I heard there were a few details to iron out mainly the rematch clause issue that of course Cotto is holding up but that it will get made 11/21 at most like the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

2. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

A few days ago I heard the official announcement would be early next week.

3. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

I'd love to go to this fight, i've never been to a fight at the mandalay bay I hear its a great venue.

4. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

It is, I saw Barerra-Marquez there.

5. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

Sounds exciting. Anyone who can get there do so fpr this fight. I have never seen a fight at that hotel but I have been there when there was no fight and hotel is very nice. I have a feeling this will be one of those fights that will stand out years from now.

6. Hawaiianpunch

Hawaiianpunch Banned

I bet you are excited about this fight being the big Cotto fan you are. It should be good with the Mexican and Puerto Rican fans filling up the arena. I haven't been this excited since Trinadad Vs. Vargas. ;) if you go take some pictures for me.

7. Rebel

Rebel Admin

BF reunion in November? :mexsmiley:

8. Playboy

Playboy Member

It's official HBO PPV

9. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

I booked a hotel room for that night I'm gonna try to make it. I have a feeling tickets are going to be next to impossible to get on the primary market but i'll be ready when they announce them.

10. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

o-dogg, on this one, it would be to put an exclamation mark after the title, unlike other titles of yours.

11. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

Success is not owned,
    It is leased,and rent is due everyday.

I am at my gym after a workout and saw this posted, and the first thing I thought of is the love I have for the Career of Miguel. He truly followed this creed through thick and thin, fist and plaster. I will be rooting for him all the way and then some. Padrino

12. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

if that stale motherfucker only had 2% personality, he'd be bigger.

he's the type to walk into a room and everyone walks out.

13. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

He is big. Hall of Fame awaits him for sure.

14. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

big fucking whoop! HOF

cuevas, palomino, and stallone are in it.

15. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

:haha:

16. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

I've been looking at the compubox numbers for Canelo and Cotto just trying to get a gauge on what each guy needs to do to win.

1.Activity: Canelo rarely throws over 500 punches a fight and I think that will be a problem vs Cotto. I think you need to stay busy against him. Mayweather threw 687 punches against Cotto ( a rarity for him) and landed just 26% even more of a rarity but was able to sway the judges with his activity. Trout as well threw 779 punches vs Cotto and got the decision.

2. Jab: Canelo's jab is basically a non factor. He hardly lands it and doesn't use it to establish distance or to set up punches. He's a power puncher that punches in combination. Trout and Mayweather threw over 300 jabs a piece in their victories over Cotto. Cotto will be able to walk right in on Canelo.

I think if Canelo is going to win he's going to have to stop Cotto. I don't see his inactivity impressing the judges. My gut is that Cotto will do just enough to win. That being said I am terrible at picking Cotto's big fights. I picked him to win against Trout and Pacquiao and he lost. And I thought he'd lose against Mosley and Martinez and he won. Sorry Puerto Rican fans I may have just put the jinx on Cotto. :mexsmiley:

17. mex fighter

mex fighter Meqcksykin

o-dogg....if you want people to respect your opinion, NEVER bring up compubox.

just sayin'

18. O-Dogg33

O-Dogg33 El Mero Mero

I know you can't determine a winner of a fight based on a subjective tool like Compubox. Generally I hardly agree with compubox because this isn't olympic style boxing where you score points. Its not a true indicator of how the fight went. But that's not really my point. I'm just using it to get a statistical average on how many punches each guy typically throws in a fight because I really feel activity will be a big factor on who wins.

19. Ringside

Ringside Retiree

Not the women. That's for sure. He gets the best.

20. Michael Matos

Michael Matos Member

I don't mind how O-Dogg used compubox, my problem is people who look at a close fight and say A landed 171 and B landed 164 so therefore B must have lost. With that being said Compubox is just fraught with inconsistencies.